Williama's Trading System

Version 01b corrects a bug from the original code.

Now the grids place orders only at the three levels above and below InitialPrice.

Oh yes, we also show the numbers of open trades and orders on the chart comments.

Attachments

• Trapper_01b.mq4
    13.5 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
AutoFx,

according to Williama
"If you want to reduce risk and make more money then you create level 0 which is the one in the center"

thanks,
killer

AutoFx, even your latest EA does not account for the spread in the sell side take profit. looks like the buy side take profit is good, the sell side take profit is not the proper TP. For example for GBPJPY the level is 30 pips and the TP for Sell orders is 21 pips, thats missing the 9 pips spread but the Buy side for that pair is 30 pips. Can you look into that please? thanks,

Killer

Version 01b corrects a bug from the original code.

Now the grids place orders only at the three levels above and below InitialPrice.

Oh yes, we also show the numbers of open trades and orders on the chart comments.

hi autofx,

when i test the EA, i notice the S/L for the BuyStop and T/P for the SellStop is on the following order.

For example
BuyStop = 1.4306
T/P = 1.4326
S/L = 1.4206 <<<<

SellStop = 1.4226
T/P = 1.4208 <<<<
S/L = 1.4328

Just wondering if the stoploss should be placed after the T/P

BuyStop = 1.4306
T/P = 1.4326
S/L = 1.4204 <<<<

SellStop = 1.4226
T/P = 1.4206 <<<< 20 pips down from 1.4226
S/L = 1.4328

AutoFx, even your latest EA does not account for the spread in the sell side take profit. looks like the buy side take profit is good, the sell side take profit is not the proper TP. For example for GBPJPY the level is 30 pips and the TP for Sell orders is 21 pips, thats missing the 9 pips spread but the Buy side for that pair is 30 pips. Can you look into that please? thanks,

Killer

I made some modification on autofx trapper_01b code to count spread in the sell side for taking profit.

I am not a programmer myself so i need someone to verify it.
can someone confirm if this is correct?

Did someone try to set the NbLevels to 2 or 1 for testing? you will see the behaviour change completely. When it is set on NbLevel 2, it opens duplicate pending order on both sides.

would appreciate if someone could figure out and modify the code.

Attachments

• Trapper_01b_mod.mq4
    13.5 KB · Views: 55
It would be nice if someone can write up a quick flow chart of how the orders and trades are placed with lots etc. So it can be coded properly from the ground up. I dont think anyone really understands the strategy cold in here. So if anyone is up for it plz write up a flowchart, it would be greatly appreciated

:)

It would be nice if someone can write up a quick flow chart of how the orders and trades are placed with lots etc. So it can be coded properly from the ground up. I dont think anyone really understands the strategy cold in here. So if anyone is up for it plz write up a flowchart, it would be greatly appreciated

:)
Hi killerkhan,

You are reading my mind. I have recently started to analyze the trades on William's account in a spreadsheet to see if I can get the full picture of what is happening. Especially in the more complex scenarios where the trend is horizontal, triggering both buys and sells for a long period before eventually hitting a T/P and cancelling all pending orders. Based on a clear picture I would be able to draw a flow and write a specification for a programmer, since that is part of what I do for a living anyway. I believe that like most of you, I have about 95% of the picture now and further analysis of the 1,000's of trades in William's account and his helpful comments in this thread will lead to the full picture. My only problem right now is the available time to 'get down and do it'. I will however, continue my analysis and follow this forum to see how things are progressing and post my results when I have something worthwile. Hopefully very soon.

Another thing that's been on my mind is: Will the broker be willing and able to pay you the millions after a couple of months of hard EA work. In other words: has ANYONE out there traded the method on a live account and cashed in?

Polyglot

Just had a look at Williama's demo account:

Profit for the last week $174,654.52 !! Balance $974,843.43 - up from $100,000 !! Margin Level 881.40%

I think we have to congratulate Williama with these magnificent results! I hope he still has access to this thread and reads it now and then.

This must surely inspire us to continue working on this trading methodology. So let us soldier on!

A thought: In the EA we are taking profit at not very high profit levels, because we want to play it safe. Should we not follow the well known axiom to let our profits run (right up to the profit target) and rather cut our losses by moving the StopLosses closer as the market trends??

Back