CHINA BROKERS SCOUT FOR TALENT China brokers scout for talent as profits soar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think most of Chinese can speak English :D

Ahh yes of course.....results of being host to the Olympics and realization the importance of English for faster international communication & commerce :)

BUT, to have a nice young pretty translator or two by your side would certainly add an aura of masculinity, success, and perhaps even envy :cool:

Sorry to tell you, nope. Most of the Chinese don't speak English, and even some of them can speak, but it is difficult to understand on their accents and pronunciation. Especially those words containing F and S. Hence, a lot of foreigner in China learn to speak their language.

take the 1st post suggestion and do google search.
trading activity would be a huge problem for me, how i suppose to put any order if i cant barely read pair listed.
r

look what i've found while googling, it's on reuters article.

take the 1st post suggestion and do google search.
trading activity would be a huge problem for me, how i suppose to put any order if i cant barely read pair listed.
r

look what i've found while googling, it's on reuters article.

In my opinion, if you wanted to enter China, you must learn those words. A lot of professional foreigner even in other industry that works there know how to speak and read Chinese very well. I bet you have to spend some time on this.

"China brokers scout for talent as profits soar"

That is the title of the article I read over at @REUTERS which further went on to report:

SHANGHAI, Dec 14 (Reuters) - China's brokerages are on a broad-based hiring spree to capitalise on booming local stock markets and a surge in new clients and trading activity that is giving their profits a big boost.........
............In recent months, demand for staff from brokerages has increased by around 20 percent, said Chen Xia, a headhunter at Unique.
"Just this month, we've received four brokerage requests for employees, whereas before, sometimes there would be business, sometimes there wouldn't,"....................The annual salaries of junior analysts range from 100,000 yuan to 150,000 yuan, and their bonus is often based on how many reports they write, said headhunters.
Senior 'star' analysts can make up to 10,000,000 yuan ($1.62 million), according to headhunters, as their salaries are tied to commission earned from the funds they introduce to the brokerage and the points awarded to them by the funds they serve............
............"The atmosphere is great. Everyone is really happy. Everyone is thinking about how to make more money,"............

Yes, everyone is very happy-happy in making lots of money! :)

So, what are some of the "struggling" Traders in FPA waiting for?
GO FOR IT, google search, apply, show & prove to them what you made of, strut your stuffs, and live your dreams :cool:

Without knowing Chinese, I'm sure it is quite difficult to trade and analyze chinese stock market. Most actual and important information (especially news) comes on Chinese, and it takes some valuable time to have them translated in English..
Still you can trade Chinese companies as CFD's on Nasdaq and make pretty much money on it..

Or the easier alternative is to have your English speaking Chinese pardner carry out trades on your instruction ...that should kill at least 3-4 birds with one stone:cool:

China is a Massive market, no doubt about it and now when the FX Market is heading towards the number of 5.5 Trillion Dollar Market (Daily Volume) , China is looking forward to attract business from outside the country and that's why there are hiring English speaking account managers and those people who can bring decent business to Chinese brokers.

Definitely not true. Even in Hong Kong, where English is one of the official languages, I've encountered large numbers of people who speak little, if any, English. Heaven help anyone on the mainland who expects even 1 person in 10 to be able to have an English conversation.

I do think many Chinese take some English in school. Then, just like Americans who take a high school class or two in French or Spanish, they don't use it and end up forgetting 95% of it.

BUT, to have a nice young pretty translator or two by your side would certainly add an aura of masculinity, success, and perhaps even envy :cool:

I see Rahman has been following me around again. :cool:

Definitely not true. Even in Hong Kong, where English is one of the official languages, I've encountered large numbers of people who speak little, if any, English. Heaven help anyone on the mainland who expects even 1 person in 10 to be able to have an English conversation.

I do think many Chinese take some English in school. Then, just like Americans who take a high school class or two in French or Spanish, they don't use it and end up forgetting 95% of it.
I see Rahman has been following me around again. :cool:

Well, for tourist, google translator works out okay in most parts of the world :).......not so sure on how that will work out in translating the stock market though :p

Nope, I didn't follow you around.....but some petite "translators" did mentioned a guy with weird headdress and a rather long metallic goatee hanging around Kowloon peninsula district area :p

China is a Massive market, no doubt about it and now when the FX Market is heading towards the number of 5.5 Trillion Dollar Market (Daily Volume) , China is looking forward to attract business from outside the country and that's why there are hiring English speaking account managers and those people who can bring decent business to Chinese brokers.

Yeah. I am not sure about stock market employment. For FX trader employment, usually the market rate as below:

Junior Trader: RMB 96,000 (App. USD 16,000) annual salaries
Advance Trader: RMB 180,000(App. USD 32,000) annual salaries
Senior Trader: RMB 300,000 (App. USD 52,000) annual salaries

Other than that, all profit dividend will be vary from 30%-50% and a lot of firm employment opportunity there. You will be allocate to trade in the company for approximately 6-12 months. If you are stable on that, you are allow to trade remotely. That's the info I got for China FX Market. Most of them based in Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen and Hong Kong. There are couple of them in Szechwan and Chengdu as well, but not as much as those 1st tier cities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back