how do i know that take profit has been hit ?

I won't mention broker names here (it was a "reputable" one), but this happened to my manual trading account - when EUR/CHF was pegged I had buy order and S/L at 1.185 ( if I remember correctly), and only at my broker there was spike that caught my SL (this was one year before the EUR/CHF crash), and never in any official information the price never went at that price, but somewhere at 1.196, I think. I didn't want to argue, just pulled out my money. I heard some guys managed to get their money back once they complained, but I didn't want to go through that, just went for another broker. :)
Maybe we also often hear about dealing desk broker, sometime as broker will using stop loss hunter or often we faced requote which sometime give us disadvantages in trading, because dealing desk broker if trader get profit hence as company will loss and likewise

Maybe we also often hear about dealing desk broker, sometime as broker will using stop loss hunter or often we faced requote which sometime give us disadvantages in trading, because dealing desk broker if trader get profit hence as company will loss and likewise
Well, it's brokers' job to take our money, one way or another. :)

Well, it's brokers' job to take our money, one way or another. :)
Maybe but as trader of course they also want to always win, but in fact many retail trader i think will fail eventually, need good skill to always making winning trades than loss trades, strategy and system trading accompanied with risk and money management

Maybe but as trader of course they also want to always win, but in fact many retail trader i think will fail eventually, need good skill to always making winning trades than loss trades, strategy and system trading accompanied with risk and money management
Brokers know traders fail eventually. Why let someone else take the money when they already have yours in their bank account? That is why they ask you how long have you been trading and such. If you are new to trading you're going straight up on dealing desk; if you are a good trader they may pass on your trades in the market, but will add a markup or profit from spread. Their job is to take our money.

due to difference in spread thats why sometimes tp is not hit..so always use ecn account or that broker which have minimum spread.

when i start trade any point what is the sL AND TP point to earn high profit or less loss??

Optimally, you want a trade setup where you not only think that price has a good chance to moving towards your TP, but that if you are wrong, your SL will catch it for a smaller loss that the potential gain.

Yes, you can do this the other way. If I consistently win 8 out of 10 trades, then it's ok if my losers are 30 pips and my winners are 15 pips. Or, I could have a system where I win 2 out of 10 trades, but make 100 pips on winners and only lose 10 pips on losers.

But, for designing a basic system, what you want is for winners to be at least 1 pip larger than losses (include spread, commission, slippage, carry costs if you hold trades over night, etc) and wins be at least 50% of all trades. If you can achieve this, then slowly and carefully refine your system to increase profitability.

Back