1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ECN on MT4?

Discussion in 'Forex Company Comparisons' started by gognen, Feb 17, 2012.

1. gognen

gognen Private

What do you think about brokers that offer ECN service on Metatrader 4? Is it possible, or they are typical bucketshops?
    I've checked few brokers that offer ECN demo trading on MT4, but I never found level 2 integrated in its platform.

2. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Colonel

Be careful. There's not exactly a perfect definition for ECN. I've heard of one scam broker claiming to be ECN since all orders with through their electronic order processing system.

Here are some signs that can help.

An ECN broker can't have fixed spreads. If they are really giving you the REAL price feed from one or more liquidity providers, the spread should be variable.

The "normal" spread should be tighter than a typical broker, since a true ECN broker doesn't mark up spread. On the other hand, a true ECN broker will charge commission to open and close a trade. You need to make sure that this isn't so large that you would be better off dealing with a non-ECN broker.

A true ECN broker should welcome scalpers and have no time limit on how short a trade can be. Since they claim to be giving you "real" prices from their pool if liquidity, there's no excuse for them to say that you somehow "cheated" on trades.

3. gognen

gognen Private

As for the variable spreads, almost every broker is offering variable spreads between 0.5 and 1.9 pips. I have the beliefs that ducascopy is offering ECN and that for just 500$ minimum. I was demo trading for 30 days with their platform and could see the volumes traded at a given time. Plus, the spreads were shaking during news releases. It seems to me that also deltastock are offering ECN. None of those is offering MT4. What do you think of that? Is this good idea to measure the potential for ECN brokerage or there are also other factors?

4. amr trader

amr trader Recruit

what about withdrawal time in this company ????
    i want to try them

5. lostart

lostart Recruit

I need a "true" ecn broker in the U.S, that allows U.S. Citizen accounts?