• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss MillionDollarPips.com (William Morrison)

General discussions of a financial company
Live account

My live account is with FXCBS only. ForexVPS has tuned my UK VPS a little. Hope it will help. FXCBS has yet to answer my inquiry on the large execution time.

Hi!

I made ping to this IP from Alpari Uk:

84.45.118.32 - > 38ms demo

84.45.12.141 -> 37ms live

iam from Portugal and iam testin MDP in demo and in less a month made 67% and i start to use it in live and performance diferent....

Does anyone here can explain why both IP have the same lactency the results are diferent?

Does anyone here test using in FxSalt broker? this broker give free VPS!

Performance

From 8-27 to 9-27 my live account with FXCBS increased by 91.9% using MDP. Of course, there are some "non-default" settings involved. Somehow, I began with a lot size of 1.5 for a balance of only $4985 (v1.1.6 problem), even though I specified 1.5% for the risk. Right now, the lot size problem has been fixed with v1.2. My average executioin time is still ~1000ms with the live account.

The Think Forex demo increased by only 56% (on the MDP website and according to my tracking) during the same period. I believe that MDP must have performed really well during June-August to generate a net monthly return of ~100%.

With default settings, I believe that a monthly return of 50-60% a month is feasible (live) provided you have the optimal combination of broker and spread.

P.S. Performance for the demo and live accounts cannot be the same. This is true for all EAs. This is because the liquidity associated with live account is not as good as a demo account.

Don't Need VPS

One thing that I have noticed, and I am sure the rest of you have as well, is that when MDPs trades, it does so in a matter of seconds and usually once per day. After trying a couple of VPS' over the past 6 months, and not particularly enjoying their performance or lack thereof, my suggestion to those considering going live with MDP is to use your MT4 platform on your computer to run this EA. As long as you have enough RAM memory (say, 4 Gigs) and a reasonable CPU speed (anything out in the last couple of years), you are going to get much better response than from a VPS. And, as you don't have open postions, like most other EAs, you don't run the risk of your computer going down or electricity going off or internet going down, and ruining your trades. You will need to keep your computer on 24/5 but, again, the chance of something going wrong exactly during the 20-30 seconds when MDP is trading is about 1 in 100,000 or better. The one thing that I would recommend is, if you are using a laptop, buy a decent cooling fan to set your laptop on to keep your PC cool during its operations. A dual fan system is best and can be had for about $35-$45.

From 8-27 to 9-27 my live account with FXCBS increased by 91.9% using MDP. Of course, there are some "non-default" settings involved. Somehow, I began with a lot size of 1.5 for a balance of only $4985 (v1.1.6 problem), even though I specified 1.5% for the risk. Right now, the lot size problem has been fixed with v1.2. My average executioin time is still ~1000ms with the live account.

what kind of "non-default" settings do you use?
do you use group_orders setting? and how many simultaneous orders do you use?
with Pepperstone live account MDP does not trade without group_orders....

Settings

From 8-27 to 9-27 my settings were "basically" default (risk 1.5%, NumsOrder=0, Additional_Channels=1, Sim Orders=8). I did not use v1.2 until 9-15. So it was v1.1.6 before that. From 8-27 to 9-15, I had a lot size of ~1.4 to 1.5 even though my balance was only around $5000-$9000. This lot size was unintentional, since somehow v1.1.6 produced too large of a lot size for the balance in my live account. From 9-15 to 9-27 I used a risk of 2-2.7%, since the lot size problem has been fixed by v1.2.

Since I used very large lots during this period, I believe the "normal" results should have been around 50-60% return for this period, just as shown by the Think Forex demo. But the potential is still there for a monthly return exceeding 100%, as shown by the Think Forex demo on the MDP website. When I used very large lots by accident, I encountered quite a lot of rejections by the broker. But the rejections stopped after I started using the normal lot sizes for my balance (risk 2% and using v1.2).

So, the potential is there for a great return. I did have a loss of ~17% on 9-21, and some outages & shutdowns during Hurricane Irene and security updates. So using my own PC does carry some risk. Right now, I reset my security settings, so I do not download any security updates until the weekend. Downloading security updates can often shutdown my Windows. If my ForexVPS does not perform well, I will switch back to my own PC. It appears that an average execution time of ~1000ms can still yield a high return.

Last edited:
Execusion speed

I have set up a VPS that has a ping of only 3ms to the FXCBS server but the Avg. exec/open/modify speeds are 925/1168/893 ms and that is not much different from what I had on my own PC, so maybe it is just as well to keep running the EA myself. I have to say that I have only had the VPS for two trading days. Anyway, MDP has not made money for me since 21st September.

From 8-27 to 9-27 my settings were "basically" default (risk 1.5%, NumsOrder=0, Additional_Channels=1, Sim Orders=8). I did not use v1.2 until 9-15. So it was v1.1.6 before that. From 8-27 to 9-15, I had a lot size of ~1.4 to 1.5 even though my balance was only around $5000-$9000. This lot size was unintentional, since somehow v1.1.6 produced too large of a lot size for the balance in my live account. From 9-15 to 9-27 I used a risk of 2-2.7%, since the lot size problem has been fixed by v1.2.

Since I used very large lots during this period, I believe the "normal" results should have been around 50-60% return for this period, just as shown by the Think Forex demo. But the potential is still there for a monthly return exceeding 100%, as shown by the Think Forex demo on the MDP website. When I used very large lots by accident, I encountered quite a lot of rejections by the broker. But the rejections stopped after I started using the normal lot sizes for my balance (risk 2% and using v1.2).

So, the potential is there for a great return. I did have a loss of ~17% on 9-21, and some outages & shutdowns during Hurricane Irene and security updates. So using my own PC does carry some risk. Right now, I reset my security settings, so I do not download any security updates until the weekend. Downloading security updates can often shutdown my Windows. If my ForexVPS does not perform well, I will switch back to my own PC. It appears that an average execution time of ~1000ms can still yield a high return.

what type of account do you have on FXCBS, standart or commission free account?

what type of account do you have on FXCBS, standart or commission free account?

I have a standard ECN account. I started with $4985. The commission is $8 per standard lot. My goal is to have as small a spread as possible. Most of the times, FXCBS has EURUSD spread less than 1.0. It is impossible for a broker to survive without charging a commission if they have to offer such a small spread. Don't be scared off by the commission. If you can have a very small spread, the profit you gain from the profitable trades will more than make up for the commission you have to pay!

Hot Forex has a very small spread also. But I have run the demo with them for only a short time.

I have a standard ECN account. I started with $4985. The commission is $8 per standard lot. My goal is to have as small a spread as possible. Most of the times, FXCBS has EURUSD spread less than 1.0. It is impossible for a broker to survive without charging a commission if they have to offer such a small spread. Don't be scared off by the commission. If you can have a very small spread, the profit you gain from the profitable trades will more than make up for the commission you have to pay!

Hot Forex has a very small spread also. But I have run the demo with them for only a short time.

demo accounts don`t show real situation for MDP, i try live account in ThinkForex, no chance to trade at all, but on demo, it`s shows fantastic results...

Back