FOREX PRO WEEKLY September 02-06, 2013

Sive Morten

Special Consultant to the FPA
Monthly
On passed week market has continued gradual move down and as August candle has closed – it took the shape of failure upward breakout again and W&R of previous highs. With uncertainty around Syria it is difficult to suggest what will happen, but by taking a look at previous action we could make a conclusion that market should return right back to 1.29 area again. At least when market has failed to pass through upper border of current consolidation it has turned in opposite direction and reached other border of consolidation. May be this will happen again.
At the same time our longer term analysis remains the same, since market still stands inside flag consolidation. As we’ve said earlier, further direction will mostly depend on breakout. As a result, we could get either AB=CD down in area of yearly pivot support 1 or significant upward continuation. Yes, we have some bullish signs here – trend holds bullish, market has bounced up after testing yearly pivot point and that was not deep retracement after first challenge of 50% resistance, market has shown greater swing up, that has started in July 2012. All these moments are true, but direction will still depend on breakout, and it has failed 2 weeks ago. It means that we should be ready for some move inside the body of flag. As I’ve mentioned bullish signs here, I would like to point on single but significant bearish moment that could happen here. Usually when market shows reversal swing, it shows deeper retracement either, as a rule it takes a shape of some AB=CD. Thus, AB-CD action to the downside doesn’t seem unreal at all.

eur_m_02_09_13.png

Weekly
Situation on weekly chart relatively simple, mostly because we can say definitely that bullish trend has chances to appear again only if market will return right back above cleared out highs. Until this moment it is very difficult to find reasons take long position on weekly chart, although trend still holds bullish by MACD.
Now if we will take close look at previous candle, we will see not only W&R but also extended bearish engulfing, since market has erased 4-week upward action by just single one. Nearest level to watch for us potential destination is MPS1 at 1.3112. If you will take a look on contracted weekly chart, you’ll see that this area around 1.31 is also a historical support/resistance zone. Also market probably will show some retracement up, since it will open below new MPP and could show retracement to it on lower time frames. The way how market will response on MPP will also give us assistance in understanding of further action. Thus, as usual, if price will fail to move above MPP then this will become a confirmation of bearish sentiment here...
eur_w_02_09_13.png

Daily
So guys, yesterday market has hit second our target of greater stop grabber pattern, and price has pierced 1.32 area. As it is followed from weekly chart, our major working swing on coming week will be current move down, since this is a week of W&R of previous highs and until market will not move above its highs again, we will think that context is bearish. Trend here is bearish as well.
Right below the market stands solid support cluster. IT includes daily K-support area that has been tested already on Friday – 1.3168-1.3185, slightly lower stands daily oversold and MPS1. Also take a look – we have an Agreement with 1.618 extension of small AB=CD pattern down here. Thus, probably we should be ready for upward bounce as soon as market will reach the target. Most probable first destination of this retracement up is combination of MPP and WPP around 1.3264-1.3282 area. This picture gives opportunities as to positional traders as to scalpers. Positional ones will wait upward bounce and search chance to take short position, while scalpers probably will try to enter long by some reversal pattern on intraday chart as 1.618 target will be hit.
eur_d_02_09_13.png

4-hour
Trend is bearish here. I do not know, how to assess the results of H&S pattern that we’ve discussed on previous week, whether it has worked or not. But probably it is more worked rather than not, but judge about it by yourself. Here we have two patterns that has not quite reached the targets. Butterfly buy on top (special for you, guys), although I do not rely on butterfly “buy” on top, mostly because butterfly is reversal pattern and it could be upward reversal right at top. Anyway, the shape is the same. Second is – the same AB=CD down and market has not quite reached the 1.618 extension. You probably already know what I would say – until market will not hit it, it is unsafe to take long position here.
Second interesting moment here is thrust down. Although yesterday we’ve seen sideways action and thought that this could become start of DiNapoli directional pattern, but that has not happened. Despite this consolidation thrust is nice and absolutely suitable for directional pattern, because market has not reached any significant Fib level within this sideways action. Thus, it could happen that retracement up will still be started by some DiNapoli pattern when price will hit daily targets.
Finally take a look that combination of WPP and MPP is also a Fib resistance. Currently it is 3/8, but if market will drif slightly lower and hit target - 50% level could appear in this area.
eur_4h_02_09_13.png

Conclusion:
As on big picture market has failed to show upward breakout, this could lead price back to lower border of consolidation that stands around yearly pivot point and 1.29 area.
Meantime in short-term charts our trading plan suggests to wait when price will reach daily targets and then look for bounce up in area of agreement MPP and WPP. No doubts that scalpers could use this scenario for attempt to take long position based on possible reversal patterns that market could form around daily targets. Happy pips everybody on coming week. I hope that we will not become victims of rapid and unexpected moves on Syria question. This unfortunately stands out of our control. There will be Labor Day on Monday, market could be thin, and thus retracement could come a bit easier.

The technical portion of Sive's analysis owes a great deal to Joe DiNapoli's methods, and uses a number of Joe's proprietary indicators. Please note that Sive's analysis is his own view of the market and is not endorsed by Joe DiNapoli or any related companies.

EUR/USD Daily Update, Tue 03, September 2013

Good morning,
although yesterday was a bit lazy day and thin market due Labor Day in US, current week promises to be really tought - 5 central Bank meetings, NFP release and a lot of other data and just with 4 days...
Meantime, on EUR we see the action that we've talked about. As market has not quite reached 1.618 extension target of daily small AB-CD pattern, price probably will try to accomplish this. Also, this target gives us an Agreement with daily K-support area. So, second step should be some respect of this area:
eur_d_03_09_13.png

On 4-hour chart we have to significant moments. First is another pattern - wether to treat it as butterfly or not is up to you, but 1.27 extension of this pattern also could add some support to the same daily area. Second moment is a bearish dynamic pressure. Take a look how price creeps with MACDP line down, while MACD itself shows bull trend. This action suggests that market should accelerate down further and take out current lows. Probably this move could lead price directly to targets that we've specified.
eur_4h_03_09_13.png

And finally we have third part in the puzzle - reversal pattern, that could start retracement up. This is butterfly "buy" on hourly chart. Take a look, how extensions coincide as with AB=CD 1.618 daily target as with deeper 1.27 extension of 4-hour butterfly.
THis pattern could give us really tremendous risk/reward entry chance, since retracement probably will reach combination of WPP and MPP - that is also 50% resistance, that EUR likes so much. This area is marked on daily chart and stands around 1.3265-1.3285 range.
eur_1h_03_09_13.png

Thus, as you can see, market currently is not as boreing as it seems, depsite the weekend.

Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update, Wed 04, September 2013

Good morning,
so, market has hit all targets around, stands at solid daily K-support and Agreement. At the same time market has not tested yet as WPP as MPP. Thus, combining these two issues together, we probably can count on some bounce up.
Daily picture today is the same as yesterday. Here I have no new comments.
eur_d_04_09_13.png

On 4-hour chart we see that market has reached both targets - as AB=CD as Butterfly. Also, we have excellent example of bearish dynamic pressure, that we've discussed yesterday and it has done well. Now market has formed here bullish stop grabber and in general downward action seems a bit weaker and heavy. This probably the reaction on solid daily support that is a bit swampy for downward continuation. If market intends to show any bounce up soon, it probably should do this from this area, because there is no other support around that has same strength as current one.
eur_4h_04_09_13.png

On hourly chart we see our butterfly buy and it has reached the ultimate target that we've specified previously. Market shows nice bounce from support. Thus, if you've entered long yesterday as we've suggested, you can put stops to b/e. BTW, if you will drop time frame even more, then probably will see that market is forming nice reverse H&S pattern, say on 15 min. chart. Currently market also has a chance to form bullish stop grabber here - we'll see...
Speaking about the targets, they are the same. See color lines around 1.3260-1.3280 area - this is WPP and MPP, 1.618 ultimate target of butterfly around 1.3280 and the highest one is major 50% resistance. Thus, if current signs are really a retracement up, then price should show bounce right up to some of these levels.
eur_1h_04_09_13.png

Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update, Thu 05, September 2013

Good morning,
our happy from upward action on EUR was not as extended as we've expected. From the other point of view, it is not the time to speak about drastical bearish breakout yet. Market still stands around daily K-support and still could form some reversal patterns on intraday charts. Speaking shortly, until current low holds, chances for bounce up to pivots exist:

eur_d_05_09_13.png

On 4-hour chart I do not see anything interest by far. Yes, initial bounce up has happened and now market shows retracement back. Whatever reason for this retracement is, (Syria strike initial Senate approvement or something else), until market holds above 1.3145 lows, this still could be just retracement. Thus, one of the possible reversal patterns, that could appear here is DRPO "Buy".
Second moment - deep retracement is normal here - take a look at previous downward move, it was rather solid and strong and it momentum still presses on price.
eur_4h_05_09_13.png

On hourly chart we see two other possible patterns, although they do not exclude appearing of 4h DRPO as well, but they just a different kind of patterns. First one is reverse H&S pattern, if market will be able to hold around 5/8 Fib support.
But DRPO mostly suggests appearing of Double Bottom. This is also possible here.
eur_1h_05_09_13.png

So, let's see what will happen. All these patterns, and especially DRPO carry nice possibilities for trading.

Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update, Fri 06, September 2013

Good morning,
Well, guys, yesterday market has ereased all potential bullish patterns that theoretically had chance to appear around daily K-support area. As you can see, market now stands at an area of truth - combination of WPS1 and MPS1. Passing through it will tell us that we have to be ready for further downward action. If you remember, based on monthly analysis we've said, that most probable short-term destination is 1.29 area. May be market on a road to it.
Anyway, today is NFP. It has nice chances to be better than expected, since employment usually grows at the eve of "back-to-school" time and end of vacations period, but I do not know for sure:

eur_d_06_09_13.png

Right at current moment, personally I will be flat, because I do not want to take position right before NFP as long as short, although bullish factors for USD probably have more weight.

On 4-hour chart we see that market still has some blur chance to form another reverse H&S pattern, but I do not want to rely on this possibility, since there were too much moments of bullish failure on previous week. No bounce after hitting targets, all bullish patterns have either failed or not been formed (as DRPO yesterday). Now market stands below K-support and is passing through it without any respect by far. On Monday Congress probably will approve Syria strike and if NFP today will be solid then it could push dollar significantly higher and EUR/USD lower.
eur_4h_06_09_13.png

Since right now we do not have clear patterns to stick with and see only signs of dollar strength, I prefer to wait a bit. Situation on gold market confirms the same - downward action has great chances to continue. So it is not neccesary to take unreasonable risk right now. THat's just my 2cents.

Last edited:
ok well, this is it! somebody put a gun to my head next time i decide to trade the e/u again. bloody hell! i know you have to be patient, but this much?!! christ almighty! the damn pair barely moved for hours now.
am pulling the plug on the retrace up. and as soon as i say that and turn off my mac, what will happen? that's right. euro will rocket up! ;)

mmmhhh ... no wait... there seems to be some early signs of a pullback on shorter TFs.... i knew it!! you guys should use me as an indicator. every time i give up, you know it's time to stay in. ;)

ok well, this is it! somebody put a gun to my head next time i decide to trade the e/u again. bloody hell! i know you have to be patient, but this much?!! christ almighty! the damn pair barely moved for hours now.
am pulling the plug on the retrace up. and as soon as i say that and turn off my mac, what will happen? that's right. euro will rocket up! ;)

mmmhhh ... no wait... there seems to be some early signs of a pullback on shorter TFs.... i knew it!! you guys should use me as an indicator. every time i give up, you know it's time to stay in. ;)

hahaha!...don't beat up Triantus, happens to all. Also had a feeling that big daily butterfly had to complete at 1.3140...Euro better find it's way up right now OR ELSE....:rolleyes:

Am sooooo glad to read this Triantus have been thinking the same for months and not only the EU -i suppose it has to do with my expectations

and/or trying to control the market and hahahahaha and i have no influence what so ever- so ....back to the drawing board and wait and see

what the market brings me -ggggrrrrr telling myself it will all work out (hopefully coming my way :))

Hello,

well I think it could make another low; this 4H candle could be very sophisticated and hidden fractal for 4ED, I hope & expect, but above 1,31871 move up is open; move down should not even touch 1,3079 as 5ED or count will need reevaluation...

Good trading!

201309040945.jpg

10.10: potential Crab on 1H..

201309041010.jpg

Last edited:
that's why i am focusing more and more on gold... more volatile. but crazy. if some news suddenly comes out, and you don't know about it, you could suddenly be on the wrong side in less than a sec and have price gap over your stop. if broker is good though and they have the necessary liquidity on their book, their system will close your trade real fast so not too bad. but if they don't, you might get closed out 50 pips or worse than your SL!

this is why broker technical (servers and execution and matching engine) infrastructure and broker depth of book (dense/liquidity) need to be very good. or else. you know i am itching for a plug now... ;) but i won't.

Am sooooo glad to read this Triantus have been thinking the same for months and not only the EU -i suppose it has to do with my expectations

and/or trying to control the market and hahahahaha and i have no influence what so ever- so ....back to the drawing board and wait and see

what the market brings me -ggggrrrrr telling myself it will all work out (hopefully coming my way :))

Back