What's your view/opinion on today's market movements?

With protest and unrest in Spain....and continued heighten tension over the Ukraine..... I wonder how that will affect the Euro on Monday and the rest of the trading week.

Hello RahmanSL

At 8am tomorrow (GMT) the French Flash Manufacturing PMI is released, forecast favor a rise of 0.1% half-hour later the German Flash Manufacturing PMI is released, forecast favor a drop of 0.1%, but sadly for the news traders among us, the results are given to Thomson Reuters subscribers 2 minutes before the reports become public.

Tuesday has another US. double header released at the same time (2pm GMT) CB Consumer Confidence "Forecast" good & New Home Sales "Forecast" bad so expect the ugly to appear unless you like "scalp" trading. :D

Good luck
Liz

Hi Liz....thank you very much for your input ;)

Yes, indeed, Tues will see double header from the US again (and Wed too), but I do not expect much action in the forex market with those double (or even treble) releases cause, in all likelihood, one will come in "better than expected" and the other just "below expectation" and so will effectively cancel out each other.....most probably the same for the EZ data releases.

These days, I don't trust the data coming out from the US & EZ.....but keep my radar on economic & world situation as they are the real market driving forces in these uncertain times.

=======================================

Today I will continue to short trade the EUR/ZAR.....scalping, day, & longer term trade for high positive swaps.

During Asian session, I have scalp traded a few shorts on the EUR/AUD on the rise and will continue to do that throughout today's trading session as opportunity arises.
Reason for trading that is because the AUD still has relative strength while not much can be expected of the EU to perform well against the AUD.

Another unexciting day yesterday.
Traded as planned...i.e continued to short trade the EUR/ZAR...scalping, day, & longer term trade for high positive swaps....also took some scalp trades on EUR/AUD an EUR/USD.

Managed modest 2.77% profit gain over last week's total account balance on my "small trading account"

Today I will be trading more or less like yesterday.

EU ended up giving nice setup on H4 1st limit order hit @ 1.3871 and looking to enter again @ 1.3900 1st targeting 1.3750 with SL above high;)

Thank you very much for that notification my friend ;)

I think I will start scalp short trade the pair at the high 1.389 and above levels:p

Another uneventful trading day yesterday.....scalp and day traded EUR/ZAR, EUR/AUD, and EUR/USD.....closed out all EUR/ZAR in profits, and TP triggered on some day trades...........managed 7.53% gain over Mon's total balance on my "small trading account".

Today, Wed, is treble swap rate day....will take positions on whatever high paying swap currency pairs as opportunity arises.

Will scalp trade the EUR/USD on the rise....reason for this is because I don't think the EUR has the strength to go much higher than 1.39 and so any scalp trading down from the high end should be relatively safe....will also day trade some short positions with TP set at 1.3760
===================

Looking at other currency pairs, I see that AUD/CHF is ripe for going long on the dip and is fairly good to scalp/day/long term trades due to daily positive swaps.
I have switch my focus on this pair for today.......but will still take some short scalp trades on EUR/USD on the higher >1.39 levels

Last edited:
My friends at the NSA just intercepted something that should liven things up a little:

Dear Mr. Putin,

Please accept this application on behalf of the native people's of the United States. We have all just voted that our "reservations" succeed from the USA and join Russia. Please send troops to protect us from our oppressors.

Yesterday, the AUD really showed strength.....but in these competitive markets, I don't think the AUD can afford to be up there for too long before "somebody" will have to intervene to drive it to below the "preferable" 0.9 levels.....or do like China do by "cooking up some bad data (or good data)" to suit their economy.

My "small trading account managed a modest 4.98% gain over Tuesday total account balance.

I traded mostly as planned & posted above, but made the mistake of going short on the AUD/CHF and AUD/JPY mistaking that market is reversing after I have closed out the "long positions" on the high side.

I managed to close out all AUD/JPY short positions in some profits and so did not incurred any negative swap.
However, I was forced to leave some shorts on the AUD/CHF running (coz they were in losses) which have now incurred negative swaps. I would love to close each position out in some profits but, if situation persist even tomorrow and last day of trading week, I will have to absorbed the losses and close out all AUD/CHF shorts to avoid incurring anymore negative swaps.

I have also taken some EUR/SEK short positions which gave me some pretty good scalp profits and, for those left running, some good positive swaps too. I think I will trade this pair today and, if market situation permits, tomorrow too.

EUR/ZAR has moved way down and so, for time being, will not be traded.

As a safety measure, I think I will withdraw past week or so profits and continue to maintain my account as a "small trading account since I do better with small account.

"My friends at the NSA just intercepted something that should liven things up a little:
Dear Mr. Putin,
Please accept this application on behalf of the native people's of the United States. We have all just voted that our "reservations" succeed from the USA and join Russia. Please send troops to protect us from our oppressors.
"

ahhhh yesss!....but I think it will be a long wait (like forever) because the application is not in Russian :p

It's ironic, and downright ridiculous, that the vast majority of Crimean people are happy to rejoin Russia and to become Russian citizens....while it's the Western "democratic" Countries & the US who are unhappy about that. Isn't democracy about the wishes of the majority....and freedom of choice??

Seems to me it's those "democratic" hypocrites who wish to impose & to exert their form of "democracy" on the Crimean people and now trying to make them suffer (or try to:p) for not ascending to their form of "democracy".

The EZ appear to not want to make too big a deal over Crimea rejoining Russia, but they (being "democratic and all" and have to show unity within their "ranks") have to voice their "objections".
But the EZ are not rushing out to impose sanctions and other actions (all amounting to petty actions anywhere) against Russia as they (EZ) have too much to loss and cannot afford that anywhere.......but they are encouraging, prodding, and applauding the US to be the "hero" while they stand back and say "Yah, yah...go on....we are behind you"....yes, behind the US like way, way back in the distance and probably muttering and whispering among themselves how to make the damn fool (the US) not to impose sanctions which will do more harm than good anywhere :p

Many times in history, the US are simply just too eager to "liberate" in the name of "democracy" and then got themselves bogged down in a hopeless war far from their home....and turning that country into a mess in the process.
The US should really go for refresher course to study and to practice diplomacy more often. Most times, brute force just doesn't cut it!

It's reminiscence of Vietnam where the US attempted to "liberate" the minority from the majority.....
.....or like rushing into Iraq, "liberated" it and then scratch their head and say, "Now what? How do we get out of here? Anybody got any exit plans???:confused:"....that should happen only in cartoons, but unfortunately, in the real world the country that the US "liberated" turn into a real mess, countless people got killed & lost all that they have and it take years (if ever) to recover.

Last edited:
Back