• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem eToro stop loss issue

I am having an issue with a company

Mhdesai

Recruit
Same thing happened to me and be honest it is not use intuitive. You should have shown changes in chart otherwise there is no point having charts. I don’t car what ask price was in your system.

Cs Transcript:

( 11m 50s ) Lincoln T: Thanks for that Manan.
( 12m 13s ) Lincoln T: I assume you are talking about the most recently closed position in your account? Your SELL GBP/USD position?
( 12m 41s ) Visitor: Yaa its correct
( 13m 39s ) Lincoln T: Okay. I can see that your GBP/USD position (position ID 2442881883) was correctly closed due to SL 5/17/2023 9:00:01 PM (GMT)
( 14m 32s ) Lincoln T: I can see that your stop loss was 1.24980000, however this price was never traded in the market. So your position closed at the next available rate, which was 1.24990000
( 14m 51s ) Lincoln T: As it is a SELL position, your trade closes at the ASK price, which is not shown on the eToro charts.
( 15m 48s ) Visitor: Looking at price I can’t see it goes above 1.24868 at 22:00 bst
( 16m 8s ) Lincoln T: Where are you looking at?
( 16m 35s ) Visitor: At etoros candle chart
( 16m 41s ) Lincoln T: Yes
( 16m 54s ) Lincoln T: As I mentioned, the eToro charts only show the BID price
( 17m 6s ) Lincoln T: As your position is a SELL price, it closes at the ASK price, which is not on the eToro charts
( 17m 7s ) Visitor: Hmm it is interesting
( 17m 32s ) Lincoln T: I can send you a copy of the historical prices for GBP/USD if you would llike
( 17m 42s ) Visitor: Is there a way to check historical ask price ?
( 17m 49s ) Visitor: Cool cool
( 18m 8s ) Visitor: Is there a way of seeing it anywhere without contacting
( 18m 32s ) Lincoln T: I can see that the ASK price went from 1.24944000 to 1.24990000. Your Stop Loss was 1.24980000, so your trade closed at the next available rate (1.24990000)
( 19m 25s ) Visitor: Make sense but it’s not shown in chart so I was confused and anyone can be
( 20m 1s ) Lincoln T: WHen you go to the charts, you can see the Sell (S) and Buy (B)
( 20m 17s ) Lincoln T: However, what I can do is forward this a suggestion to be able to see both Sell and Buy charts

Attachments

• IMG_4820.png
    IMG_4820.png
    104.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4822.png
    IMG_4822.png
    186.1 KB · Views: 22
Same thing happened to me and be honest it is not use intuitive. You should have shown changes in chart otherwise there is no point having charts. I don’t car what ask price was in your system.

You do understand that when you enter a derivatives trade, you
buy long at the ask price
exit buy (sell) at the bid price

sell short at the bid price
exit sell (buy) at the ask price

So if eToro does not show both bid and ask on the chart, it doesn't mean there is only a bid price or only an ask price. It just means that one of the prices was not shown on the chart.

Also, I suggest you control your gambling impulses so you will not be taken in by company's business model that is likely designed to capture your deposits.

Back