Williama's Trading System

EAs, one for each currency pair

These are the same as what I first posted, but there is one for each of the six currency pairs we have seen traded. Each one has slightly different settings in accordance with some suggested settings I saw for each pair.

I tweaked MaxMarginToUse down to 0.03, which I think works all right for 100:1 and 200:1 accounts. With a mini account, don't trade with less than a couple thousand, and have a good $50k for a standard account.

MinMarginLevel is at 500, meaning no more orders will be placed if the margin level drops below 500%. This does not mean the current batch of trades can't exit for a profit, because they can. But there might also be a loss. It just depends on what orders are open and how the market moves. But at least you have some safety mechanism for helping to avoid a margin call. It's no guarantee, but it's something.

Ideally, we want to avoid dropping down to the margin threshold. We want to always be able to open as many trades as needed to exit for profit. So it is wise to reduce one's profit expectations in exchange for greater safety.

So just attach each EA to the a chart with of the corresponding currency pair.

I understand the member who says human intervention is needed to maximize profits, and that is perhaps true. However, it would be nice to be able to know you can just let the EA run and it will do fine. This is actually a very simple strategy and I like it. It will be very good if we can be reasonably sure we will get consistent profit and sacrifice small occasional losses for only a tiny chance of margin calls. That is the name of the game in my mind. Also, in mitigating our risk, we may not be able to achieve the enormous gains advertised by williama. But if we can get 10% to 50% per month, safely, wouldn't that be fantastic? I think so.

I will be testing on a 200:1 mini with $2k and and a 100:1 standard with $50k.

Attachments

• Trapper_01a_AUDUSD.mq4
    12.1 KB · Views: 75
  • Trapper_01a_EURUSD.mq4
    12.1 KB · Views: 85
  • Trapper_01a_EURGBP.mq4
    12.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Trapper_01a_GBPJPY.mq4
    12.1 KB · Views: 65
  • Trapper_01a_GBPUSD.mq4
    12.1 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Looks like we are allowed just 5 uploads per post, so here is the sixth EA.

Attachments

• Trapper_01a_USDJPY.mq4
    12.1 KB · Views: 64
I would think a mini with 200:1 leverage should be more like $20,000 and a standard at 200:1 should be $200,000. A micro at 200:1 should be about $2,000.

These are the same as what I first posted, but there is one for each of the six currency pairs we have seen traded. Each one has slightly different settings in accordance with some suggested settings I saw for each pair.

I tweaked MaxMarginToUse down to 0.03, which I think works all right for 100:1 and 200:1 accounts. With a mini account, don't trade with less than a couple thousand, and have a good $50k for a standard account.

MinMarginLevel is at 500, meaning no more orders will be placed if the margin level drops below 500%. This does not mean the current batch of trades can't exit for a profit, because they can. But there might also be a loss. It just depends on what orders are open and how the market moves. But at least you have some safety mechanism for helping to avoid a margin call. It's no guarantee, but it's something.

Ideally, we want to avoid dropping down to the margin threshold. We want to always be able to open as many trades as needed to exit for profit. So it is wise to reduce one's profit expectations in exchange for greater safety.

So just attach each EA to the a chart with of the corresponding currency pair.

I understand the member who says human intervention is needed to maximize profits, and that is perhaps true. However, it would be nice to be able to know you can just let the EA run and it will do fine. This is actually a very simple strategy and I like it. It will be very good if we can be reasonably sure we will get consistent profit and sacrifice small occasional losses for only a tiny chance of margin calls. That is the name of the game in my mind. Also, in mitigating our risk, we may not be able to achieve the enormous gains advertised by williama. But if we can get 10% to 50% per month, safely, wouldn't that be fantastic? I think so.

I will be testing on a 200:1 mini with $2k and and a 100:1 standard with $50k.

I would think a mini with 200:1 leverage should be more like $20,000 and a standard at 200:1 should be $200,000. A micro at 200:1 should be about $2,000.

If you have nanolot granularity 1 cent per pip (0.01 min lot size), maybe you're calling that a "micro". With this granularity, $2k would probably be enough.

So yes, if you have only 10 cent per pip granularity, you'd want at least $20k on the mini.

The EAs I posted should generate appropriate lot sizes with either mini or standard accounts if 0.01 is the minimum lot size. If not, the adjustment would be simple. I don't expect everyone to know how but it's fun to try new things, eh?

If anyone isn't getting how this strategy works and wants an explanation, shout out and I think I can explain it clearly and concisely.

Last edited:
Thanks for that input Aliassmith!

I do intend to use the same spacing as Williama did since I understand he got to these numbers after a couple of years of testing and optimization. After a quick look at the spacing he uses I got the follwing numbers:

EURGBP 25 pips
GBPJPY 30 pips
EURUSD 15 pips
GBPUSD 25 pips
AUDUSD 22 pips

The thing I would like to simplify is the fact that Williama can have up to 80 open trades and another 90 pending orders at any time on a total of 6 pairs. That is just huge! And needs a lot of equity!

Another thing that I do not really fully understand (and perhaps you or Autofx can help me here) is the huge losses that he suffers with the StopLosses sitting close to the other side's ProfitTarget. Should there not be a way one can interfere when the market is clearly trending in a certain direction to move some of these stops closer - or will that mess up the whole system? Why must they be so far away?? This makes only some sense if the market is consolidating with no clear direction and prices are oscillating in the same space for a period of time.

Autofx have already made some moves in his EA to try to reduce risk by and make sure of some profit by building in code (extern int ProfitTarget = 40;) to do just that. It is this kind of tweaking that gives me hope that we can end up with a practical system in the end.

Thank you for your good work Autofx!!

If you have nanolot granularity 1 cent per pip (0.01 min lot size), maybe you're calling that a "micro". With this granularity, $2k would probably be enough.

So yes, if you have only 10 cent per pip granularity, you'd want at least $20k on the mini.

The EAs I posted should generate appropriate lot sizes with either mini or standard accounts if 0.01 is the minimum lot size. If not, the adjustment would be simple. I don't expect everyone to know how but it's fun to try new things, eh?

If anyone isn't getting how this strategy works and wants an explanation, shout out and I think I can explain it clearly and concisely.

What Ernie said was definitely true, if the trend could be identified, we can save some pips by reducing the stoplosses to maximize profits. Autofx, if u're willing to explain this strategy in full, i think most of the people here are ready to hear from u, since many of us here do not really understand what the codes are saying. Thanks in advance...

Egros,

The lot size management is a little different. If the default method is not suitable for you, you can change it to use a fixed lot size of your choosing. You would do that by going to the bottom of the MQ4 file in the CalcLotSize function. Find the following two lines

lots = StrToDouble(DoubleToStr(lots, LotDigits));

LotsTooSmall = false;

and insert a new line between the two lines that looks like this

lots = 1.0;

or whatever value you wish.

Your end result would look something like this:

lots = StrToDouble(DoubleToStr(lots, LotDigits));
lots = 1.0;
LotsTooSmall = false;

Don't to forget to save and hit F5 to compile the EA into a new EX4.

You can also NOT do the above and fool around with the MaxMarginToUse setting, which has a default value of 0.10. And of course you could use the EA as-is.

Another important setting is MinMarginLevel. The default is 500, which represents the margin level percent below which more orders will not be opened.

Some people may know this, but margin level as seen on the trade tab of the MetaTrader platform is calculated as follows:

100.0 * (AccountEquity() / AccountMargin())

It is the margin you are using in proportion to your equity. This is 101 stuff for many but I thought I'd mention it.

Note that I claim no intellectual property rights on this EA. I simply modified the one presented already on this thread.

This one looks very compelling, so I'll go into the "share with the fx community" mode and collaborate with others who want to have the best version of this trading approach in an EA.

Hi autofx

Thank you for the EA ,I have made the changes as you suggest to determine my own lots and busy testing it on a demo. Will let you know if there is anything not working. If I can ask one more change, it will be a big help to code an option into the EA to trigger it when the market reach a certain value above the current price or below the current price.

I asked it only to activate the EA at certain predetermined values in the market. I have changed the EA which Williama post in the forum to do that and use it very successful. I am not a programmer and will appreciate it if you are willing to do the one you post (trapper_01a) I found that if you trade with a very small account and you only enter the market at high probability points the chances that you will blow your account are small.
I trade the EA which williama suggest we must use a couple of weeks now on various demo accounts and I still haven’t empty any of them. If I can use it successful on a small account than it will be a lot easier on a big account.

I attached a EURUSD (todays trade) and GBPUSD(earlier this week) chart of a $300 live account which I already use the EA to trade so that you can see where the EA enters. I entered predetermined values a couple of hours before the EA open the pending orders below the current price in bve the trades. It is important not to set continuous to true, you will not go far on a small account .

I will suggest a way to make the EA more save ( I think ) when your account is low other then just to stop opening new pending orders. I still have to find a way to explain what I got in mind so that it is clear to understand because I am not that fluent in English.

Attachments

• eurusd.gif
    eurusd.gif
    34.2 KB · Views: 77
  • gbpusd.gif
    gbpusd.gif
    34.3 KB · Views: 65
Hello All,

I have read all 37 pages of this post and I still am lost. lol I am sure alot are in same boat with me. For simplicity reason I want to see if I can explain and see if you guys can correct me or tell me if I am right or wrong. Lets focus on 1 Level only and not 3 levels and also lets space the levels at 25 pips and lets assume there is bid/ask just the price itsself, kinda simplify it down to 1st grade lol

Step 1: create the stop orders:
ok, so from what I understand, at anytime of the trading day, no particular setup or indicators etc. just make the current price the Level0. Lets say Level0 is 1.4350. So here is how our trades will look like...

level1 BUY STOP@1.4375, Lots:1.0, SL:1.4300, TP:1.4400
level0 1.4350
Level1 SELL STOP@1.4325, Lots:1.0, SL:1.4400, TP:1.4300

Step 2: Lets say Price moves to Level1 BUY side
now that the buy stop is triggered, do I add 3x lots as SELL STOP to Level0 and 3x lots as SELL STOP to Level1 on the sell side? or 3x lots as SELL STOP to Level0 and 2x Lots to SELL STOP at Level1 Sell side?

a:
level0 SELL STOP@1.4350, Lots:3.0, SL:1.4400, TP:1.4300
Level1 SELL STOP@1.4325, Lots:2.0, SL:1.4400, TP:1.4300
+ the original SELL STOP Order
Level1 SELL STOP@1.4325, Lots:1.0, SL:1.4400, TP:1.4300

or delete the original SELL STOP order and Create a new 3x lots SELL STOP at Level1 Sell side?
like...
b:
level0 SELL STOP@1.4350, Lots:3.0, SL:1.4400, TP:1.4300
Level1 SELL STOP@1.4325, Lots:3.0, SL:1.4400, TP:1.4300

??

Before I post more questions of mine, I want to get some clarification on this second step, the first step is easy, step 2 and beyond the information on this gets greyed out.

Hi autofx

See the attached chart the EA was supposed to open pending orders on the buy side and at the zero point.This is the EA I made the changes as you suggested.

Attachments

• eurusd.gif
    eurusd.gif
    44.4 KB · Views: 73
AutoFx, thank you for posting those EA's I am going to demo test them. 3 things

1: The EA does not seem to trade on ODL platform, I tired all different variations of setup but I get no trades or even comment on the charts from the EA

2: The EA for AUDUSD is only opening 4 total trades as compared to 6 trades on all other pairs.

3: I just noticed that the TP on the sell side for now is not the level spacing. Like EURUSD is 15 pips spacing and the last level and the TP are 13 pips apart, open price 1.4274 TP @ 1.4261, same for GBPUSD last level open price @ 1.7619 and TP at 1.7603. The EURUSD last TP is 13 pips, and GBPUSD last TP is 16 pips. Seems like the Bid or Ask are reversed for the TP.

thanks,
Killer

Last edited:
Back