HOT Forex Signal (Wed, Feb 10, 19:30 EST) Australian Employment

RSS got me in before the explosion, and I made 100 pips.

Really? I use SNW and it woke up nearly 4 seconds (over 30 pips) after news announcement. I've read somewhere, that SNW is not so good for Australian and New Zealand reports. Cannot find the post any more, but it was stated there (I think), that SNW is good for UK and US news and something else (RSS maybe) is much better for Australian and New Zealand reports. What about Canadian?

What do you think?

Crazy Cat, did your trigger in SNW fire at 19:30:03.80 as well?

I analysed the tick chart from my broker and the price started to move up exactly at 19:30:00, stopped for a second at 19:30:05 at the level of 0.8804 (at which I was filled in) and then went up another 40 pips in the next few seconds. So it seems the "slippage" of over 30 pips I got was "fault" of SNW, not my broker. Other traders, banks etc, who were responsible for the initial move (up to 0.8804) got the news these few seconds earlier it seems.

And... maybe it's a bit risky to say, but it looked almost like the second wave (these over 40 pips) were caused by SNW users :) But there are too few of us to be responsible for such a move of course, right?

Last edited:
Great Job Crazy Cat

Hi!

I think that this was a success for Crazy Cat in that it played out like Crazy Cat said it would! If you looked at the last one, there was a similar spike! So, if you want to trade such news, you must have the 'advantage' of getting the news and placing the trade at least alongside others even if it costs you higher!

Anyways, most people had the chance of catching the 30~50 pips left! :D And that's pure profit thanks to Crazy Cat!

Best of luck!

Regards,
Ahmed Faraz

Back