FOREX PRO Weekly September 05-09, 2011

looking at this chart again makes me realize i should have paid closer attention to that last butterfly sell. if i am not mistaken, according to theory, a valid butterfly sell can keep going until 127.2 retrace, right? that would be 1.3920.... can't remember if sive mentioned that level a couple weeks ago. anybody?

Can anyone tell me how to have this red line in meta4 like in Sive's chart ? Many thanks !

EUR_W_05_09_11.PNG

nicole

if i am not mistaken--sive pls correct me here--the line you're referring to is the diNapoli MACD overlayed on top of the chart?

if so, MT4 doesn't provide it. i tried to find it online but didn't. i found a bunch of other dinapoli inspired or reverse engineered indicators though. the detrended price oscillator seems to give better signals than williams' %R on H1 and longer time frames.

guys did you see the sudden jump from the 4070 area to 4121? dare i say shorts are covering? i sure hope so as my trades have been under water for longer than i care. alright mr market... onwards to 4270!

looking at this chart again makes me realize i should have paid closer attention to that last butterfly sell. if i am not mistaken, according to theory, a valid butterfly sell can keep going until 127.2 retrace, right? that would be 1.3920.... can't remember if sive mentioned that level a couple weeks ago. anybody?

Triantus on your chart there is no even single buttefly. All your markings are not butterflies - probably they are Gartley "222" patterns.

nicole

if i am not mistaken--sive pls correct me here--the line you're referring to is the diNapoli MACD overlayed on top of the chart?

if so, MT4 doesn't provide it. i tried to find it online but didn't. i found a bunch of other dinapoli inspired or reverse engineered indicators though. the detrended price oscillator seems to give better signals than williams' %R on H1 and longer time frames.

Yes, there is no such indicator for MT 4. This is DiNapoli MACD Predictor.

How do you use it? zero line crossing or in a more sophisticated way?
Thanks

i use it in conjunction with the BBs and Fractal indicator to identify the onset of swings. i look for divergences on the DPO whenever the price stops walking the bands. but i am looking for swings after a trend has been underway on H1 or H4 AND the Williams's Fractal indicator and Fractal levels must provide a signal that confirms BBs and DPO.

then i go all in and start burning incense and chanting. :D

Thx

...preparation of dollar abandoning policy and greatest fraud of all times

Now is your turn to prove that this was not the case...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Sive. I have no proof either way, that's why I asked you. It's a very interesting topic but it's hard to make predictions without a tangible lead.

Do you find a lot of independent traders / financial experts etc. who share your concerns that the US is secretly *intentionally* abusing its power at the expense of the rest of the world?

rubin hood

i have no proof either. let me 1st say that although i don't want to start en epic discussion re. this topic on this thread since obviously this is probably not the place, i feel compelled nonetheless to observe the following: isn't this a question of imputation? that is to say, is the debasement of the USD an unavoidable fact due to necessity, that is, the Fed having no other choice but to turn to QE, in which case no one is holding the hand of history.

OR was the whole affair engineered since the beginning? and by beginning i mean since the days of greespan as some economists have argued that the economics of productivity increase without a fundamental manufacturing base can only be sustained in the short term by unsustainable credit inflation, hence the various bubbles we have seen popping over the past decade. some even argue that without the Fed's credit favorable policies the real economy would have, if not collapsed, at least taking a serious downturn not in 2008, but back in the 90s already. hence greespan and co.'s efforts to boost it artificially. and now we are facing the end game.

if i may recommend a good book that helps frame this topic in a more articulate way, read cambridge economics scholar ha-joon chang's book '23 Things They Don't Tell You About Capitalism'. also joseph stiglitz, paul krugman, and nouriel roubini will help fill in the picture.

but personally, i believe necessity was a convenient accomplice. ;-)

Back