Williama's Trading System

Egros,

The lot size management is a little different. If the default method is not suitable for you, you can change it to use a fixed lot size of your choosing. You would do that by going to the bottom of the MQ4 file in the CalcLotSize function. Find the following two lines

lots = StrToDouble(DoubleToStr(lots, LotDigits));

LotsTooSmall = false;

and insert a new line between the two lines that looks like this

lots = 1.0;

or whatever value you wish.

Your end result would look something like this:

lots = StrToDouble(DoubleToStr(lots, LotDigits));
lots = 1.0;
LotsTooSmall = false;

Don't to forget to save and hit F5 to compile the EA into a new EX4.

You can also NOT do the above and fool around with the MaxMarginToUse setting, which has a default value of 0.10. And of course you could use the EA as-is.

Another important setting is MinMarginLevel. The default is 500, which represents the margin level percent below which more orders will not be opened.

Some people may know this, but margin level as seen on the trade tab of the MetaTrader platform is calculated as follows:

100.0 * (AccountEquity() / AccountMargin())

It is the margin you are using in proportion to your equity. This is 101 stuff for many but I thought I'd mention it.

Note that I claim no intellectual property rights on this EA. I simply modified the one presented already on this thread.

This one looks very compelling, so I'll go into the "share with the fx community" mode and collaborate with others who want to have the best version of this trading approach in an EA.

Attachments

• Trapper_01a.mq4
    12.1 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Autofx I use the EA on a small account for 3 weeks and I found that if you don't let it continuous trade it will work and load it on just one or two currency pairs it seems to do ok. If you will post an EA with all the unnecessary code removed for us to test I will appreciate it.

Are you saying to set ContinueTrading to false?

I like using it on limited pairs for starters for those who want to study the behavior. Six pairs cooking along, generating all those orders, makes it harder to figure out what's happening.

Last edited:
Something to keep in mind about the FxPro demo account (109726) that's doing so great is that it uses 500:1 leverage.

Six pairs cooking along, generating all those orders, makes it harder to figure out what's happening.
On the other hand, if we are not adding orders after margin sinks below a certain level, we leave ourselves to the mercy of whatever direction the market will take as to whether our trades will close for a net gain or loss.

If we are running six pairs, we distribute the possible gains and losses in the low margin scenario.

I have a demo that's off to a good start. It began with the minimum lot size as the base lot size.

I just switched over to a version where the lot sizes will be bigger so we'll see how it holds up.

Statement: 2108404 - TrapStd

Autofx thanks a lot for that EA! You are obviously a star programmer!

I am still trying to find a way to make this trading system practical for small guys like me trading on a couple of thousand dollar account and who cannot afford to close out. Here is my thinking:

1. At the beginning Williama said that this is a system that you have to trade 24/5 - and we can see why. But this is unfortunately not humanly possible to go without sleep for days on end. Solution? Write an EA.

2. We know EA's can work but most of the time it needs some human interaction in fine tuning to ensure maximum profits. It is clear that Williama does not stick to the rules of a mechanical system (read "EA") but adjusts his trading method according to market movement and his own changing objectives which is mostly to make maximum profit. Williama has confirmed this on more than one occasion. That tells me that to make the profits he is making there has to be knowledgeable human intervention. E.g. a change in market direction also changes the rules. The question is now can any EA cater for all these subtle changes optimally in the same way as human intelligence does?

3. So after all that - what is MY solution? Keeping in mind that the solution should cater for small limited accounts and avoid the risk of close out. Well I am still grappling with the answer, but here are some of the thoughts I have:

Reduce the trading system down to a smaller scale with much less potential for a large number of open positions and pending orders. Reduce the distance to profit taking/stop loss so that one can trade the system and in normal circumstances reach those limits in the space of one 8 hour trading session. This means that the trading is done mostly without an EA but with human interaction as the trade develops. This will obviously mean that MUCH smaller profits will be made but will also reduce risk. One can then repeat the process over and over adding further small profits under limited risks. This should be possible with small accounts of a couple of thousand dollars trading with mini lots.

I am planning to start trading in this way today to see if this thinking has any merit at all, but if you guys can see the holes in the argument please let me know and save me a lot of unnecessary effort and lost time.

Last edited:
It's a life

Hi everyone,

This is williama. I have no access to the thread with my own name. The FPA forum team has decided to take me out of the forum without any explanation and this is the last straw for me.

They are only interested in having my thread making money for them by the publicity they place in it and the overwhelming hits my thread has generated in the forum and not for the benefit the members can get from this. They will be able to continue having hits and also get more money from the publicity placed on my thread even if I do not reply anymore.

I got tired of this and I am not going to fight it anymore. I could lunch a campaign against the FPA but I do not think is worth it.

Bye to everyone.

williama

Yes, It's a life!

Because you lie. Fist you said you give it out fee than you post your EA (not works) but you trade with another perfect EA on the demo account "to show you tail". Finally you offer your managed account service.

Admin kicked you out of the forum without any explanation needed, It's a life !

I understand what you are trying to accomplish. The thing is, the spacing between the levels/deviations is based on the currency. Making it small to suit your "needs" may cause you to just have a lot more orders there.

To work it on a smaller account you would trade in similar ratios as William does. He trades 1:3 lots for $100,000. I would trade 1mini:3mini with $10,000 or 1micro:3micro with $1000.

If the margin is not 400:1 but only 100:1 you would need 4 times as much money. You would trade $400,000 if it were only $100,000. Of course your profits will not be 100% to 500% per month doing it this way, more like 25% to 125%.

I don't see William's way as the only way. It just happens to be a really efficient way to maximize effort. Especially if you expect the account to "blow up" occasionally :) Remember to take profits regular and it should work well.

Autofx thanks a lot for that EA! You are obviously a star programmer!

I am still trying to find a way to make this trading system practical for small guys like me trading on a couple of thousand dollar account and who cannot afford to close out. Here is my thinking:

1. At the beginning Williama said that this is a system that you have to trade 24/5 - and we can see why. But this is unfortunately not humanly possible to go without sleep for days on end. Solution? Write an EA.

2. We know EA's can work but most of the time it needs some human interaction in fine tuning to ensure maximum profits. It is clear that Williama does not stick to the rules of a mechanical system (read "EA") but adjusts his trading method according to market movement and his own changing objectives which is mostly to make maximum profit. Williama has confirmed this on more than one occasion. That tells me that to make the profits he is making there has to be knowledgeable human intervention. E.g. a change in market direction also changes the rules. The question is now can any EA cater for all these subtle changes optimally in the same way as human intelligence does?

3. So after all that - what is MY solution? Keeping in mind that the solution should cater for small limited accounts and avoid the risk of close out. Well I am still grappling with the answer, but here are some of the thoughts I have:

Reduce the trading system down to a smaller scale with much less potential for a large number of open positions and pending orders. Reduce the distance to profit taking/stop loss so that one can trade the system and in normal circumstances reach those limits in the space of one 8 hour trading session. This means that the trading is done mostly without an EA but with human interaction as the trade develops. This will obviously mean that MUCH smaller profits will be made but will also reduce risk. One can then repeat the process over and over adding further small profits under limited risks. This should be possible with small accounts of a couple of thousand dollars trading with mini lots.

I am planning to start trading in this way today to see if this thinking has any merit at all, but if you guys can see the holes in the argument please let me know and save me a lot of unnecessary effort and lost time.

Many ppl say that Williama is here with the purpose to lure investor to invest in his pool account. I, as a trader, would not care that much as long as there are valuable knowledge shared for me to improve my trading skills. After few days I've already finished reading all the posts and have started testing the williama_improve_all_margin EA, all I can say is the EA really does a good job. But what the EA does are quite different with the ideas initially shared by Williama. Although I still cannot fully understand how the EA set the pending orders, what I discovered is
1) when the price trigger buy#1, the EA sets anothr 1 lot pending order at Sell#2 and Sell#3.
2) after that when the price trigger sell#1, the EA sets nothing.
3) then when the price trigger sell#2, the EA sets 1 more lot of pending order each at level 0, buy#1, buy#2, and buy#3.
4).......??

There are too many scenarios to test the EA. Too bad I'm no expert in EA coding/programming, therefore I hope Williama, or the EA creator(Naufrage? If i'm not mistaken?) to explain how the EA actually works since the demo account shown by Williama is doing really great and on its way to hit 1 million in 2 months. And I believe that Williama doesn't only depend on the EA alone to trade the demo account. I wished that i can track the demo account to learn how Williama trades but he is trading too many currencies and FXpro's 5 decimals price quotes makes the works even more complicated! Anyway....if Williama could create a PDF or a Ms Word doc. to fully explain the modified version of this method, I believe all the interested traders here would very much appreciate your work and at the same time also save up your precious time by answering question one by one as what Elang said. Thanks...juz my 2 cents...

Last edited:
I don't believe the EA on FXPro is the same as the one available here. I think the best way to learn what is happening is watch the demo. I discovered a lot by watching and taking notes. I believe I could trade this method manually but I don't have the time, so I am researching possible formulas for an EA to use.

I actually see the EA on FXPro "foul up" on occassion. On two seperate occassions I watched as there were big losses taken. I think this was due to straggling orders that did not close. It still works, although it is in a 2 steps forward 1 step back process.

****For an EA I would suggest that a line of code be put in that does a "close all" function several times then waits a minute or two before restarting. This will help ensure all the orders are fully liqudated. When a TP or SL is hit this operation would activate.

EDIT: Actually it looks like the EA is putting orders in wrong or possibly slippage is taking place. Currently EUR/GBP has a little mess going on.

Many ppl say that Williama is here with the purpose to lure investor to invest in his pool account. I, as a trader, would not care that much as long as there are valuable knowledge shared for me to improve my trading skills. After few days I've already finished reading all the posts and have started testing the williama_improve_all_margin EA, all I can say is the EA really does a good job. But what the EA does are quite different with the ideas initially shared by Williama. Although I still cannot fully understand how the EA set the pending orders, what I discovered is
1) when the price trigger buy#1, the EA sets anothr 1 lot pending order at Sell#2 and Sell#3.
2) after that when the price trigger sell#1, the EA sets nothing.
3) then when the price trigger sell#2, the EA sets 1 more lot of pending order each at level 0, buy#1, buy#2, and buy#3.
4).......??

There are too many scenarios to test the EA. Too bad I'm no expert in EA coding/programming, therefore I hope Williama, or the EA creator(Naufrage? If i'm not mistaken?) to explain how the EA actually works since the demo account shown by Williama is doing really great and on its way to hit 1 million in 2 months. And I believe that Williama doesn't only depend on the EA alone to trade the demo account. I wished that i can track the demo account to learn how Williama trades but he is trading too many currencies and FXpro's 5 decimals price quotes makes the works even more complicated! Anyway....if Williama could create a PDF or a Ms Word doc. to fully explain the modified version of this method, I believe all the interested traders here would very much appreciate your work and at the same time also save up your precious time by answering question one by one as what Elang said. Thanks...juz my 2 cents...

Last edited:
Back