Williama's Trading System

AutoFx.. Good work on changing the EA.. Let me give you something else to think about as you are coding.. I have changed the EA that I am running to "NOT" add the center line at all. Here is my reason.

Versions 01d and 01e do not trade the zero/center line. You are right that there is a very good reason to not do it.

Last edited:
2nd Point.. Do not add an even amount of lots across the 3 levels. This will make you margin out that much faster if price bounces around between a 2nd buy level and 2nd sell level. Change the EA so that your Large Lot position sizes are on the "outside levels" and your small lot positions are on the inside positions.

Version 01e weights the bigger lot sizes on the outer edges of the grid, not toward the middle as 01d does.

Last edited:
Thank you to all of you who have made suggestions. They make a lot of sense and now it looks like we've got it pretty well nailed down.

autofx - thanks for updating the EA's but I am trying to load them and all I see on the chart is lots of details about the settings of the EA and no actual orders are being placed! I have a smiley face in the top right hand corner so am I supposed to change a setting somewhere so that it places orders?

It's probably a lot size issue due to the broker you're using.

I maintain my EAs to run on IBFX. I'm sure others have the skills to make the small mods to get you going on the broker you're testing with.

autofx, I have an idea, or maybe if you can code it and give it a different version. I want to see if we only trade 1 time 30 minutes before european session and once that hits TP you stop and then trade 1 more time 30 minutes before NY sesssion and when that hits then you wait again for the european session. So in a day you only plan to take 2 TP from a pair. It will be less profit overall but also less time in market as well. What you think?

kiler

trying with a puny live account

It's probably a lot size issue due to the broker you're using.

I maintain my EAs to run on IBFX. I'm sure others have the skills to make the small mods to get you going on the broker you're testing with.
Also on IBFX but I get lot size too small to trade, what is the smallest account you can run this on, I was planning to only use one level?

Thanks

Autofx, 1 more issue. The SL on the buy side has +2 or +spread added. example...

EURUSD

BUY hit Stop Loss
Order: BUY @ 1.4198, SL: 1.4121, TP: 1.4243

1.4198 - 1.4121 = 0.0077 or 77 pips. This should be 75 pips. the 2 extra pips loss is the spread.

GBPUSD example:
BUY @ 1.7684, SL: 1.7580, TP: 1.7744
1.7684-1.7580 = 0.0104 or 104 pips, this should be 100 pips. the 4 extra pips lost is the spread

can you please look into this? thanks

killer

Back