Williama's Trading System

Naufrage's EA

Hi Naufrage, just wanted t osay WELL DONE for your EA :)

I had it running on a $3000 account since 24th June at 18:45 until 27th June 09:47.

Current balance $3479.00 NOT BAD :)

Here is a brief:
Gross Profit: 1 448.74, Gross Loss: 969.38, Total Net Profit: 479.36
Absolute Drawdown: 185.37, Maximal Drawdown: 392.02 (12.23%)
Relative Drawdown: 12.23% (392.02)

Total Trades: 66 Short Positions (won %): 37 (91.89%)
Long Positions (won %): 29 (68.97%)

Attachments

• NaufrageEA_24-6-08_27_6_08_DetailedStatement.gif
    NaufrageEA_24-6-08_27_6_08_DetailedStatement.gif
    5.3 KB · Views: 105
Hi everyone,

Shiva can you please tell everyone your parameters in the account. Lot size, leverage, margin required, etc. so other people can test the EA.

I am glad that not only my trading shows good results but also Naufrage´s EA applying my system. I hope this contributes as to prove my system works!

Hi everyone,

Shiva can you please tell everyone your parameters in the account. Lot size, leverage, margin required, etc. so other people can test the EA.

I am glad that not only my trading shows good results but also Naufrage´s EA applying my system. I hope this contributes as to prove my system works!

Hi Willama, first of all Thanks for sharing your system!

I am using Nufrage's EA with the defaults :

pips=15
lots=0.10000000
NbLevels=3
ProfitTarget=0

Leverage is 1:100
Lot size 0.1
I have not made any changes, just placed it on H1 GBP JPY Chart on Alpari.

Regards
PS: Since i last posted it has made some more demo money, thanks to the drop in the geppy pair

Last edited:
Ok everyone,

I hope I have contributed with something nice and useful to you. I am going to take a break and sleep for 3 days so I can rest.

I want to tell everybody that I enjoy very much different cultures, places and people, for this reason I would like to make a request to all of you. I want to cheer someone I love, my wonderful daughter Katherine Christina with a gift from you. Whenever possible and when you have time, can you send her a Postcard from your city?

Her address is:
Cr. 91 B No. 78 A 58
Medellín – Colombia
South America

Thank you to all those that accept my request.
By for now,

Guillermo Arango (williama)

I think that the live trade has demonstrated that this system is not infalible and could lead to a margin call and major losses. If the lower target did not hit and GY started to range trade again then the available margin would have reduced to zero and you would have been forced to close some positions for a loss.

Markets can range for a long time.

I do think that this system could work but only if you are prepared to trade with smaller lots and therefore make less profit. Maybe it needs tweeking but I think if you trade the same way that Williama traded the live trade you are gambling with your account.

I do thank Williama for divulging this system but I do think it needs more work.

There is no perfect system:)

I think that the live trade has demonstrated that this system is not infalible and could lead to a margin call and major losses. If the lower target did not hit and GY started to range trade again then the available margin would have reduced to zero and you would have been forced to close some positions for a loss.

Markets can range for a long time.

I do think that this system could work but only if you are prepared to trade with smaller lots and therefore make less profit. Maybe it needs tweeking but I think if you trade the same way that Williama traded the live trade you are gambling with your account.

I do thank Williama for divulging this system but I do think it needs more work.

Where from here...anyone?

Thanks, Williama, for your extremely enlightening thread.

Love your style. Love the potential. Also recognise the danger of the margin call gettting too big to handle.

Maybe some clever person can find a way to tame this tempting beast with some amendments for us mortals who have accounts of $5000 or even less (I know that's a ridculously small amount to try and do forex with but I'm sure there are quite a lot of us on here in precisely that postion!) I think I understand the concept well enough and the live trial was extremely helpful but... it is too hot for me as it stands. Any ideas, anyone?

Another way to do this, as Williama hinted earlier in the thread, is that we all contribute to make up a big bank of say $100,000 which he would deal on our behalf on a 50/50 split - he already acts as a fund manager, I believe. Personally I would be wary of doing such a thing with anybody - no reflection on Williama specifically - not unless they put in a substantial sum themself and ran a transparent public account which I guess would be impossible with a live account.

Have a good sleep, Williama. I'm sending a postcard of London to your daughter today.

Good wishes

Chris

Last edited:
williams system

Hi friends,
just wanted to post my humble opinion here; sorry for my bad english.
First of all, thanks, William for sharing your ideas.
I have been trading about 20 years now, many years of that time daytrading and trying to beat the brokers...lol ...and I have seen many systems come and go.
From what I have learned about the markets, this system might work, BUT you need a VERY big account to do it. 100 k is not enough to trade it with the parameters of the last trade.
You must accept, that the trade was at the edge of a margin call, if it would have turned around after triggering the 20lot short and then running north...it really was a last-minute-lucky-punch today...
Sure, it can win 10 times in a row in hours or even minutes, but if this trade was a bad scenario, what will happen in the worst-case-szenario?
I have seen this pair ranging for a much longer time, what we have seen over the last days, was nothing at all.. it could have ranged another 3,4 days easily...
Something else: no broker steals money on a demo account, why should they do this? Demos show only the best scenarios, not the reality.
What would happen on a real account? After winning 3-5 trades, ANY MT4broker would set you on manual execution and sabotage and manipulate every single of your pending orders by delayed execution, huge slippage etc.
You must control then not only the pending orders, but also the different status because of bad fills, gaps etc. etc.
Again, I dont want to be pessimistic or tell you, that this system does not work, but as a trader we must get rid of any wishful thinking.
IMHO, the system as it it, might win 5 or 15 times in a row, but the day will come, when a ranging market will result in a bad margin call or even burn your account to zero....
But even so, I think it makes sense to keep on working on that idea, but please do not try this now on a low funded live account...
Thx again William and good trades for all of you!

Naufrage EA Statment

Hi guys, here is the final statment of this EA which was supposed to be run as per willama's system.

Its on ALpari Demo at 1:100 leverage with opening balance of 3000.00
Default settings

Attachments

• williama ea1 results.zip
    13.2 KB · Views: 183
this system is workable

a simpler, more conservative application of williama's system can be applied safely and profitably.

first, using just one level (1 buy level and 1 sell level) will simplify the placing of pending orders and create a narrow enough range - 50 pips - so that the trade will hit TP every day.

second, targeting a more conservative % profit per trade would eliminate the risk of a margin call. Targeting a 1% acct increase per trade should be fine. also, it will create more money than you will ever need. Imagine any account compounding at 5% (minimum) weekly. Do the math on a $10,000 or $5,000 or even $2,000 acct. you will smile.

a probable set-up on the eur/usd might be as follows:

- TP (Buy) ... 20 pips from Buy Level
- Buy Level
- (10 pip spread between Buy and Sell Levels)
- Sell Level
- TP (Sell) ... 20 pips from Sell Level

you will have to figure out how many lots it would take to increase your acct by 1% in 20 pips. another way to look at this is to think of risk. how many lots could i bet so that i only risk 1% on the initial trade set up?

so, what's the point of this post? here it is. perhaps trying to hit a homerun w/ every trade isn't the best approach. how about just getting a base run w/ each trade? eventually, all the runs will get to home and score.

if you read this and see the value, good for you. if you get on a demo and test it out, better for you.

best regards to all.

Back