Bathtub Method

Freedom2live

Recruit
Has anyone heard of the "Bathtub Method" for forex trading? Apparently, it has something to do with taking equal opposite positions simultaneously, using only small lots, then increasing the lot size once the market direction becomes clear.

It's called the "Bathtub Method" because you dip your toe in the water first (with small lots) then "jump right in" (so to speak) once your anticipated direction is confirmed. I received some correspondence from a guy who claims he made $10k last week, using this method, trading large lot sizes.

That's all I know. Perhaps someone knows more about this method and can fill in the details?

But is it necessary to enter a trade to find the direction? I do not think so. I have heard this before but this is not a appreciable method.

That's why is it called Bathtube Method. Flush it down the tube? Ha, ha, ha...I anyway don't like the no risk strategies. No risk no gain!
fx avatar

Sounds like a grid system. These can be profitable, but will blow your account when you run out of margin.

I think it can work only on volatility-prone markets with lot of significiant and evident price movement moments. It has no chance to make good run of it on flat markets.

But is it necessary to enter a trade to find the direction? I do not think so. I have heard this before but this is not a appreciable method.

Havent you ever thought "Ow shiit." or "ow yeah" -
feeling the market through your fresh trades ?

I think it can work only on volatility-prone markets with lot of significiant and evident price movement moments. It has no chance to make good run of it on flat markets.

Try it on Crude .
although , scaling in on crude would be more fun .

Bathtub method is actually good. You will get some new rules and then it will make your market mind fresh and alert. I hope this works.

Back