• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss OlympTrade.com

General discussions of a financial company
hahah, no, my guesses are well-educated. I've read a lot of trading literature, know a lot about risk managements, etc. To tell the truth after reading some of the books I had a feeling that in trading having a strategy and some good risk management is even more important than the essence of this strategy. Yet, I don't have any proofs so far. Looks like the strategy must make some sense as well to make it all profitable.

It could actually be that your understanding was not too far from the truth. I think that risk management could be enough if there were no broker's commissions that make the expectation less optimistic. Considering no broker wants to work for free (no that I know of) - yeah, you better make sur the system has some scientific ground :)

Frankly speaking, there is no strategy as we imagine it. This is the thing I learned for sure. The market is constantly changing, what worked a week ago may be completely unsuitable today.

You're right in some way but wrong in general.
The newbir (or simply bad) trader thinks that strategy is the final plan and trader just need to follow it step-by-step.
Professional traders know that strategy is something like a frame, but you're free to manage and change it as you want.

It's not a about this at all, strategy is only a part of the puzzle. I see trading as a combination of three things: market understanding, strategy understanding and risk management. But I don't know how to combine it correctly, at least not yet.

I think this understanding arises when you trade and learn the market. It's something like reflexes. I don't even advise you to focus too much on it, the most important thing is that your profitability is above 0. If you make money, then you're doing everything right.
I can't remember myself at the beginning of my trading career, but I think I had the same problems. Risk management is like riding a bike. It's math in theory, but rather your reflexes in practice. An experienced trader understands risk reflexively without even focusing on it. There are of course misfires, but that's okay for any trader.
So just try to keep ROI at 0 or above...

Hey guys! I'm testing the Olymp Trade demo at the moment an I've noticed these are different sets of instruments there for forex and fixed time trading. Why so? FTT section lacks some stocks. Why so? Is it possible to add the desired instruments to fixed time trading assets list?

I don't think it's possible to add any assets there. Whatever is on the list - that's it. That's what you have to deal with.

Correct. You can't add new instruments to the list and the lists are different for fixed time trading, Olymp Trade forex platform and MT4 Olymp accounts.
I don't see a reason though why anyone would want to trade rare stocks with FTT. Why do you want that?

Not that I want them badly there. I just want to understand all the features of the platform for now. As I practice more on a demo account, the more I understand why FTT is left for more liquid assets. Loooks like its difficult to trade stocks here in general, not even speaking of OTC stocks that are not even in snp500 list yet.

Back