FOREX PRO WEEKLY August 12-16, 2013

Sive Morten

Special Consultant to the FPA
Monthly
Previously we have discussed in details possible scenarios and why current price location is very important. At first glance it could be seen that here is nothing special and no big deal around, but in reality the oposite is true – it is a big deal around current level. Direction of real breakout of the flag pattern could set the direction of the market in long-term perspective. As you can see price action on passed week was not impressive, but market now stands slightly closer to previous highs. It is probably rather milestone sign that market is forming indecision pattern right around breakeven point of long-term sentiment, I mean yearly pivot point. It is very simbolical at current moment. Speaking about flag pattern itself, we already can find a lot of covert signs. For example, usually when price shows bullish trap action, i.e. fake upward breakout, in 90% of cases oposite real breakout follows. But what we see here? We see double failure. First it was bullish trap and then it was cancelled by bearish trap, since breakout down was also false and now is the question will real breakout up follow or not. We could think that as market has vanished bearish pattern – it must be strong bullish moment and may be this is true, especially because market still hold above yearly pivot. But we can ask – why this can’t happen again? Well may be it could, now we do not tell that we can estimate further direction from current messy action and do not even try to do this. we just want to indicate the current condition - action is really indecisive in big meaning of this word, since we see two fake breakouts around yearly pivot, that itself is a breakeven of yearly sentiment.
And market gradually becomes closer and closer to critical point – attempt to challenge previous highs and pretention on upward breakout. Probalby coming week will not become “that week”, but if market will continue as it stands – this is a question of 2-3 weeks probably, when price will reach the edge and we will undertsand whether we will get upward breakout or not.

eur_m_12_08_13.png

Weekly
Well, trend holds bullish here, market not at overbought and price is tested 5/8 Fib resistance again. Also that was a WPR1. Market strongly stands above MPP and shows upward action 5 weeks in a row.
As we’ve discussed previously in current price action on weekly there are more bullish signs rather than bearish ones. This conclusion mostly comes from the way of market’s respect on 1.2750 support area. You probably remember that this level was a neckline of H&S pattern, 0.618 extension of AB-CD pattern, some fib level – in short it was solid support. Normal bearish development didn’t forbid a bounce from that area, but later market should return right back and pass through this support area. Bounce should not be too extended. But here market almost has reached the top of former right shoulder, price has erased bearish stop grabber pattern, that could not have come at a better time. Intially pretty looking H&S pattern has lost it’s harmony and now stands on the way to failure. We’ve suspected that since H&S was too obvious. But one deal is to suspect and quite different is to see that price is trying to destroy the pattern.
Now trend has turned bullish. Other words, market has vanished all bearish signs that were formed previously. That’s why something put me to think that bullish development is more probable here in nearest future, although technically we do have nothing except bullish engulfing pattern and bull trend. From the other side, I do not see any bearish issues right now at all. Next significant resistance, based on weekly is a crossing of MPR1 and trend resistance line – that is the border of megaphone pattern and it stands at 1.3512 area. If market will hold current pace up it could reach it within 1-2 weeks...
eur_w_12_08_13.png

Daily
Well guys, situation on daily time frame looks really intriguing mostly because we stand near the significant highs. Very often market creates reversal patterns in such sort of areas and even oftener these patterns fail. I suspect that we could something of that sort on next week. Recall that current action up is a butterfly on 4-hour chart. On Friday we’ve said that some retracement probably will happen, since market has reached 1.27 extension and retracement truly has come. But since price was rather fast on a road to 1.27 target, this usually indicates further continuation to 1.618. If this will be really the case then butterfly could shift to 3-Drive “Sell” pattern when current retracement will finish. As you can see on the chart, to make this possibility real retracement should be to area around 1.3250 – Fib support and WPS1. But whatever will happen – whether it will be 3-Drive with retracement to 1.3250 or market just will continue move up to 1.618 butterfly – never mind. The most significant issue is the placement of 1.618 extension – 1.3445 area. Guys, that’s above previous highs. Since there are a lot of stops have been placed around – market has a lot of chances to just accelerate due stops’ triggering. In this case any reversal pattern could fail. That’s why it happens very often and we could become eyewitnesses of double scream of those who previously have place stops above these highs and those who will take shorts too early based on this possible reversal patterns. Another significant moment is that previous highs coincide with WPR1 and acceleration above it, standing above it will probably lead to further medium term appreciation.
Speaking about Monday-Tuesday, well, we almost have bearish engulfing pattern here, although Friday’s candle is inside one, but they are almost equal – I mean ranges of Thursday and Friday trading sessions. Thus we need to drop lower to understand what is going on there.
eur_d_12_08_13.png

4-hour
This is, guys our major chart for Monday. Retracement that we’ve expected has come and market has hit 50% support within 3 candles below 3x3 DMA. We know that EUR likes 50% level, still I can’t exclude that we will see some spike or open that will test WPP, since it stands rather close to current level.
Thus, here we have not bad context for B&B “Buy” trade. Currently it is difficult to say whether market will continue move streight right up, or we will turn to compound AB=CD retracement down, as we’ve discussed on daily. But who cares about it? This B&B is a great chance to take possition on possible upward breakout in advance of this event, and not when turmoil of breakout will be in progress. I like such kind of anticipation. If market will continue move higher right to 1.618 extension – we can keep our B&B-opened position and move stop to breakeven. If market will show just minor bounce up – well, we can take profit just from B&B trade and what will happen next.
And the last moment here... Besides of 50% support, WPP and previous swing high market also has accomplished harmonic retracement swing down – lime lines on the chart. As you can see it has made the same retracement twice already.
eur_4h_12_08_13.png

15-min
Today we will use 15-min charts, since on hourly recent price action looks like just flag pattern and we do not see other details. Usually, even when we deal with B&B it is prefferable to get some pattern on your side before enter this trade. Here we have two moments to watch for. As we’ve said, market probably will try to test WPP at open, since it stands rather close. The pattern that could appear here is 1.618 Butterlfy “buy” – its target stands right around WPP. Later it could become a part of reverse H&S - that is also possible, but this is not as important.
Second moment is – classical target of flag pattern equals to its mast and it points on the same area as butterfly. Thus our thought here – it makes sense to get pattern before taking position on B&B “Buy”.

eur_15m_12_08_13.png

Conclusion:
In long term perspective, market mostly still stands indecision, because is coiling around long-term sentiment breakeven point – yearly pivot. To point on direction price has to show break – out from current range. Until this will happen we can’t take sequence of trades in any direction. All that we can do in such environment is to search short-term clear setups and trade them fast. Although we can’t miss existence of slow but gradual move to the upside.
In short-term perspective we need to take position in advance of possible breakout up. B&B “Buy” setup lets us to do this, if we will get reversal pattern on 15-min chart.

The technical portion of Sive's analysis owes a great deal to Joe DiNapoli's methods, and uses a number of Joe's proprietary indicators. Please note that Sive's analysis is his own view of the market and is not endorsed by Joe DiNapoli or any related companies.

EUR/USD Daily Update Tue 13, August 2013

Good morning,
well unfortunately we didn't get the perfect bullish development on EUR - testing WPP and go to the upside with B&B. Instead of that market has turned to second way that we've discussed as well - possible 3-Drive "sell" pattern.
Despite how terrible current move down is looking by far even with MACD divergence, we probably can say that market is not done yet with upward action. If price will pass through WPS1, then we probably could say "yes - short term upward action has finished and we could get at least 50% retracement down". But not yet...
Take a look, market now is showing the retracement that gives us 1.27 extension in the same area as 1.618 extension of previous retracement. That is setup for perfect 3-Drive. Additional motivation and temptation for the market is that this pattern is forming right under previous highs. It is very difficult to leave it behind and to not make an attempt to grab all sweety stops above it. Thus, until market holds around, I think that chances for upward action still exist.
eur_d_13_08_13.png

On 4-hour chart we see that all this mess stands around favorite for EUR 50% support level.

eur_4h_13_08_13.png

Finally, hourly chart shows probable pattern that could lead to upward action. This is DRPO "Buy". If it will fail, then probably it will happen miserably. In this case market probably will loose chances on upward continuation. But if it will start to work, then it will be solid probability that market continue move up and at least will grab stops above previous daily highs and complete 3-Drive.
Also I can't exclude possibility that 3-Drive even could fail and market could move further to the upside. Re-read daily analysis in our weekly research - we've taked about this nuance in detail there.
eur_1h_13_08_13.png

Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update Wed 14, August 2013

Good morning,
when market behaves different compares to what you've expected to see, it usually means that market forms something that goes opposite to your point of view. It means that when you see it, you need start to search something contrary to your initial view. Try to find something clear that could appear and that completely disagrees with your previous analsyis.
That is what we will do today.

At first glance on daily time frame situation has not changed much. Price just moves 50 pips lower, not a big deal, right? Possibility for 3-Drive here still looks not bad at all, since 1.27 and 1.618 extensions from retracements still stand in the one place.

eur_d_14_08_13.png

But that is only on the surface. Actually by moving below 50% support yesterday market has singificantly reduced upward chances mostly by 2 reasons. First is - price holds below WPP, second, market has moved lower not just 50% support but previous swing high. And current retracement down is greater than previous one. This is bearish sign.
Trend is bearish on daily as well.

If we will take a look at broader picture then we will see that now is not a big deal that market stands at WPS1+5/8 Fib support. The big deal is that market could form H&S pattern here.
eur_4h_14_08_13.png

Because current action stands opposite to normal bullish development. Thus, if you still want to take long position, then more or less suitable level probably is 1.3200-1.3210 - neckline of the pattern and target of AB=CD lightning bolt. Here at least you can count on some bounce that let you to move stop to b/e.
But in general, we probably should wait a bounce from neckline and forming of right shoulder for short entry.

Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update Thu 15, August 2013

Good morning,
Thus, market has given us the reaction on support that we would like to see. Actually, as you can see yesterday's action was rather tight and here I can't add much on daily time frame. It is not the time to take any action for us yet. Market still has oportunity to choose any direction and if upward action will continue, we could return back to idea of challenging of previous highs. If market will continue move to neckline, then we will start to prepare for deeper retracement down, as we've discussed yesterday:

eur_d_15_08_13.png

The reason, why market still could change and choose direction is the depth of current retracement up. Take a look at 4-hour chart - it is precisely 50% level. That is normal, especially for EUR, respect of significant support cluster that includes 5/8 Fib support, WPS1 and 0.618 AB-CD minor target. If this is only retracement, then market should turn down and reach neckline. Because when H&S is forming we do not want to see some significant bounces before neckline will be reached. This is just unnatural, and if market will pass through 50% resistance to upside, that will again skew chances in favor of upward move to previous highs.
While, if market will fail here and continue move down, we will start to think about H&S pattern and where will be better to enter short.
eur_4h_15_08_13.png

On hourly chart we also see that current resistance is an Agreement level with AB=CD extended target...
eur_1h_15_08_13.png

Thus, what could be done on EUR right now? Not much, I suppose, as well as across the board, not many markets currently give us solid setups.
Theoretically, if your desire is very strong to trade today, you can try to take shorts on hourly chart against current highs with hope that market will proceed to neckline, but I can't say that this is impressive and thrilling setup, although it is reasonable.
We have two major parts of trading plan by current analsysis. First, is major one - wait any solution with H&S. That will give us direction on daily.
Second is intraday - keep an eye on possible patterns. I can't exclude that market could form something as Butterfly "Buy" on hourly, since 1.27 of current retracement coincides with neckline and AB-CD target. If we will get it, then we probably also make a scalp long trade out from neckline.
Other possibilities stand up to you whether you want to trade something else here or not.

Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update Fri 16, August 2013

Good morning,
well, guys, you probably see everything by yourself. That was really tough day yesterday. Previously we've discussed the possibility of appearing here, on daily chart, H&S pattern. And as we've said, we was needed to see reaching of neckline first and top of the right shoulder second. Actually we've expected that this probably will take 1-2 trading sessions at minimum, but this has happened within a few hours:

eur_d_16_08_13.png

On 4-hour chart market now stands at 76.8% Fib resistance that is typical when you have a 1.27 H&S on horizon. You probably were lucky if you were able to take position based on 4-hour stop grabber right at neckline, but I wasn't at my PC when this has happened. Thus, I have only S&P short based on daily DRPO. Anyway market has reached second stage of the plan - resistance of right shoulder's top.
eur_4h_16_08_13.png

Thus, we stand at the edge. Market at equilibrium. We want to take short position, only if market will give us reversal pattern on hourly chart around current level but we do not have it yet. Thrust is insufficient for DiNapoli patterns, so it probably should be some kind of harmonic pattern or candlestick one.
We also can't enter long, since market at resistance and if even you would like to take long - it's better to wait a bounce at least to previous consolidation around 1.33-1.3310.
But honestly speaking, I prefer to get clear confirmation of either upward continuation or reversal pattern that will point that we can take daily H&S position.
So, currently I do not see much what could be done here.

Last edited:
If anyone is interested in forming a group to analyse other pairs using Sive's teachings please private message me so that we can discuss the possibility.

Thanks again for such detailed and well explained analysis. I note that there is also a K area just below the WPP - it even has a 50% retracement agreeing with it!

I'm having trouble attaching a screenshot but will keep trying!

All the best

Michael

Attachments

• eurusdh4130811.png
    eurusdh4130811.png
    22.6 KB · Views: 44
Nesting temporary low or preparing new drop?

Wrote wrong low I expected, it is 1,3150 at least, I expect 1,3120 and some pips below maybe 1,3110. Will see soon.

LowOrAttack.jpg

Good trading!

Back