Three cheers for United States of America for hitting a new milestone

The USD is not the only currency around. Sometimes I live in Thailand(one of the advantages of being a Forex trader) and I am sure the Thai baht will still buy everything I want even if the USD becomes so much toilet paper. The same goes for the Ringit and even the Rupee or Rupiah. Relax and enjoy being in the best profession in the world. :cool:
can't really relax. you forget that the world economy is now interconnected.

with unprecedented uncertainty in the air right now, we can't be sure if the world will suffer from a contagion if and when a major world crisis erupts. of course, I do hope that any future crisis will be contained and will not severely affect other parts of the world.

Sadly, pro-people and pro-business presidents as well as pro-taxes and anti-taxes presidents have one thing in common. They all end their time in office with a much bigger national debt than they started it with.

Who would be the best president is a topic for another thread. This one needs to remain focused on just what this ballooning debt is going to do to the future of the USD.

Quote "the rating agency Moody’s has released a statement that threatens to lower the US’s credit rating one notch if they do not “produce a stabilization and then downward trend in the ratio of federal debt to GDP over the medium term.” According to the US Debt Clock , the national debt is now over $16 trillion, with the US’s GDP being slightly lower at around $15 trillion; making the debt to GDP larger than 100%."

I also found this short recent video you may find interesting Stockman: 'The Fed Is the Heart of the Problem' - CNBC (I think the bloke in the video should be running the USA:))

When will this spending spree end!
Will the USA turn into another Greece or Iceland,time will only tell

Last edited:
Back