• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Knight Capital Markets & Fortress Fund (Warning)

I am actually shocked that there hasnt yet been an episode featuring Ryan on "American Greed".
If you google Ryan J O'Rourke NC you can see one result that is a bizapedia entry for BDFX that also cross-references an LLC named Astra Holdings in Raleigh with him as all the corporate contacts and a RESIDENTIAL address. Here is the listing: http://www.bizapedia.com/people/NORTH-CAROLINA/RYAN-OROURKE.html - an educated guess here would be that is his home that he runs his scams out of, and other data is available if you search. I would strongly encourage anyone who has lost money thru fortress to gather all of this trail evidence and GO TO AUTHORITIES WITH IT. This is serious. Like I said, this guy just keeps crashing the fund/broker and repeating the process. Dont let him get away with it any longer.

Andrew its good you are helping expose this, but if you look even further you will see that:
a) the "trading statements" are irrelevant. They are very likely manipulated to say the least at the MT4 server level. Therefore, they dont really mean anything at all, the details very simply dont matter.
b) there likely is no "Ethan Cooper" or whatever his name is. Just as there were no real people behind any of the dozen other names proferred in this scam in the past few years. It is all one guy behind it, his name is Ryan O Rourke, and he lives in North Carolina in the US. If you review the huge volume of posted history, you will see it is the case, including the fact that the Knight servers report as "BDFX", which was the LAST incarnation of the broker for this scam. He continually repeats this exact ponzi over and over. Please encourage the affected victims to bring all details to the authorities in the US where Ryan is located. Only via law enforcement involvement will he be stopped. Otherwise this will keep repeating.

Hi,

I loose 90% of my capital with Fortress Fund and I want to lodge a complaint in France against them.

I deposited $3000 the 29th October 2015 into my Knight Capital Markets account, my balance account go to +/- $4000 in November 2015 and go to $300 the 23th December 2015 (90% of loss in 2 months)

For me Fortress Fund is a 100% scam.

I have some questions:

1) Do you kown the company http://www.forexverified.com who verified the data trading of Fortress Fund http://www.forexverified.com/reports/fortressfund/fortressfund001.html since 2013? Is it a serious company?

2) Is it better to to lodge a complaint in France or in USA?

I asked explanation to Ethan about my loss, here is answer:

Hello,
Thank you for following up in provision of the opportunity to further assist you with respect to your important questions and concerns.

I sincerely appreciate your patience and professional courtesy in awaiting a comprehensive response to your important concerns. That being said, and when considering the current issue at hand, it will be necessary to recognize, acknowledge, and understand the fact that we are participating within the most risk-abundant, highly volatile financial market in existence during a time in which we are currently enduring a global economic Depression and underlying climate of unprecedented nature on a worldwide scale since the Great Depression.

As such, we have recently experienced inevitably difficult market conditions, based on unprecedented changes for the first time since 2008. This has transpired on a magnified scale, which has catalyzed unfavorable results uncharacteristic of the achievements the Fortress Fund Trade Managers contracted to oversee the program, as well as all global asset managers, have experienced within a customary economic climate during ideal market conditions. Within such an atypical world environment, unorthodox losses oftentimes result in ultra-aggressive, overly speculative novelty programs such as Fortress Fund.

This unfortunate development has combined with your account having experienced severely inopportune market-entry timing in proximity to the initiation of this recent unfavorable market state.

On that note, I find it very important I address your important concern in comprehensive fashion. The Fortress Fund Manager was utilizing a very sophisticated, methodical employment of positional hedging within client accounts so as to effectively mitigate what otherwise would have been an instantly catastrophic, adverse price movement across all major currency pairs. When hedges are in place, equity remains intact.

Of course, it is a physical impossibility to successfully accomplish negative trade eradication without the necessary periodic release of said hedge positions in strategic fashion at prospective turning points in price action so as to allow corrective price moves to neutralize open draw down while being offset by realized profits generated through the aforementioned hedge orders. When hedges are released, it is necessary to allow price movement to "breath" and illustrate directional bias.
Furthermore, pending re-hedge orders must be strategically placed at selective points far enough in proximity to important support or resistance levels to ensure any re-entry into the hedge is not made in vain. Therefore, equity will bleed in nominal, successive amounts until the proper, successful corrective point is reached. Under typical market conditions, the average trend-based price movement which would necessitate the employment of positional hedging lasts but 1-3 days and requires no greater than 1-3 hedge releases prior to successfully identifying the correct turning point necessary to remove clients from trades intact.

Unfortunately, we have been faced with an astoundingly resilient multi-day directional trend based price movement of unparalleled nature resulting from these FOMC announcements. Your account did not sustain the necessarily successive (and extensive within these circumstances) release attempts and equity "bleeds".

We continue to face a global economic climate of unparalleled proportions since the Great Depression and have chosen to participate within the most volatile, risk prevalent market out of all the financials. As such, and when combined with notoriously thin, unfavorable summer market conditions and a unique disconnect of customary inter market behavioral correlation losses uncharacteristic of standard performance within ideal conditions do occur.
Although it will be no consolation to your frustration, it is of paramount importance you understand that we have endured, as a world society and global investors, a first-time global market climate and world economic condition absolutely unmatched in decades. This marks a unique juncture in this Manager’s 3 year record flawless aggressive trading.
Based upon our longstanding, personalized communication with one another, I'm confident you will recognize the fact that I am sincerely regretful of having had clients, including yourself, eliminated from market participation. Your ongoing recognition and understanding of current conditions as well as the unwavering state of my dedication with the sincere best interest of clients at heart is both valued and appreciated.

For these reasons, I must reiterate that I am genuinely apologetic in having to inform you that the entirety of your risk capital was depleted by the Fortress Fund Manager.

Should you have any additional questions or concerns regarding these very unfortunate market events, please be sure to follow up with me. I will remain readily available and sincerely dedicated to assuring your inquiries are immediately and thoroughly answered.

Sincerely,
Ethan

Regards,

Paul

Hi,

I loose 90% of my capital with Fortress Fund and I want to lodge a complaint in France against them.

I deposited $3000 the 29th October 2015 into my Knight Capital Markets account, my balance account go to +/- $4000 in November 2015 and go to $300 the 23th December 2015 (90% of loss in 2 months)

For me Fortress Fund is a 100% scam.

I have some questions:

1) Do you kown the company http://www.forexverified.com who verified the data trading of Fortress Fund http://www.forexverified.com/reports/fortressfund/fortressfund001.html since 2013? Is it a serious company?

2) Is it better to to lodge a complaint in France or in USA?

I asked explanation to Ethan about my loss, here is answer:

Hello,
Thank you for following up in provision of the opportunity to further assist you with respect to your important questions and concerns.

I sincerely appreciate your patience and professional courtesy in awaiting a comprehensive response to your important concerns. That being said, and when considering the current issue at hand, it will be necessary to recognize, acknowledge, and understand the fact that we are participating within the most risk-abundant, highly volatile financial market in existence during a time in which we are currently enduring a global economic Depression and underlying climate of unprecedented nature on a worldwide scale since the Great Depression.

As such, we have recently experienced inevitably difficult market conditions, based on unprecedented changes for the first time since 2008. This has transpired on a magnified scale, which has catalyzed unfavorable results uncharacteristic of the achievements the Fortress Fund Trade Managers contracted to oversee the program, as well as all global asset managers, have experienced within a customary economic climate during ideal market conditions. Within such an atypical world environment, unorthodox losses oftentimes result in ultra-aggressive, overly speculative novelty programs such as Fortress Fund.

This unfortunate development has combined with your account having experienced severely inopportune market-entry timing in proximity to the initiation of this recent unfavorable market state.

On that note, I find it very important I address your important concern in comprehensive fashion. The Fortress Fund Manager was utilizing a very sophisticated, methodical employment of positional hedging within client accounts so as to effectively mitigate what otherwise would have been an instantly catastrophic, adverse price movement across all major currency pairs. When hedges are in place, equity remains intact.

Of course, it is a physical impossibility to successfully accomplish negative trade eradication without the necessary periodic release of said hedge positions in strategic fashion at prospective turning points in price action so as to allow corrective price moves to neutralize open draw down while being offset by realized profits generated through the aforementioned hedge orders. When hedges are released, it is necessary to allow price movement to "breath" and illustrate directional bias.
Furthermore, pending re-hedge orders must be strategically placed at selective points far enough in proximity to important support or resistance levels to ensure any re-entry into the hedge is not made in vain. Therefore, equity will bleed in nominal, successive amounts until the proper, successful corrective point is reached. Under typical market conditions, the average trend-based price movement which would necessitate the employment of positional hedging lasts but 1-3 days and requires no greater than 1-3 hedge releases prior to successfully identifying the correct turning point necessary to remove clients from trades intact.

Unfortunately, we have been faced with an astoundingly resilient multi-day directional trend based price movement of unparalleled nature resulting from these FOMC announcements. Your account did not sustain the necessarily successive (and extensive within these circumstances) release attempts and equity "bleeds".

We continue to face a global economic climate of unparalleled proportions since the Great Depression and have chosen to participate within the most volatile, risk prevalent market out of all the financials. As such, and when combined with notoriously thin, unfavorable summer market conditions and a unique disconnect of customary inter market behavioral correlation losses uncharacteristic of standard performance within ideal conditions do occur.
Although it will be no consolation to your frustration, it is of paramount importance you understand that we have endured, as a world society and global investors, a first-time global market climate and world economic condition absolutely unmatched in decades. This marks a unique juncture in this Manager’s 3 year record flawless aggressive trading.
Based upon our longstanding, personalized communication with one another, I'm confident you will recognize the fact that I am sincerely regretful of having had clients, including yourself, eliminated from market participation. Your ongoing recognition and understanding of current conditions as well as the unwavering state of my dedication with the sincere best interest of clients at heart is both valued and appreciated.

For these reasons, I must reiterate that I am genuinely apologetic in having to inform you that the entirety of your risk capital was depleted by the Fortress Fund Manager.

Should you have any additional questions or concerns regarding these very unfortunate market events, please be sure to follow up with me. I will remain readily available and sincerely dedicated to assuring your inquiries are immediately and thoroughly answered.

Sincerely,
Ethan

Regards,

Paul
- It is not yet finished with forexverified:
You can still see January 06 2016 in their statement sheet.
http://www.forexverified.com/reports/fortressfund/fortressfund001.html
- The Fortress Fund Investment Prospectus is also still available:
https://www.fortressfxfund.com/OpenAccount/pdf/Fortress_Presentation.pdf
- You can see our friend Ethan there:
https://www.fortressfxfund.com/OpenAccount/
- And the also the picture of the famous Professor George (George Sinclair) who send us 10 Binary Option Scam per day.
It is a small scam world!

Hello,
first of all, where are all the people scammed by them, I see only couple of them here ?!
Second, it's very important for all of You to fill negative reviews at both

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/public/review/www.knightcapitalmarkets.com
https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/public/review/www.fortressfxfund.com

it makes a difference. What's interesting after I filled my negative review I was approached by Knight Capital about why did I fill such a review. Of course after trying to get my money back again it stuck at nothing. About my story going further, my account is still positive, with 2 hedged trades since 2 months, but I can do nothing about it. Can't withdraw / can't close those positions. This whole knightcapital should be pursuit first and punished for their practices.

People how were scammed by them please contact me via sending personal message, let's gather together and find solution together how to pursuit them.

Hi,
We have appended the 11 mails exchanged with Ethan (Cooper) (9) (Fortress Fund) and Olivier Smith (2) Knight Capital Markets Account Manager between Dec 27 and January 7 2015 with the target to recover the 11325.38 USD that we have lost in a few hours due to the stupid 15 trades allowed by the Fortress Fund STRATEGY and replicated December 16th 2015 19:43:49.
For obvious reason our private information has been voluntary deleted in the copy of the mails, but you can contact me via personal email.

We have also appended the FULL Account History classified by:
- Opening Time
- Order Nu
- Closed Time
These files has allowed to highlight some anomalies mentioned partly in our mails.

We are globally in agreement with the article:

"http://financefeeds.net/full-exclus...cheme-exposed-financefeeds-detailed-research/"

You can find in this article more information about the most likely Fortress FX Fund ponzi scheme used, probably with some complicities of:
- the introducing Broker
- some major affiliates "http://www.forexverified.com/reports/fortressfund/fortressfund001.html"

The most important is to stop definitively this scam.
Indeed we continue to get daily mail for this toxic Fortress Fund product through another email address (see January 11th and 13th 2016 appended mails from Jack Martin, Chief Analyst Fortress Fund).

You can see that the "Live Verified Trading Statement" is totally Out of Date. MyFxBook statement has been deleted.
It is preferable to have a look to our appended LIVE UNFORTUNATE Account MT4 65245 Knight Capital Markets.

Sincerely,
Jean-Marie

Attachments

• RE Claim - Technical Anomalies MT4 65245 Knight Capital - Fortress Fund MAM account_e.pdf
    674.2 KB · Views: 15
  • AccountHistorybyOpenTime 65245 KnightLive 2015.12.23 18h29m33s FortressFundMAM_.pdf
    855.4 KB · Views: 10
  • AccountHistorybyOrderNumber 65245 KnightLive 2015.12.23 18h29m33s FortressFundMAM_.pdf
    849.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Jean-Marie The Fund is Almost Full....pdf
    583.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Jean-Marie The Fund is Closing Doors... (Important).pdf
    582.2 KB · Views: 12
  • AccountHistorybyClosedTime 65245 KnightLive 2015.12.23 18h29m33s FortressFundMAM_.pdf
    842 KB · Views: 7
Nightmare in Real Time:
Knight Capital Markets has allowed to link early morning without my authorization my second individual MT4 66006 opened mid November to the MAM Fortress Fund.
Obviously they have the intention to voluntary crash my second account. See the copy of the printscreen.
They have not answered to my numerous requests to disconnect my account; Now it is probably too late.
Jean-Marie

Attachments

• Account_66006_KnightLive_ 2016.0114_FortressFundMAM.pdf
    63 KB · Views: 22
I have found this interesting article about Ethan Cooper and it is not a joke!
He was the Managing Director of the institutional asset management firm Fortress FX Fund / FortressFXFund.com.
badforpeople.org/fortressfxfund-coms-ethan-cooper-helps-reduce-forex-scams-fortress-fx-fund

Last edited by a moderator:
Back