FOREX PRO WEEKLY October 07-11, 2013

Sive Morten

Special Consultant to the FPA
Monthly
By looking at different currency pairs accross the board, I didn’t find anything special and anything that significantly more interesting than EUR. At the same time situation at EUR itself is not very fascinating. And this is undertsandably – investors are waiting. Friday’s downward action looks mostly as profit taking after 4 consequitive weeks of growth, before weekend and due gradual approaching to October 17th. If no solution will come, market will become more and more nervous, volatility will grow.
Currently October candle looks not very impressive. On previous week, before shut down situation we said that situation looks moderately bullish. Market has moved above previous highs and through upper border of the flag pattern. And market has moved above 50% resistance again. Next monthly target is 1.3775-1.3830 area. It includes yearly pivot resistance1, 5/8 Fib resistance and minor 0.618 extension target of current AB-CD up. Other words, we have an Agreement around YPR1. Trend holds bullish here.
So, it seems that now price stands in some kind of “free zone” with no solid resistances around. But somehow it wasn’t able to continue move higher and current week shows minor pullback right from the top. Anything could change of cause, and major part of October still the same, but usually when market passes through some resistance it shows acceleration or stable continuation. But as fundamental situation has become a dominant one, it stronger impacts on markets in short-term period that usually. This could lead to some different way action, since investors are mostly driven by other thoughts than previously. That’s being said, in normal situation, if we wouldn’t get any shutdown, we could clarify this setuation as sign of weakness. But currently it is not neccesary so, just other factors impact investors behavior.

eur_m_07_10_13.png

Weekly
As price action was not impressive, weekly analysis mostly remains the same. I can find only one reason here (except thought that this could be profit taking), why market has not continued move up – 1.27 extension of AB=CD pattern. Since nothing has changed drastically yet here, analysis will be the same as well.
Trend is still bullish here. Currently we have the only pattern here and this is butterfly “sell” and we still use AB=CD extension on monthly chart. Trend is bullish here. As market has passed through as MPR1 as MPR2 of September it is solid challenge on continuation and it looks like that we should see it, at least from technical point of view, since we do not know what else surprises could come from shut down. Long term invalidation point is a low of butterlfy (in red circle). If market will move below it – it will not only erase butterfly but also put under question our monthly AB=CD. Trend also will shift bearish probably around this level. Take a look that we have really huge resistance cluster at 1.38-1.39 area. Recall monthly target and Fib level and now add 1.27 butterfly target, weekly overbought and inner 1.618 AB=CD target. But fortunately we have pretty a lot of room till this area. Second, butterfly pattern could be a long-play one. May be there will be some retracement around 1.27 extension, but who says that it can’t proceed to 1.618? And guys, I have suspicious that this will be the case.
Recall how 2 weeks ago we’ve talked about EUR swings on weekly chart. EUR usually shows AB=CD with very small BC leg. When it completes 100% of this AB=CD it shows significant and wide retracement/consolidations. That is where we stand now and later it usually skyrockets to 1.618 of initial AB-CD. That is an area where 1.618 of our butterfly stands – around 1.42-1.43 This stands beyond a bit of our weekly analysis cycle and overbought but this is really thrilling perspective....
The thing that we do not want to see is a deep and stable return below previous highs around 1.3450 by reasons that we’ve discussed many times on daily time frame.
eur_w_07_10_13.png

Daily
On previous week, although market has shown upward move, but has not quite reached major resistance around MPR1 and 1.618 extension of previous retracement. As we’ve suggested above the possible reason is 1.27 extension of weekly AB=CD pattern. Anyway, price has formed bearish engulfing pattern. As we know minimum target of this pattern is move down equal to the length of the bars and it stands around daily K-support and previous swing high. Also market has not tested yet MPP, so, if this move down will really take place that also could become a challenge to test MPP. Invalidation point is a top of this pattern.
Trend holds bullish still, but price stands very close to breakeven point. As price now stands at the top of previously broken consolidation and near first Fib support 1.3523, probably we could get some bounce up from it in the beginning of the week. Depending on the style of bouncing we will make a decision whether to take short position here or not. We do not want to see fast long white candles on intraday chart, because it could be more a sign of continuation up, rather than retracement. We want see small candles and lazy gradual action to the upside, not too steep.
eur_d_07_10_13.png

4-hour
Another target stands in an area of daily K-support. This is ultimate 1.27 extension for butterfly “Sell”. It is not quite often could be seen, when market really hits such extended targets, but as it stands in agreement with daily K-support, engulfing target and MPP, we can take it into consideration.
Second moment is that market stands at support now – as we’ve said previous consolidation, but also upward trend line and 1.3523 area – nearest Fib support. Thus, our first step in plan – wait for reasonable bounce up and then decide whether to take position or not.
eur_4h_07_10_13.png

60-min
Market will open around WPP on next week. Since we have here nice K-resistance, it will become the first level to watch, probably. At the same time, EUR has a tendency to show 50% retracements. That’s why, our major area to watch for will be a range between K-resistance and 50% major level – 1.3580-1.3590
eur_1h_07_10_13.png

Conclusion:
On big picture market stands at the eve of opening solid bullish perspectives initially to 1.38 area and ultimately up to 1.42-1.43. At least, currently it looks so, although shut down could easily correct technical picture, since markets now stand in extraordinary action and are driven by absolutely different factors.
In such environment it is better to stick with some clear patterns that could give us clear entry, risk points and risk/reward ratio. Thus, on daily we will try to deal with bearish engulfing. Our first step is to wait upward bounce from support, second one is – watch for particular resistance levels for short entry.

The technical portion of Sive's analysis owes a great deal to Joe DiNapoli's methods, and uses a number of Joe's proprietary indicators. Please note that Sive's analysis is his own view of the market and is not endorsed by Joe DiNapoli or any related companies.

USD/JPY Daily Update, Tue 08, October 2013

Good morning,
today I would like to talk about JPY, since our setup on EUR has not changed and still valid. Market has shown shy retracement yesterday and may be it is ready to start move down, at least, bearish engulfing pattern, that is a core of our analysis is still here
Now about JPY... In recent time we rare have got such setups, thus, it makes sense to take a look, despite whether you will trade it or not. That's interesting..
On daily chart we see that market has completed AB=CD pattern right at MPS1. MPP has not been tested yet. Take a look that CD leg is much flatter than AB. It means that market is loosing its pace down and retracement is possible right from D point. May be we even will get bullish engulfing by the end of the day, who knows...
jpy_d_08_10_13.png

But most interesting is on 4-hour chart. It's a bit heavy chart so... First af all, we have 1.618 butterfly completed. Inner 1.618 AB=CD of butterfly is also completes in the same area. Here we also have WPS1 and falling wedge pattern, that looks very similar to possible 3-Drive Buy pattern. So, a lot support comes in tight range from different patterns and indicators. Solid support cluster here.
How deep retracement could be? Well, to my mind, first target is WPP and 50% resistance level, may be market even will proceed to MPP, I do not know. But in current environment it's better to look at closest target, because never know what will happen even on next our. Market is nervous now.
jpy_4h_08_10_13.png

On hourly chart I just point the Fib support levels, that we can watch for potential entry.
So, think, decide... but setup is not as bad at all.
jpy_1h_08_10_13.png

Last edited:
USD/JPY Daily Update, Wed 09, October 2013

Good morning,
I hope, guys, that you will not be upset with one more JPY update. Situation here is more interesting than on EUR and needs more assistance from our side, than on EUR. Actually, on EUR market still stands inside the engulfing pattern body and I hope that this pattern will be triggered today by price moving below it's lows...
Now, on JPY we've said that we could get bullish engulfing right at AB=CD target+MPS1, but that has not happened. Still, today we could get another but similar pattern - morning star.
As a rule, minimum target when price respects AB=CD completion is 3/8 upward bounce, i.e. 98.11, sometimes it could be 5/8, that is also normal. For us this will be around MPP...
But since we have not much time till the end of the week and there are big events ahead, let's focus first on closest target:
jpy_d_09_10_13.png

On 4-hour chart market gradually is continuing to move up. Keep in mind first resitance number - 97.54. Also, we will get here K-resistance right around 98.11-98.15, since here 5/8 level is 98.15, while we also have major 3/8 that better could be seen on daily chart at 98.11 - that's also our minimum target of upward action on daily chart. Let's go futher...
jpy_4h_09_10_13.png

On hourly chart we also have a lot of useful data. First of all, take a look, how price action has developed yesterday - market has shown 5/8 retracement and accelerated up. That was also DRPO "Sell" by the way, if you've identified it, you're done well. Now market stands at extension up with AB=CD target at 97.50 - right at nearest resistance on 4-hour chart. Another Agreement right? Thus, after that some retracement should follow. So, think about taking profit, if you trade at short-term charts.
Also, second leg of AB=CD could be suitable for DiNapoli DRPO or B&B, market probalby will give us 2 more upward bars before will hit AB=CD target. So, we could see the repeating of situation with AB leg. Possible depth of retracement is K-support at 97.08-97.15. These levels have focus number right at AB=CD target, but not at current highs, so I've drawn them a bit in advance...Also, guys, I can't exclude that we could get minor retracement, some kind of B&B Buy, because CD leg is even steeper than AB, that steep itself. So market moves with acceleration. So, watch closely for that.
And finally - after that market should continue with upward action to 1.618 extension that stands at...97.93 - right at our 4-hour K-resistance and target of daily pattern. Interesting, right?
As usual, when retracement on hourly chart will start, we do not want to see nasty black candles that erase all move up with a blink of an eye. We need choppy moderate retracement.
jpy_1h_09_10_13.png

Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update Thu 10, October 2013

Good morning,
today we finally will return right back to discussion of EUR. JPY, by the way, has shown perfect retracement and confirmed our analysis, and now under way to it's target. So, you probably will finish with trade without my assistance...
At the same time, I do not see anything wrong with EUR, no negative surprises. Market also is developing in a row with our thoughts. Yesterday price has moved below engulfing and has triggered it. Following to trading rules of this pattern, the target standsa around 1.3440 area - daily K-support and previous highs. As we have untouched MPP very close to it - I can't exclude that price will make an attempt to reach it either:

eur_d_10_10_13.png

On 4-hour chart we also see some other targets, that stand in the same area. 1.27 Ultimate Butterfly target is slightly higher than MPP and 1.618 extension of AB=CD stands right at daily K-support. So we will have an Agreement there as well.
Also take a look that price is approaching to WPS1. So, may be market will hold for some time there...
eur_4h_10_10_13.png

And here, on hourly chart I would like to show you nice tool. Actually we've discussed it in Forex Military School, but I do not use it quite often. This is the way how Tom DeMark measure the target of trend line breakout. As we have upward slope trend line, that has been broken recently, target of breakout should be equal to maximum bounce of the price above trend line, when trend line was valid. Other words, reaction equals to counter reaction. So, DeMark thinks that price will move down the distance equals to maximum price deviation above trend line. And, take a look - 1.3436, the same target around daily K-support. Nice and simple tool, guys...
eur_1h_10_10_13.png

So, I hope that as EUR as JPY will reach targets on current week, since I can'd exclude that 15 and 16th of October will be days of silence for us, because it might be very risky to trade on these days, we'll see...

Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update Fri 11, October 2013

Good morning,
well, there is not much action across the board, guys and we can understand that. JPY has reached our target yesterday. On EUR, although price as shown move down, but yesterday doji has been formed and this was inside session as well. Now EUR has turned to some retracement, our target has not been met yet:

eur_d_11_10_13.png

As intraday charts show, current action looks more as retracment, rather than upward reversal. And in general, it is difficult to assume any tremendous action on Friday, prior to long weekend and at the eve of debt ceil.
On 4-hour chart, we can see this AB=CD and started retracement as we suggested yesterday - market could hold here a bit:
eur_4h_11_10_13.png

Hourly chart shows that bounce takes the shape of rising wedge, price action is choppy, so this is hardly upward reversal. Hence, if this is retracement then downward action should continue. Currently market is approaching to 1.3550-1.3560 hourly K-resistance, may be market will turn down from there. In general, this retracement is not too deep, it looks normal right after AB=CD target reaching.
eur_1h_11_10_13.png

Since guys, we're approaching to the edge where some drastical solutions should be done, think about contraction of positions, or at least tight stops. Very often breaking news could be released on weekend, especially from US government.

Last edited:
Thank you Mr. Sive,
You are doing a wonderful job in forex enlightenment. I want to ask, assuming that the US govt will not default, what will happen to EURUSD? Will the pair respond equities rally or will the USD be strengthened by such development? Thanks once again

Commander Sive
although i know you will not understand this but its a slang we use in my place to show great respect "twale baba" with my hands high above my shoulders.
you made a rather tricky situation simple

Hi Sive,
As always thanks for your work! As for fundamentals, guys, mark your calendar for the 11th of October (Friday)! This is the last day before congress goes on holiday on 14th. Most likely they will reach agreement on raising the debt ceiling and reopen the government on that day!

Sir ..Aud/USD divergence on daily.... i select monthly piviot as target.....

any views on it ?

Attachments

• audusddaily.png
    audusddaily.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 12
Thank you Mr. Sive,
You are doing a wonderful job in forex enlightenment. I want to ask, assuming that the US govt will not default, what will happen to EURUSD? Will the pair respond equities rally or will the USD be strengthened by such development? Thanks once again

Well, it depends on many events. First is, how soon government will rise ceil. If it will happen within few hours or even minutes before dead point, then it really could happen as you've described, since a lot of fear will be on market by this moment, hence strong relief will happen as well.
But, I suspect that major issue will be not a debt ceil but FOMC decision on QE. Stock market is overheat definitely, bubble should blow sooner or later. Thus, if they come to agreement on debt before 17th of October, and will announce contraction of QE, I suspect that this will lead as to stock market drop as to gold market drop. Read previous research on gold and EUR, where we have talked about neccesity of solid moves on financial markets.

Back