Bitcoinus Scam (www.bitcoinus.me)

The Punisher

Major
Scammers contact victims on FB dating and pretend to be interested in dating. After a period of time the victim is introduced to crypto and told to use Bitcoinus to create a profile and start to buy bitcoins. When a victim tries to make a withdraw, there is excuse after excuse for why they cannot do so. This is a WARNING not to do business with this company.

www.bitcoinus.me

1638891008836.png

My husband and I were scammed by this website and are out $15K
Sorry for your loss. Without posting your information, can you post the phone numbers, profile pics, etc. they used for communication. What country are you from so we can best advise where to report this fraud.

I live in the United States. This is the information from the supposed "customer support" through WhatsApp.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20220210-132158_WhatsApp.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220210-132158_WhatsApp.jpg
    398.5 KB · Views: 17
  • SmartSelect_20220210-132233_WhatsApp.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220210-132233_WhatsApp.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 16
My husband and I were scammed by this website and are out $15K
If you are having a serious problem with a company, you should open your own thread in Scam Alerts and give details.

Why your own thread?

1. If the person who started this thread has their issue resolved, this whole thread will be marked as resolved.

2. Your thread can have a link from your review. This makes your issue more visible.

3. Issues can be different. Having your own thread makes it easier to get advice specific to resolving your issue.

I live in the United States. This is the information from the supposed "customer support" through WhatsApp.
Please file reports with the following with all forms being available online:

1) FBI via IC3
2) FINRA
3) CFTC
4) FTC
5) Attorney General for the state you live in

You can also consider contacting the Global Anti-Scam Organization. They are a non profit and have free online chat and support available for all victims.

www.globalantiscam.org

Sorry. I was also a victim but i got my funds back. Have you filed a case?
Glad to hear your funds are back. We filed with FBI via IC3. How did you receive your funds back? Is there a specific company you used? We are not trusting many things right now and are already finding tons of "recovery" scam companies as well. It's unreal.

Glad to hear your funds are back. We filed with FBI via IC3. How did you receive your funds back? Is there a specific company you used? We are not trusting many things right now and are already finding tons of "recovery" scam companies as well. It's unreal.
Most recovery companies are scammers, definitely be cautious.

Back