Olimpfinance: Fraud by account manager Sebastian Winter

My bank, Targobank in Germany, declared that this was a civil case. They don`t understand - or don`t care about - the criminal nature of this case.

My bank, Targobank in Germany, declared that this was a civil case. They don`t understand - or don`t care about - the criminal nature of this case.

Your bank is being lazy. Chargebacks for failure to deliver promised goods and services apply whether or not the case is of a civil or criminal nature. Appeal within the bank and contact Visa or Mastercard (as applicable) for more info.

^ Different country's consumer protection laws are a bit different. USA you have like 120 days or something like that for fraud (which I think is over the top for 2017), most developed countries it is similar.

But some other countries may be nearly 0; usually cash-based developing economies. You can file a chargeback claim, but if it comes out of the bank's pocket, they won't support it.

In Germany there is a clear EU-Regulation, see Pharaoh above. I got a confirmation from VISA about that. Now I asked them what to do next. Lawyer ?

My bank refuses a chargeback, saying that I cannot prove my case. However I gave them all I could. Please give me advice. Making a complaint at a police station ?

Back