• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss OlympTrade.com

General discussions of a financial company
Yes, they have such a bonus. I recently registered on Olymp Trade platform, and they offered me to deposit right away and get the bonus. I didn’t do that, as anyway, I’m planning to trade on demo-account, to begin with. And I don’t need bonus funds. You won`t be able to withdraw it…
When I learn how to trade, I will be trading with my own money and safely withdraw the profit.

In reality, the bonus is a good thing, this is like an airbag. Especially it will be useful for the newcomers, as many wipes out their deposit due to lack of experience. And the bonus will allow continuing the trading even in such case, and moreover you won’t own anything to the company. Maybe, you will manage to trade in black and then all the money except the bonus is yours. But if not – you still don’t lose anything. ;)

This is quite an exquisite logic here, lol. On the one hand, if you decide to fund your account this probably means that you are aiming to succeed and do have some confidence that you actually can. No need for bonus in this case, because it can help only if you fail. On the other hand, as you’ve said it’s an airbag in case you fail, which means that you are funding your account, but still suspect you can fail. Myself I’m very confused, because I feel I really want this bonus. Does this mean I’m not ready for trading with real money?

Sounds like something to talk to a psychotherapist about, lol. Nice that you try to understand your psychological motives. Working with own fears is a huge part of success on the market. I’ve heard this thousand times. But if I were you, I wouldn’t overcomplicate it all. You can look at this the following way. First you try trading with demo money. If everything goes well, than fund your account and get the bonus. Simply trade with real money account as if it was demo-money. In case of success, profit will be your reward. But if you fail, you will get demo-pro account, with withdrawable profits. A special “participation trophy”. Isn’t it nice?

Thanks for your help indeed. No need to spend the money on a psychotherapy now :) Yes, fears are my worst enemies. I know there is also greed to worry about. But my experience says I really regret more about things I didn't even try doing, rather than about things I’ve tried but failed. Decided! I’m getting this damn bonus and do my best to have no need to use it.

Regardless of thin matters, psychology and everything else, bonus is a great thing at Olymp. I’ve heard some brokers allow withdrawing bonuses after you trade certain amount of lots, but I think that this is a very suspicious practice. At OT you won’t be able to put in $100 and withdraw $200, this is not a magician’s hat. But they will let you withdraw all the profits made with bonus funds. I think it’s fair enough. For me it was once very helpful! In the beginning I was very reluctant to the idea of bonuses, but thanks goodness, changed my opinion before depositing real money.

Would be great if you could share your experience. I understand traders are not always eager to share such experiences, but why not. If everyone was posting only good trades here, forum would have become useless

True. As the known song said, I’m only human after all…
I’ve invested $100 about a month ago. Knowing that they Olymp offers this 100% bonus upon quick funding of newly registered account I was well-prepared and deposited $100 within 30 minutes since registration, so my 100% bonus was approved. Like everyone else I was hoping I won’t need to use it, but on October 10th I went short on GBPUSD with no stop loss. The overall trend was down, so I didn’t even bother to cut my losses immediately. How far could it go? In my opinion there must have been some retracement form 1.2435. Then I thought oh well, 1.2550 is a great resistance. When my $100 all melt down the trade was closed. The price was 1.2680 at that time. Actually if I had $200 they all could have been gone, so I’m glad that the trade was closed finally. Now I only have bonus money to trade. And a hope to recover the loss trading seriously and implementing stop losses for each trade. That was a good lesson.

Back