Coinexx Review

Updated: Oct 23, 2020 · Coinexx.com  · Is this your company?

Coinexx is a forex broker. Coinexx offers the MetaTrader 4 and 5 forex trading top platform. Coinexx.com offers over 60 forex currency pairs, stock indices, Gold, Silver, bitcoin, and other cryptocurrencies for your personal investment and trading options.

Coinexx
Coinexx has acquired FinproTrading.com.
Coinexx.com is NOT related to CoinEx.com

Coinexx.com is NOT related to Coinexx.org.

The FPA is informed that Coinexx.NET is an impostor site misusing Coinexx.com's logo and even contact information.

Address: Caravelle House, Manglier Street, Victoria, Mahé, Seychelles
Contact: support@coinexx.com
CFD: (10+) Gold, Silver, Stock Indexes, Oil, Other Commodities
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ether/Ethereum, Litecoin, Other Crypto Currencies
Withdrawal Methods: Bank Wire, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Dash, Ether/Ethereum, Litecoin, Other Crypto Currencies

Join live discussion of Coinexx.com on our forum

Japan,
Dec 29, 2018,

The spread is very low.
The commission is also very cheap.
However, the performance is overwhelmingly worse than the EA used by some other broker!
If you look closely well, the slippage is too cruel.
Slippage when entering about 100 times is more than 1 pips on average. . .
Other brokers generally average on the order of 0.1 to 0.3 pips.
I hope improvement.
Reply by Coinexx Support submitted Jan 11, 2019:
Hi Ken!

You've left us a review without sharing the specifics of the slippage you experienced. We would request you to provide us detailed information, so we initiate an investigation and transparently present our side.

Kindly note that slippages are a rare occurrence when you trade with us. And all orders are filled at the best available market price with Coinexx.

Coinexx Support
Jami,
Canada, Canada,
Mar 27, 2020,

Terrible withdrawal processing

I have been with Coinexx for a couple months now I believe and have been having zero problems depositing but all the problems with withdrawing my money. First off they have a 48 hour processing window that doesn't include weekends. So even if you withdraw and give them more than 48 hours to process they don't process it and I get told to wait until the back office team arrive at the start of the next week to process my withdrawal. That is 5 days for a Bitcoin withdrawal that is highly volatile. They have some great perks but I hope this withdrawal process gets fixed otherwise I don't see them holding on to many clients.

Reply by Coinexx Support submitted Apr 6, 2020:
Dear Jami,

You raised 10 withdrawal requests since 25-Jan-20 and all of them were processed within the 48 working hours timeline, except for one withdrawal request which got delayed due to some security checks. We perform security checks before processing all withdrawals so that our clients' funds remain secure.

Please note, we have incorporated some key changes in our withdrawals process by automating certain checks in order to shorten our processing timeline and going forward, you will experience most withdrawals being processed within 24 hours.

We hope this response clarifies your doubts. However, if you still have any concerns you can always contact us directly via email or via our 24 X 5 Livechat support at anytime.

Pueo,
Vancouver, Canada,
Feb 7, 2019,

Manipulate via MT4 dealer plugin

Coinexx is a lame broker who could be a great broker but isn't, hence the 2 star rating. I'm no stranger to forex brokers and have had live accounts with over 10 and traded for thousands of hours. I like that they are wanting to make a name for themselves by focusing on crypto, they have good spreads and micro contracts on cfd's.

What I don't like is that they are greedy bastards who are running the dreaded Virtual Broker plugin. There is a delay in execution time, the platform disconnects (while my other broker is still connected), you click on a price and often it's a pip difference the price that you get. For someone who trades regularly its very obvious the manipulation.

The service was better before when it was Finpro. And from what I can tell its the same guy running it. F*** your greedy virtual broker plugin. The odds are all ready stacked against the little guy. I'll stick with some of my other brokers.
Oct 21, 2019,

Never got my withdrawal

Since October 2nd i made a withdrawal they said it was gonna take 10 business days. I’ve been sending emails to see what’s going on with my withdrawal and the only answer is that it was processed, nothing else. They stop replying my emails and I still haven’t gotten my money in my bank account. This guys made me waist my time and money. We were planning things with my family and because of them now we can’t do nothing. So disappointed of them, thought they were a good broker. Don’t take the same risk, do not go with coinexx!!!!
Reply by Coinexx Support submitted Oct 29, 2019:
Hi Radrose!

The withdrawal you requested on 2nd October was processed within 48 hours to the bitcoin address you provided. Please refer to link for the transaction confirmation https://bitaps.com/3PPnqbcugv1coKtv8giGUFJhENkMxaNX8N

And please note that we NEVER tell any of our clients that the withdrawals take 10 business days to process. All withdrawal requests received during the week are processed within 48 hours.

Thanks
Spain, Spain,
Dec 26, 2018,

They add Plug-in to my account,

I havent got any problem with deposit and withdrawal.
When i start with real account, then execution over 400ms
When you have a ping of 2ms and when you do a trade and have 400ms to open and to close trade that mean they are adding Plug-in to your account.
Only this
Desert Hot Springs, CA, USA,
Aug 11, 2019,

"MT4 Stopped Working"...a disaster!!

About Coinexx: I am finally seeinmg a steady profit in my trading.

After steadily growing my account, and after spending months adding over 100 indicators, over 50 profiles, over 100 templates, suddenly, my Coinexx MT4 "stopped working." This happened today, Sunday 8-11-19, right as the new trading session started. I spent hours on the weekend planning trades, researching and marking my charts. Then, "coincidentally," right when the markets opened, my MT4 stopped working?? Then the Coinexx rep, via "chat" say, just reload MT4. I am so angry I can't begin to tell you.

my "MT4 Stopped working" means losing EVERYTHING! I now have to spend hours re-installing all of my indicators, re-installing all of my templates, re-installing all of my profiles...it is very, very suspicious? I wanted to come to ForexPeaceArmy, so that if any other winning traders have this happen with Coinexx, you know what's going on.

If you start making money, and you find that with Coinexx, all of your work has suddenly, simply "disappeared," and there's nothing you can do about it, you will then know: that's how easily a broker could put a major hurdle in front of you.

For me, I am going to open up a couple of accounts elsewhere, with larger, regulated brokers. I took a chance with Coinexx. But this really pissed me off!

May 29, 2019 - No Rating The jury is still out on this one...so far, so good.

I had a good overall trading experience with "FinPro." When FinPro was bought by Coinexx I transitioned. I have basically had no negative issues...I think.

What I am watching for, is any spread manipulation. I am not accusing Coinexx of anything. But, I am watching carefully. Here's why:

On three separate occasions, I experienced a quick spread spike in excess of 20 pips, taking out my SL, seconds before the trade went in the direction I expected. This only happened when I temporarily stopped using the "stealth mode" of my trade management software. Previously I only traded in "stealth mode," not revealing my SL, and didn't notice anything like that.

To be fair, maybe the spike, seconds before a significant move, is something that can't be avoided. But, it seems a little suspicious.

Now, I actively monitor trades more aggressively, and I keep my stops 100 or more pips away, in "stealth mode." If the trade goes far enough against me, I just manually shut it off. But, unfortunately, it means more "screen time." Oh well. It's my money.

I also use a second monitor with two other data feeds, to confirm and compare that a major spread spike is not just happening with Coinexx.

Like I said, I enjoy the leverage, and I've had no problem making withdrawals. And, since I've been trading for 10 years, I've learned that most issues weren't the brokers fault.

I understand how the banks manipulate the forex, I understand the dangers of trading the majors, trading when the markets first open...trading on Friday, when the banks take their profit.

But, I am actively watching the spreads, recording the spikes, and comparing the data feeds.

Can't be to careful :)

Mar 19, 2019 - 4 Stars I, too, was with "FinPro," who was then bought out by Coinexx. I was happy with FinPro, and I'm happy with Coinexx.

One criticism, is that some of us are active traders, with multiple accounts, and with more than one broker. Sorry, but, I don't think it's wise to keep "all of your eggs in one basket."

Each time I request a withdrawal from Coinexx, they contact me me to find out "what's wrong?" I have to tell them, "nothing is wrong" :) I just need my money whenever I need it. They should already know: if people have a problem, they won't hesitate to let them know.

I make regular deposits and regular withdrawals. Other than that annoying "inquiry," I have had no problem making withdrawals with Coinexx, and I've made quite a few.

I would love to see this broker offer the option to link a "VISA" card to the trading account (like I have with "Interactive Brokers"). It eliminates the fear we have of getting or having access to our money. After all: it's OUR money, and if a broker wants a lot more traders to deposit funds, make it easy for us to get our money when we want it.

Also, the online back office platform seems a little "glitchy," and sometimes you will sit there with a frozen page, watching the "crypto wheel" spin, until to refresh the page. But, I don't need the back office that much, and I can live with that.

What's important to me is 1) good commissions, 2) great leverage 3) deposits are credited quickly to the trading account, and 4) withdrawals are no more than a couple days.

For now, I primarily transact via "bitcoin," which is then converted to USD for trading, and it's easy to do with Coinexx.

If anything changes, I'll be sure and let you know.

Remember, anytime you trade with an unregulated broker, which some of us USA clients do, watch your balances. Spread things around a little :)
texas, USA,
Feb 17, 2019,

wires gone

bad experience so far ,lost a wd wire (1000.$ by dec 13th ,never made it to my acc ,was finpro then

asked for another wd on 1.18 2019 (1200$) still waiting after 8 business days ,nothing in my bank acc yet

99996820 1200 USD BANK TRANSFER Approved 18-01-2019

still waiting....
Mannheim, Germany,
Jul 18, 2019,

Don't Get Fooled

Hi there, I tried Coinexx now and it left me with mixed feelings.
Firstly, in my personal opinion many of the reviews here are written by them, they read like an ad text, so I would only consider the balanced reviews for your decision.
Here are my general bullet points after trading there with 1,8k

1 - Spread was fair and alright when I traded it.
2- Minimum leverage is 100x, which I personally find insanely dangerous already - don't gamble your cryptos away
3- Convenient to start with as you don't have to provide all your documents, like IDs etc (which I know are often sold on the dark net later by employees of brokers - not Coinexx, but in general). So this is a big plus.
4 - MT4/MT5 available, I had no issues locally and/or with the web trader.

Negative points to consider:
1 - Consider they are completely unregulated. Crypto is most often shady in general (I am working in this niche). Brokers are most often shady in general. Combine both and you have a very high risk scenario. No CC charge backs, no FSA/PRA is there to protect your ass in case of a dispute.
2 - This is the main negative spot where they will try to screw you imo: You deposit in crypto and it is converted spot to your local currency. We all know how volatile crypto is. So a BTC move can balance out your loss of a trade or make it even worse when withdrawing. I saw the recent BTC/ETH drop coming and thought it would be smart to take out my profits in EUR + the increased value in ETH but what they do, is to delay the withdrawal, so you get maximum breakeven. Once I confirmed my withdrawal, request it took 2 days until an AM contacted. He/She wanted to reconfirm that all my given details are correct. Once confirmed they take another 24 hours to withdraw your money, so they have room to time your withdrawal, at a time where they can negate your earning with the help of crypto volatility. I think they use this on a broad scale, but this is just an assumption and only found evidence in my single case. I will observe that and update here.
USA, USA,
Mar 29, 2020,

Something is happening

I have had an account with coinexx and before then was with finpro when coinexx took over with no warning.. thankfully the finpro people stayed long enough to insure the transfer went smoothly.. I’ve noticed however over the year the demeanor of the chat support has changed dramatically, so I’m pretty sure it’s a new team. The spreads the past few weeks has more that doubled.. usually the EURUSD spread was .02-.03 I assumed it was just market volatility. Well I just tried to log in to my account and poof,, the MT4 server is now FX View and mt5 isn’t available anymore.. There was ZERO warning about this.. and I looked up FX View and it looks like a chop shop pop up business.. Also the Operations tab on the coinexx website no longer works.. Obviously I’ll be messaging them to find out more details when they come back from the weekend. Also, another scary point.. I saw a LinkedIn profile for a manager at coinexx located in Nigeria, which is not were they claim to be,, and I didn’t expect them to be in the islands, I expected Middle East or Europe, not Nigeria... So there’s that.. It also explains the “working hours” and server time.. Obviously I’ve personally NEVER had an issue with them.. but this is the second change in 18 months without any warning.. makes me nervous.. VERY nervous.. I just wish they would be more transparent..

Reply by Coinexx Support submitted Apr 6, 2020:
Hi fxalchemy,

We believe this review may have been posted by you before you reviewed our email regarding server upgrade that was performed over the weekend of (28th-29th Mar). Also, our Chat support was operational over most of the weekend to support any clients facing login issue due the server updates.

1. MT4/MT5 installation - Kindly note that following the upgradation of our servers, it was communicated to all clients that they should install and use our latest MT4 and MT5 platforms. In case you have not done that, you might be seeing "FX-View" or any other default name as various 3rd parties use Metaquotes services. Also, you can always search and add "Coinexx" to any standard MT4/MT5 platform. However, we would like to clairfy that we do not have any relationship with "FX-View". Operations tab on our Client Portal was not operational for a few hours during the upgrade, however it was made available on Sunday (29-Mar), much before the market opening time.

2. Spread Widening - We're sure you'd be aware that there is a relatively higher volatility in market currently and the spreads have widened across most pairs. However as a pure ECN and trader friendly broker, we are renouned to be having one of the lowest spreads in the industry. As an example, typically our spead on the EURUSD is 0.2 Pips (which is trade executed and not the display only spread).

3. Linkedin profile - We do not have any linkedin profile, however some impersonators had tagged themselves as Coinexx employees. We have contacted Linkedin and we had them remove the malicious Coinexx page. Additionally, we would like to clarify that we do not have any employees/operations/office based in Nigeria.

We always strive to provide excellent customer experience and the best trading conditions to all of our clients.

May 7, 2020,

Six Figure Acct Disabled for 2 Weeks and Hacked too! Nightmare Finally Over

In the interest of full disclosure and an unbiased stance, I will start by saying that up until the last 30 - 45 days, I have had no issues with Coinexx. Withdrawals were made within 24 - 48 hours. No major issues with latency, liquidity, freezing, etc. That all ended when my accounted exceeded the 6 figure mark.

On or about March 20, 2020 I begin to notice major latency and slippage on both entries and exits. Due to the extreme volatility in the market during March some latency, slippage and spread increases were to be expected, but not to the degree that I experienced. I sent a chat and a support ticket inquiring as it was what I would consider extreme. The latency issues continued for over a week. I created additional support tickets and chat messages concerning the same. The latency continued and the response from Coinexx advised that the issues were due to the extreme volatility in the market.

On March 29th, Coinexx sent an mass email subject "Important: System Security Update" advising customers to reset their password and re-download the MT4 platform. I did as advised, and the issues seemed to be resolved. Very little to no latency or slippage occurred and spreads were normal.

On April 17th, the extreme latency returned along with major pricing issues. I created a support ticket and disputed the following trade which shows a full 10 second delay in the trade closing as well as an ask price that never existed:
2020.04.17 08:32:27.576 : order #13340260 sell 50.00 U30USD at 24070 sl: 0 tp: 0 closed at price 24129 (DISPUTED)
2020.04.17 08:32:17.320 : close order #13340260 sell 50.00 U30USD at 24070 sl: 0 tp: 0 at price 0

On April 20th, there were major liquidity issues. Spreads were in excess of 100 pips for U30USD and pricing off by over 200 points compared to normal market conditions. This pricing and spreads continued for over 2 hours. I sent a message to chat and sent email to Samantha Shaw regarding both issues on the 17th and the 20th. Samantha responded with the following in reference to my issue from the 17th and the pricing issue on the 20th.
Please see my responses to your queries below:-

The Sell Orders are closed at ask price at the time. Please note, the prices that you see on the MT4 charts are the "Bid" prices and not the "Ask" prices. The "Ask" price is always higher than the "Bid" price. The difference between the "Bid" price and the "Ask" price is the Spread. For a Buy order you always get filled at the "Ask" price, i.e. the best price where someone is willing to Sell, and not the "Bid" price i.e. the lowest price where someone is willing to buy, that you see on the MT4 charts.

Trade fulfillment for very large size trade orders may not occur at the exact same price where an order has been placed. This will happen if at the exact same time when a trade order has been placed, the tradable volume on the other side of the trade is not as much as is required to fulfill the requested trade order. This is a market wide phenomenon of trade execution, that we as a broker have no control over.

Further, the issue that you have raised below was because the Liquidity provider from whom we source our price feed for Dow had some connectivity issues today, and it was resolved as soon as it was noticed. As I can see you had some highly profitable trades on Dow, but please let me know if you need any other assistance

Samantha

I responded to the email advising her that I am aware of how pricing and fulfillment of orders worked. I also asked for documentation of the ask price that closed out the trade I disputed 100 pips higher than what the Ask price was less than 9 milleseconds earlier. I also advised her that I notified chat of the major liquidity and pricing issue 2 hours prior to them "correcting" it.

On April 22nd, my account was disabled. I could not access my back office or my funds to make a withdrawal nor could I trade in my MT4 account. When I contacted chat I was advised that my account was temporarily disabled. I emailed contactus@coinexx.com asking about my account status, I received the following email on April 23rd.

Hi,

Your account has been temporarily disabled as the same is under compliance review and you will not be able to perform any account operations for next few days.

Feel free to contact us if you need further assistance.

Coinexx Team

I immediately responded asking why my account was under compliance review and what the compliance review process consisted of. I did not get a response. I sent a chat message daily inquiring about the the status of my account. Chat reps advised me that the concerned party would be contacting me. I also continued to email support and contact us regarding the status of my account to no avail. This continued for a week without any response to my emails. Chat continued to give me the same "someone will be contacting you response"

On April 29th, I received a call from the compliance dept, I was advised that due to the fact that my account had grown exponentially in a very short period of time that my trading activity would need to be reviewed and I would need to submit KYC documentation. I submitted the documentation same day. On May 1st, I was advised that everything was still under review and should be resolved by the Tuesday. I requested to make a 10K withdrawal, which was granted and received same day.

On May 2nd, I noticed an email from Coinexx "One Time Verification Code for Password Reset. Not only did the email come in while I was sleep, but considering my account was disabled, it was impossible for this request to have been made by me. I immediately opened my MT4 to find my account showed as invalid. I attempted to log into the back office and instead of the "temporarily disabled" message I had seen for over a week it now said "invalid username or password" I clicked on the forgot password link. Pop up message said that the email address did not exist in their system. Not only had someone changed the trading account password to only the 6 figure account, but they also changed the email address and password to mycoinexx back office. I immediately sent a chat message and emailed every coinexx email address that I had notifying them of the fraudulent access and unauthorized change to my account. I was later made aware that the fraudster had requested a $50K withdrawal from my account. I sent more emails advising that the withdrawal request was fraudulent and unauthorized.
Early Sunday morning I received an email from Samantha in response to my emails advising that my account had an attempted hack and that they were looking into and would be resolving. By noon, my trading account and back office were back in my name and control, 50K withdrawal request denied and message when attempting to log in was back to the "temporarily disabled".

Compliance called me Monday morning to discuss the "hack attempt". They advised that my account funds were safe and in disabled status. Sam confirmed that the withdrawal attempt was denied. He also advised that my account would be under investigation to determine how unauthorized access was made into my account. I told them it appeared to me to be an inside job. I expressed my frustration and asked when the investigation and compliance review would be complete. A date could not be given since the investigation was currently in progress. Sam advised that I could make another withdrawal. I asked what the max was and he advised $50K. I emailed the withdrawal request to be processed. Withdrawal was processed Tuesday and funded on Thursday.

On Tuesday, I also received a voicemail from compliance advising that my account could be enabled within 24 hours, however they needed to speak to me first. Since I had missed the call, I sent an email and message Wednesday morning requesting a call back. Sam called and advised that my account could be enabled, however due to my trading style and account value a reduction to my max leverage was necessary. It would be reduced from 500:1 to 200:1. If I agreed then my trading privileges would be active within 24 hours. I asked about the hack investigation. He advised it was still in process. My back office was enabled shortly after that conversation. By Thursday morning, 5/7 my trading privileges were also enabled.

My rating is mixed.
As it relates to how customer service and/or management handled the disabling of my account and the first week of the disabled account status, I give ZERO STARS. No customer with any size account should have to wait a week to find out why their account is disabled with no access to their funds and/or trading privileges. The automated message saying the account is disabled and inaccessible for a few days is unacceptable. Some sort of notification on the same day the account is disabled should be sent advising the customer why the account is being disabled, what the customer review process entails and a specific time frame of resolution. Communication is key.

As it relates to how the disabled account was handled once I began speaking with Sam in Compliance and how the "hack attempt" was addressed outside of normal business hours, I give FIVE STARS. The fraudulent changes and withdrawal were nullified quickly. My account was enabled within the original time frame given to me by Sam and trading privileges reinstated per our discussion as well. Verbal communication with Sam and email correspondence with Samantha helped to get both of these situations resolved.
Reply by Coinexx Support submitted May 12, 2020:
Dear Client,

We are thankful to you for your valuable and very detailed feedback as well as the appreciation of our team with regards to the swift processing your all your withdrawals.

You had made a deposit of $4,400 in February 2020. During March 2020, your account reached 6 figures, which was further doubled by mid-April 2020.

We, in tandem with our LPs, are obligated to perform a Compliance review of accounts making such exponential gains. This review normally gets completed within 48 hours.

However, as explained to you over calls, we were extremely low on staffing in the Compliance department due to the ongoing Covid-19 crisis in the UK. This resulted in a delay to complete the review of your account. The review was completed and your account was released for Trading by Compliance within 8 days.

During this review period, we also processed $60,000 of your withdrawals with in less than 24 hours of your requests. However, in the interim we could only inform you that your account was under review and we would get back to you as there was nothing else we could have informed you while the review was in progress. Once again, we sincerely apologize for this delay.

Since you’ve mostly traded in large volumes (300 Lots trade size), you’d experienced some slippage as large size orders do not always get fulfilled at the prevailing market prices. On 20-Apr-20, we had a temporary price feed issue on Dow30 which was corrected soon after being identified. While you were able to benefit from this price feed issue, as mentioned to you over call, we had already promptly reimbursed any clients who had experienced a loss due to this issue, on the very same day.

Lastly, we would like to clarify that your account was never actually hacked. There was a hacking attempt made over your Coinexx account over the weekend of 2-May, which was fended-off due to our state of the art security defense protocols. Our IT team monitors all account activity, and as you recognized, we promptly and proactively ensured that we had secured your account over the weekend itself.

We strongly recommend you to please enable 2FA (using Google Authenticator) on your Coinexx account and bolster its security. Alternately, you can also always use the Bank wire method instead of using Cryptocurrencies to make deposits/withdrawals.

We at Coinexx strive to provide "highly profit friendly" trading conditions and we always endeavor to be fully transparent and forthcoming in addressing any issues our clients face.

We thank you for your continued business with us.

As always, please feel free to contact us directly via email or via our 24 X 5 Livechat support at any time.