Best Trading Time

London session does have the best liquidity but I can't say anything certain regarding volatility because sometimes there can be a huge spikes during Asian session, at session openings and during close because traders take active actions to make good trading entries close positions before other traders realize the need in that.
Indeed London and especially the overlapping between London and US sessions provide most volatility. However, most scalpers prefer Asian session as the price is more "stable".

Why Tokyo Session? Curious about that, because of the slow volatile trading. In fact, trading forex should be European and US open isn't it?

Some people using scalping trade during the Tokyo session for those reasons. It could be he's doing the same.

Most forex traders are more successful during the late US, Asian or early European trading sessions – essentially 2 PM to 6 AM Eastern Time (New York), which is 7 PM to 11 AM UK time.

Morning time and after lunch is an ideal time for me according to my timezone. I avoid trading at evening when market is very fast. Each person had its own favorite time according to his free time and market movement . After some practice we can choose this best time .

Morning time and after lunch is an ideal time for me according to my timezone. I avoid trading at evening when market is very fast. Each person had its own favorite time according to his free time and market movement . After some practice we can choose this best time .

What positions do you prefer opening during those periods? Short term or long term ones?

I feel the best trading time is when we work with following the trend, as if feel that’s the MOST important part of trading. If we work that out properly then we will only help our self into achieving better results. I never attempt to trade without following the trend because I know it is only going to lead me nowhere and will not bring much results to feel good about. I believe its best that we work with patient and careful way.

Strictly speaking, there are no open sessions on the weekend. Trading starts when the Sydney session opens at the beginning of the week and finishes when the New York session closes at the end of the week. However, your location in the world will depend on what time and day this is. If you are trading in Japan, the trading week starts on Monday morning. However, if you are in the UK, this will actually be on Sunday evening.

Back