Williama's Trading System

Delete pending orders when level triggered???

I am confused by the points raised which state that you should delete the pending orders of the set when a level has been triggered, and then place a new set.

Elsewhere, it is said that you should add to the pending orders when a level has been triggered, maintaining the balance in your favour.

Can someone explain this please? Do you delete all the pending orders and then replace them?

Hi Naufrage /Williama

Today my luck with the EA stop, because I had a losing day on the gbpusd.
I attached the chart with the trades and the statement for the whole cycle.What I can see is the following:
Total buy orders closed :
3 minus total -22
7 positive total + 95

Total sell orders

3 minus total -94

canceled sell stop

I noticed that it closed the minus buy orders to early

Not sure if that is what it must do or if the EA coding must be changed.

William if it is possible can you determine if the orders which the EA placed is in the correct ratio sell to buy orders.I will change my testing to the EA which you said is the closest to your strategy.

The first statement continue on the second one just below the high lite one.

Attachments

• picture 11.gif
    picture 11.gif
    38.3 KB · Views: 81
  • picture 12.gif
    picture 12.gif
    61.4 KB · Views: 82
  • picture 13.gif
    picture 13.gif
    61.6 KB · Views: 67
Hi CommanderWak,

Actually deleting pending orders varies from traders plan.
But its ok to delete pending orders when a level has been triggered and TP is reached.
Pending orders are added with higher lot sizes to double profits or make up in case of a drawdown

Bad Trade From EA

Hi Naufrage /Williama

Today my luck with the EA stop, because I had a losing day on the gbpusd.
I attached the chart with the trades and the statement for the whole cycle.What I can see is the following:
Total buy orders closed :
3 minus total -22
7 positive total + 95

Total sell orders

3 minus total -94

canceled sell stop

I noticed that it closed the minus buy orders to early

Not sure if that is what it must do or if the EA coding must be changed.

William if it is possible can you determine if the orders which the EA placed is in the correct ratio sell to buy orders.I will change my testing to the EA which you said is the closest to your strategy.

The first statement continue on the second one just below the high lite one.

Hi Egros,

I had the same experience with the Williama adjusted EA.

It worked wonderful in my backtest but usually drawdown after some runs.

In the forward test yesterday and today it blew off my demo account twice almost to a margin call.:unhappy:

I'm still tweaking the settings to see if it'll improve.

I guess its the same thing for Williama's Trading Activity. Its quite a huge drawdown.

I still have hope about redesigning the EA to be at least perfect.

I'd like to encourage everyone to be patient and put more efforts in actualizing the potentials of the EA and Strategy.

Wish everyone a profitable day:)

Williama's account doing very well.

Nice job trading the latest demonstration account, Williama. Thanks again for sharing your system.

Jack

Hi Williama,

I just joined this forum and logged in to view your trading activity.

I tested your EA from post #329 but have been struggling with the DD and margin.

I noticed from your trading activities, you're able to control the free margin and DD.

Would you be able to post all the set files from the different pair and timeframes so that i can follow and test it again

Thanks.

hi people, I'm very new here. In fact this is my first post. :)

I have just had a quick flick through this thread, not managed to digest everything yet, but I am certainly going to keep up to date with everything here.

For now I have downloaded the EA from post #329, and am testing it on the GBPUSD pair. I currently have the chart set to M15. Is that correct?

just a quick update. I've been running the EA for the last couple of hours, and there is something I dont understand fully.

When I loaded the EA it opened 6 trades with different sell/buy stops. When the price hit on of the stops it closed the open trades, then opened some more trades.

I've understand this bit fine. What I dont understand is where am I making my profit. Each of the open trades have a S/L and a T/P, but they get closed as soon as they hit the stop price. I dont seem to have any buy or sells staying open long enough to hit T/P.

I am confused. Please help.:confused:

Read Thread 1-6 or 7 Before You Start This System

Hi Caprica,

Never start a system or strategy without thoroughly reading through the system to see if it would fit your income funding, style of trading and others.

I'd advise you go through threads 1-6 and 7 and understand Williama's Idea first before you start. If you read through you'll find answers on your question concerning why the EA took out some positions and placed new ones.

Where you placed the EA is Ok.

Wish you the best

i understand the idea of opening multiple trades and setting the buy/sell stops on them. What I'm trying to get my head around is how do the trades turn a profit if they are closing as soon as they hit the buy/sell stop price?

e.g. Using today as my example. Loaded the ea onto the GBPUSD M15 chart. It straight away opened about 6 six trades setting the prices.

07:59 BUY STOP 1.9312 S/L 1.9247 T/P 1.9351

at

08:11 it hit the 1.9312 price, and closed the trade. My account history showing the closed trade, but with 0 profit because it didn't have a chance to hit the T/P figure before closing.

All subsequent trades for today have followed the same pattern. All hitting the quoted price and closing before hitting the T/P figure.

How to hit the T/P figure on the open trades is what I'm confused about.

Attachments

• closed trades.jpg
    closed trades.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 61
  • screen1.jpg
    screen1.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 67
Back