What is your biggest economic concern in Q4?

Rambo35

Corporal
This is more of a fundamental question and while I do not trade fundamentals myself I think it is important to know what is going on and to a certain degree understand what happens in the economy.

Since the US debt ceiling was lifted until February next year and the government is open for business after a 16 day shut-down it appears that most traders have put their fundamental worries aside, at least equity traders who have pushed indices to all-time highs. Forex traders sold off the USD after the news.

Do you have any concerns at all or do you buy the story?

I think the debt ceiling debate will haunt the markets as in about eight weeks we will have the first set of budget negotiations and the problem has never been solved. I think it will create some nice volatility in the USD especially starting 2014.

I also think we may see a disappointing Q4 as far as GDP is concerned and with the housing market set to cool off I would not be surprised to
see another recession in the US in 2014.

Just my thoughts.

Yep As much as I hate to Ive been selling the USD against the EUR, GBP, and AUD and have been doing rather well as a result. I think were going to see even more weakness in 2014 .

Back