FOREX PRO WEEKLY August 19-23, 2013

the simpliest but looks like not most popular count...

201308211250.jpg

USA Existing home sales (MoM) came in better than expected and the EUR/USD hardly blink!
So, what gives here????:confused:

If that was for the EZ, I think the currency pair would have gone berserk...
=====================

Ok, I found the answer to my puzzle as posted by the Dow Jones Newswires, August 21, 2013 10:20 ET (14:20 GMT):

Perhaps on any other day, July home sales rising 6.5% (versus 1.4% expectations) would have sent the dollar shooting higher. But alas, traders today have bigger fish to fry--namely the 2:00pm EDT release of minutes from the Fed's last rate-setting meeting, seen as a key bellwether of the central bank's feelings regarding an imminent rollback of its bond-buying program. If the minutes indicate that September tapering of stimulus is still very much on the table, the good home sales data will only add fuel to the fire. For now, dollar is pretty much unchanged against its rivals: USD/JPY at Y97.61; EUR/USD at $1.3386, down 0.2%. (ira.iosebashvili@dowjones.com).

....hmmmmm...wonder what will happen in 3hours 27mins from now:confused:

Last edited:
New count & facing FOMC

Well, it hit it! OK, nothing special but FOMC ahead and we could get whipsaw. The most logical moves I see up to take 1,3426 and down to take 1,3314 so on Friday will be ready for last high; of course it could go up in new high but then will have more work to do in future; of course could go lower but dont expect in any case below1,3204, except in case of broadening triangle, but dont think so..

Good luck with FOMC and good trading!

201308211600.jpg

Back