• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Forex-auto-trader.com

General discussions of a financial company
What I mean is that every single EA, just like any trader, has both wins and losses. The thing is that for a good EA the total amount of wins exceeds the total amount of losses. However, you don't seem to realize even that.

Here, you can check out my account with Alpari UK in the read-only/investor's mode if you wish:

1. Download the free Alpari MetaTrader4 platform at
http://alpari.co.uk/mt4setup.exe and install it on your computer.

2. Connect to the account, using the following data (to connect, go to "File -> Log in" in the MetaTrader4 menu):

Login: 380601
Password: 6hguznx
Server: Alpari-Demo

Let's see what you have to say now. ;)

looking at your account history it seems you have different stoploos settings
Sometimes they are 5 point and sometimes they are 32 or different.
Can you explain what settings you are using (S/L T/P etc?)
I mean if i run the EA it will have always the same stoploos as set in the EA itselve.

thanks

thanks

looking at your account history it seems you have different stoploos settings
Sometimes they are 5 point and sometimes they are 32 or different.
Can you explain what settings you are using (S/L T/P etc?)
I mean if i run the EA it will have always the same stoploos as set in the EA itselve.

thanks

thanks
I always use the default settings that come with the updates - never change anything there manually. You chose to tamper with the settings - hence, the poor results you've been getting.

It really is funny how you continue to insist on 1 trade within two weeks even after I proved the opposite to you by providing access to my account. Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying you're deliberately lying here. What I rather suspect is some kind of a technical problem, either with your VPS or your broker, which you are to figure out if you want the EA to function for you properly.

I also see that you're definitely not using the default settings as you should have - there, the risk factor is not set to 0.

may be i set something wrong in the EA. That's why i have posted my settings.
I thought Risk Factor > 0.0 means Money Management is OF. And it takes the "lots" settings input that i currently set to 0.5 lots

On a live account i do not like to open more than 0.01 (microlot) rigth now.
So you mean changing the Risk fatcor to 0.3 will do the trick without changing the amouts of lots?

thanks

may be i set something wrong in the EA. That's why i have posted my settings.
I thought Risk Factor > 0.0 means Money Management is OF. And it takes the "lots" settings input that i currently set to 0.5 lots

On a live account i do not like to open more than 0.01 (microlot) rigth now.
So you mean changing the Risk fatcor to 0.3 will do the trick without changing the amouts of lots?

thanks
I got my results with the default risk factor for every update.

A few comments and questions.

First, it doesnt matter what the lot size is set at. As long as it is within your margin it should trade the same. The difference in trades is more often due to differences in brokers, or some other unknown..

If you set the Risk Factor > 0 it would turn Money Management on, setting Risk to 0.0 as you have done turns it off and it will then trade with your fixed lot size. No difference in the number or timing of the trades, only the size. Setting the Risk Factor will result in different size trades, due to percentage of available margin.

But none of this accounts for varying stop losses, trailing stops, and profit targets. It appears there is an awful lot that we dont know and arent told about the inner workings of this program, and that arent accessable to us. Are there any other parameters that are available to us, this seems to be a very restrictive program with few user adjustable parameters. More likely the developer wants to keep the users in the dark and constantly under his control and relying on him for optimizations.

And yes, the trade roberto shows is definately buying in at the top of the range. A common problem with many EA's.

Last edited:
Back