A template is a set of chart window settings that can be saved and opened later for quick application to other charts.
Some of the parameters that can be saved in a template are chart type, chart color, the attached expert advisor and its parameters, custom or default indicators with their settings, chart scale, and period separators.
To create a template, first load a chart with all your preferred settings, colors, and indicators. After that, you can right-click and navigate to “Templates,” then click on “Save Template” as shown in the picture below.
The second option of saving a template is by clicking on the dedicated template tab and clicking on “Save Template” as illustrated below.
A window will pop up prompting you to save your template as shown below. After assigning a name, click “Save” and your template will be saved.
- How to add or remove the grid
- How to add or remove horizontal and vertical lines and view the objects list
- How to use the crosshair
- How to select different chart types
- How to customize appearance of charts
- How to create a chart template
- How to load a chart template
- How to view and move between multiple charts