FOREX PRO Weekly May 14-18, 2012

because since no one knows at what point the price is going to drop, by gradually scaling in you ensure that you will be in the market at least somewhere when it starts to drop.

for ex., let's say you decide to wait until price reaches 2827 but down move suddenly starts from 2766. then what? you would have missed the move. similarly, if you wait until 2911, for ex., and move starts from 2827, you will be watching but not participating.

by entering limit orders or stop limit orders at all levels mentioned by sive, if the market retraces to at least the first level or more, your orders will be triggered and you will be partaking in of the selling frenzy. ;)

make sure though to figure out how many lots you want the orders to be so as not to over-leverage.

Thank you Triantus, that was logical. It is just the question of SL orders. Do I put them on the place where I would do it for the last enter (in this case it is 1.2911). So if I enter at 1.2766 I put the SL order at the same place as I do with the enter on 1.2911 (I count my risk let say 0.5 or 1% on every entry, and accordingly risk the appropriate amount)?

well... it depends on your strategy which in turn dictates your order lot sizes. for instance, let's say your approach is conservative, that is, minimize loss as much as possible. since we don't know what's gonna happen, i'd recommend a small lot size at each entry point or the same ratios sive mentioned.

so you can put your SL for all orders after the last entry point. but if you initial orders all have a very small lot size (it's all relative) the loss can still be manageable. alternatively, you can put a SL after each entry point, thus minimizing loss even further in case the last entry point is taken out by a sudden rally/reversal.

personally i'd just enter with very small lot sizes with one global SL after the highest entry and after market starts dropping, wait for a pull-back to add more lots as you re-sell after each pull-back. unless, of course, the pull-back is a full retrace and trend change. then just cover all the shorts. but if the lots sizes were small, even a 100 pip loss won't do much harm (again all relative to your total equity and margin requirements).

also, if you put SL after each entry point, put them above significant RSST levels, whatever they may be for the context the market is in at that time.

Thank you Triantus, that was logical. It is just the question of SL orders. Do I put them on the place where I would do it for the last enter (in this case it is 1.2911). So if I enter at 1.2766 I put the SL order at the same place as I do with the enter on 1.2911 (I count my risk let say 0.5 or 1% on every entry, and accordingly risk the appropriate amount)?

Last edited:
H1 Butterfly Buy

guys, how about this butterfly?

Attachments

• eurusd_h1_butterfly_buy.gif
    eurusd_h1_butterfly_buy.gif
    45.3 KB · Views: 50
hey kwash, sorry missed this message. well... people pop in and out unannounced according to their crazy schedules. i'm not going to be there today, got other stuff on my plate today. how about posting here first if someone is heading to the chat room? that way, we'll all get an email notifying us a new post came in and take action accordingly.

I've been there almost every night but there is only me. Would be nice to chat in real time with the community. :)

Hi,
Triantus said correctly - you may enter with 1/4 at first, 3/4 on second or 1/3 and 2/3. But this is not as simple as it seems. A bit later will be published corresponding chapter in School, dedicated to scaling.

Thanks Sive,
I will be looking forward to the topic on scaling.

the pattern is still in play BUT price retested the trend line on H1, failed to close above so far, and is heading back down again. also price is still in the BB down channel. that being said, with what's going on today, anything is possible. basically your guess is as good as mine.

Sive, Triantus, if you come to the conclusion that the pattern has failed, please inform accordingly. Thanks.

guys, how about this butterfly?

Hi Triantus, yesterday you posted a link to the sentient trader site. I read something, and they mention "JM HURST". In your chart i saw also the custom indicator hurst difference. Do you know how it works? :D Please share with us.

Sive, Triantus, if you come to the conclusion that the pattern has failed, please inform accordingly. Thanks.

the pattern is still in play BUT price retested the trend line on H1, failed to close above so far, and is heading back down again. also price is still in the BB down channel. that being said, with what's going on today, anything is possible. basically your guess is as good as mine.

Hi MidnightRun
This butterfly can't fail already since I has reached as far as 0.618 resistance from its swing. Butterfly treats as worked if it reaches even 0.382 level.
But, nevertheless, upward move is continuing, so, may be we will see reaching of level that we've specified.

Back