Is the trend really your friend ?

I agree with you there. As far as learning other people's tricks is concerned, I would rather understand how they came to various conclusions rather than the conclusion itself. As such, it is better to learn how to forge your own strategy rather than copying another person's strategy. What happens if they disappear from the market all together? Additionally, copying strategies can easily convert a trader into a trading Zombie, which I believe is a dangerous road to follow.

Definitely agree. Copying trade is another vulnerable way to choose, it is just someone who doesn't want to put effort in and want rich quickly. I can share a lot of live trading with you guys here, but it doesn't means I can clone a lot of people to trade profitable. If someone wanna trade themselves successful rather than copying other people strategy, they still need to put in effort to gain their own knowledge and build their very own strategy.

Yes indeed, trend trading is safe and easy to do. If you will try to catch tops or bottoms by entering any trade against the trend you will face loss more often than you do by trading in line with the major trend.

Trend is easy to spot, but it is not easy to come and what time frame you define it as trend. If you are trading full time and make a living out of it, you must learn how to manage yourself in every type of market conditions. For instance on last week, where can you see a trend? None of a major instrument was on trend. If you look on 4 hours, it is more worst. All of them is perfect ranging. Dollar indexes still in a range on 4H, it is impossible to find a good trend, and maybe this week still the same market condition.

The only true trend of strength that I can find last week only on indices like Germany DAX, UK Footsie, US Nasdaq, S&P and Dow Jones. But indices trading needs more skill to trade due to their volatility.

"TREND IS YOUR FRIEND", this quotes are just for broker marketing purpose, not suitable for trader.

The trend is really my friend and I don't like going against the trend while trading. Most times I have tried going against the trend have made me faced heavy losses and this have given me the experience to normally follow the direction of the trend in most cases.

The trend is really my friend and I don't like going against the trend while trading. Most times I have tried going against the trend have made me faced heavy losses and this have given me the experience to normally follow the direction of the trend in most cases.

Trading according trend direction, nothing wrong about it. But you still need to find a good entry. Trend form only 20% in market. If a trend move 200 pips, how many pips you gonna get there? If you don't know how to find entry on every type of market no matter trend or no trend, it is not your friend actually.

It is easier to follow the trend than against it because trending condition will be longer than reversal condition so traders still could gain some profits although they are late to enter the market but still, it is important to know when is trending movement stop so it will be easier to set Stop Loss and Take Profit point. But there are traders who like to trade in reversal condition so it's back to trader's style of trading. So, trend condition could be friend for you or not based on your style of trading.

It is easier to follow the trend than against it because trending condition will be longer than reversal condition so traders still could gain some profits although they are late to enter the market but still, it is important to know when is trending movement stop so it will be easier to set Stop Loss and Take Profit point. But there are traders who like to trade in reversal condition so it's back to trader's style of trading. So, trend condition could be friend for you or not based on your style of trading.

I agree with you. It takes much to reverse a trend compared to what it takes to resume a trend after a reversal. major trend reversals that result in the formation of another trend i.e descending from ascending and vice versa are caused by major surprises in economic events which I believe traders can plan for in advance by interpreting the mini economic events.

Hi there! i'm a newbie and have a little experiense in tradind, may be my question is stupid. What if we're talking about a mirror trading system? Are there any risks to follow unexperience traders if you follow the trend? In this case is it better to trade against trend?

Last edited:
I agree with you. It takes much to reverse a trend compared to what it takes to resume a trend after a reversal. major trend reversals that result in the formation of another trend i.e descending from ascending and vice versa are caused by major surprises in economic events which I believe traders can plan for in advance by interpreting the mini economic events.

Technically without Fundamental analysis, this occurs due to price moves a lot on trend usually needs to correct itself as some trader taking profit which will cause lack of support or demand. This kind of market usually I will define it as a correction of price rather than reversal. Trading correction usually is a high risk of trading because once its bounces off, you might suffer a big big losses.

It was a major mistake in my early day trading that I always keep trying to catch tops or bottom which I failed most of them time as I was trading against the trend.

Back