FPA Introduces EA Performance Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Testing EA's

Hi Asst Moderator,

You' ve done a great job for all our members here. Can you try the latest
FOREX REBELLION..heard the feedback seem very positive..

Cheers mate

JH

One more new one for you...

Forex Scouter by Exel Stocks

The equity graph looks very strange for this one. They asked the broker to reset the demo account, and the broker instead did a large withdrawal and deposit. I think it would be best to follow the graph after that strange spike that was created.

Just follow the links to the review page and look in the upper-left for the link labeled EA Test. You can also check out the Test Lab page, which lists all EAs being tested in one place and allows for sorting by name, average pips per week, or average equity per week.

Notes: I'd like to thank Exel Stocks for volunteering their Forex Scouter EA to join the FPA's Performance Testing.

Several bots were updated. Notes about the latest updates appear on each EA's Performance Test page.

People keep writing in with EA support questions. All information the FPA has is posted on each Performance Test page. Some EAs may need special settings depending on if the broker is 4 or 5 digits. Some may need adjustments if your broker is NFA regulated and how it observes hedging and FIFO rules. Please contact the EA vendor for this information.

As always, execution will vary between demo accounts vs. live accounts and from broker to broker. You may want to consult your EA vendor for broker recommendations.

Forex Rebellion's website makes it look more like a trading system than an EA.

Forex Rebellion is a trading system. It includes an EA that produces trading signals, but it is a manual trading system. And it appears to be a good system, with an excellent manual and intruction videos, and an EA that provides trade signals, not automated trading.

Four more EAs enter the fray, one with a live account.

Easy Trade 4x

Forex God Father

Forex Trend Scalper

Fx Mafix - Live

Just follow the links to the review page and look in the upper-left for the link labeled EA Test. You can also check out the Test Lab page, which lists all EAs being tested in one place and allows for sorting by name, average pips per week, or average equity per week.

Notes: I'd like to thank Fx Mafix for volunteering to join the FPA's Performance Testing with a live account.

Exel Stocks has provided a new account for Forex Scouter. The old one had some technical issues.

A member has brought a problem with the Weekly Equity calculation to the FPA's attention. That issue should be fixed very soon.

As always, execution will vary between demo accounts vs. live accounts and from broker to broker. The speed of your internet connection may also cause some variation. You may want to consult your EA vendor for broker recommendations.

Fx Mafix

I have a question on Fx Mafix.

If you look at the statement, the profit/loss amounts for open trades do not match those of the closed trades as a percentage.

IOW, if you look at the closed trades, a 30-pip gain or loss makes or loses about $30.

With the open trades, a 30-pip gain only makes about $20, yet a 30-pip loss is about -$65!

It would be appreciated if the owner of the this EA could explain this. If I am mistaken, please correct the math. Thanks.

Mark

If you want to help new traders, simply do not promote EAs, there is virtually no way a system can work in the long run without human intervention, ALL automated trading EAs will eventually crash -they can't adapt- even if you diversify using various EAs you will be at greater risk, an "End of Day" Position Trading Strategy is a better option.

Hope this enlightens some traders

God Bless You All

Tell that to Mr Bill Dunn, Salem Abraham, John Henry, Jerry Parker and others...

I really like to performance testing:)
I look at it every day to see the latest stats. FPA Performance Testing is the first site for me to check for a new EA - very well done!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back