Best Indicators

KristenLove

Highly Suspicious Person
Okay, so I've been surfing the internet looking for some stuff about Forex and got to the page where one trader analyst was talking about some kind of "addiction" to indicators.
Like traders put more indicators then they really need on their MT and so on.

It got me thinking about indicaors for a while and I understood that I really underestimate the role of the indicators in my trading and so I went to the internet to try to figure out what would be the best indicators for different styles of trading. And what I saw is tons of stuff. Everyone tryes to promote this or those thing.

So I wanna ask you, what is your favorite indicators you use and what style of trading is it fits best for?
Hope to find some for my trading as well;)

Peace!

If you are newbie - then follow the average and trade for short trades like no more than hour to learn more about that same indicators. You will gain some experience which you later will simply use without any problem or so. Do not overcomplicate the things.

Okay, so I've been surfing the internet looking for some stuff about Forex and got to the page where one trader analyst was talking about some kind of "addiction" to indicators.
Like traders put more indicators then they really need on their MT and so on.

It got me thinking about indicaors for a while and I understood that I really underestimate the role of the indicators in my trading and so I went to the internet to try to figure out what would be the best indicators for different styles of trading. And what I saw is tons of stuff. Everyone tryes to promote this or those thing.

So I wanna ask you, what is your favorite indicators you use and what style of trading is it fits best for?
Hope to find some for my trading as well;)

Peace!

I actually minimize the use of indicators!
The one that I use is Heiken Ashi indicator. It's pretty simple and basic.

Do you have some links to overviews on that indicator? Or maybe the link to download it.

Here is the link to the ForexFactory thread about trading method including the indicator. there are the link in the first message of the thread where You also can download the indicator.

I'll tell you how they taught me. It is good to have a trend indicator and two oscillators in the trading system. This is a classic set. I would like to add that the trend indicators should show the levels at the same time, it will be convenient for you. You can take the Ichimoku or EMA indicator with different periods: 21, 60, 200. But most importantly, you have to use the same indicators year after year, get used to them. I can also advise the Zigzag. Very interesting indicator, work with it.

Here is the link to the ForexFactory thread about trading method including the indicator. there are the link in the first message of the thread where You also can download the indicator.

Probably, moderator deleted the link you sent. But you can message in PM with the link. Thank you!

FPA Forums Team Note: Andrew's post mentions a link, but it was not there when the post was submitted.

I think that choice of indicators would depend on your trading method and chosen strategy. Not all indicators are suitable for all trading strategies.They even dont expose same results when applied on different time band. So, ry to choose your own set of indicators that are suitable for your trading

I do not use any of them really except very obvious ones which I am not going to even mention. There are some strategies and technical analysis and it includes already that indicators being made here for any reason. Olieng38 sums it up for you.

MA100 and MA200 in combination with the RSI oscillator take good reference point on medium timeframes of major pairs.

Back