EUR/USD at the 1.3800 level.

EURUSD hiked higher during the course of Friday’s session, but struggled at the 1.25 handle again. The pair closed near the high of the day and its range is within the previous day range creating an inside day.
A daily close above the 50-day moving average can change the mid-term outlook from bearish to bullish. A head fake on the 50-day moving average can offer a great selling opportunity as the market then should drive down to the 1.2250 level.

EUR/USD formed a marubozu candlestick on the daily filter chart and, as expected, started descending again. That said, I am not so sure whether that new movement to the downside is part of the correction or the overall bearish trend and considering how sluggishly the market is moving at this time of the year it may not become clear until January.

EURUSD hiked higher during the course of Friday’s session, but struggled at the 1.25 handle again. The pair closed near the high of the day and its range is within the previous day range creating an inside day.
A daily close above the 50-day moving average can change the mid-term outlook from bearish to bullish. A head fake on the 50-day moving average can offer a great selling opportunity as the market then should drive down to the 1.2250 level.

I am totally agree with your analysis, also i prefer going on short-term positions these days.

well 1.2480 proved to be a strong resistance point price keep rebounding from there. In my opinion going short now will not be the best option. I will wait either breaking under yesterday candle or breaking the resistance line.

EUR/USD formed a marubozu candlestick on the daily filter chart and, as expected, started descending again. That said, I am not so sure whether that new movement to the downside is part of the correction or the overall bearish trend and considering how sluggishly the market is moving at this time of the year it may not become clear until January.

I agree with your point.

well 1.2480 proved to be a strong resistance point price keep rebounding from there. In my opinion going short now will not be the best option. I will wait either breaking under yesterday candle or breaking the resistance line.

I agree, I'm staying sideline for now.

The past several days has seen EURUSD enter a sideways consolidation pattern between 1.25-1.24, perhaps before the all-important US CPI data out today, which is expected to heavily influence the Fed’s interest rate timeline.
As a reminder, high inflation will lead to expectations of an early 2015 interest rate raise, while low or below expected inflation numbers will push back rate hike expectations. An interest rate hike is generally seen as a positive for the currency with the higher rate.

The past several days has seen EURUSD enter a sideways consolidation pattern between 1.25-1.24, perhaps before the all-important US CPI data out today, which is expected to heavily influence the Fed’s interest rate timeline.
As a reminder, high inflation will lead to expectations of an early 2015 interest rate raise, while low or below expected inflation numbers will push back rate hike expectations. An interest rate hike is generally seen as a positive for the currency with the higher rate.

I am totally agree with you, thank you.

Back