Fundamentals trump TA

Dave Hanson

Private, 1st Class
Sive's big miss on AUD today Jan. 5/11 proves once again that fundamentals trump even the best technical analysis. On paper, his Forex Daily Analysis of AUD/USD looked like an easy 100 pips/tics with his .618 expansion to parity. However, the economic data was bad (US jobless claims) and this ruled the day.

Brutal call by Sive Morten

That was an inept call by Sive Morten (for Aussie to rebound to parity with USD from .8880). He knew about Queensland floods when he wrote it. Got to take his analyses with a grain of salt.

I've been a little to busy to read Sive for a couple of weeks. I do see that the AUD/USD was at parity about a day or so back and is at .9915 right now. Did I miss something about .8800?

No matter what, take everyone's recommendations with a grain of salt. Even the best analyst can made some bad calls. If there was someone who got it right all the time, everyone who followed that person would be rich already.

I've noticed that some of the guys at DailyFx.com are pretty close to accurate on their TA... anyone else use this site?

Back