FOREX PRO WEEKLY September 09-13, 2013

Sive Morten

Special Consultant to the FPA
Monthly
On passed week market has continued gradual move down and as August candle has closed – it took the shape of failure upward breakout again and W&R of previous highs. With uncertainty around Syria it is difficult to suggest what will happen, but by taking a look at previous action we could make a conclusion that market should return right back to 1.29 area again. At least when market has failed to pass through upper border of current consolidation it has turned in opposite direction and reached other border of consolidation. May be this will happen again. On Monday there will be Congress voting on Syria strike and price action on passed week was mixed, especially after weaker NFP release. Still, major impact on USD was not due August data but due revising of July data down for ~60K employment.
At the same time all this stuff has not hit significantly our longer term analysis and mostly it remains the same, since market still stands inside flag consolidation. As we’ve said earlier, further direction will mostly depend on breakout. As a result, we could get either AB=CD down in area of yearly pivot support 1 or significant upward continuation. Yes, we have some bullish signs here – trend holds bullish, market has bounced up after testing yearly pivot point and that was not deep retracement after first challenge of 50% resistance, market has shown greater swing up, that has started in July 2012. All these moments are true, but direction will still depend on breakout, and it has failed in August. It means that we should be ready for some move inside the body of flag. As I’ve mentioned bullish signs here, I would like to point on single but significant bearish moment that could happen here. Usually when market shows reversal swing, it shows deeper retracement either, as a rule it takes a shape of some AB=CD. Thus, AB-CD action to the downside doesn’t seem unreal at all.

eur_m_09_09_13.png

Weekly
Guys, I find again and again that patience is a most valuable tool of trader and we do not have such issue as “missed the chance”. Sometimes on first glance it seems that all is lost and you’re out of the market if you wait, but in reality it could become a better chance. Here is again. On Friday we’ve said, that we do not have clear signals and patterns, market is coiling inside of support cluster and anything could happen. Thus, our recomendation was stay flat. Now we probably could get our patience prize. Just take a look what we have on weekly chart – bullish stop grabber right at 50% support (EUR prefferable level) and MPS1. What else do we need?
I think that additional comments here will be excessive, since you probably understand this setup well. I just add here that we have three major clues that will be difficult to overestimate. First is – we have direction and it’s up. Second – we know our working swing and invalidation point. This is a range of previous week and finally third – we know the target. This is previous highs that should be outcome due stop grabber nature – 1.3450 area. Really the royal gift from the market. Hope, that it will not fail (lol). Let’s see how we could play this situation...
eur_w_09_09_13.png

Daily
Well, daily chart is not very useful for us by far. Mostly because we already know the setup from weekly chart and here we do not have any additional information – now patterns, signals etc. Thus, here I just draw pivot points for coming week, I know that you watch for the numbers and want to make just minor note. Price probably will open around WPP. Within the coming week action around WPP and mostly MPR1 will have significant meaning for us. The point is since we expect extended move up, we prefer to get some confirmation from price action. One of these confirmations could become a breakout above MPR1. This will just prove us the serious of market intention to go higher. That’s why we probably will close monitor for weekly pivots on coming week. Second, there will be not a tragedy if market will show some bounce inside the body of weekly grabber pattern, even if this will happen below WPP. Our major point here is current low – it has to survive. Otherwise stop grabber will fail as the whole bullish setup, based on it. Later on the week, we surely want to see price move above WPP, no doubts.
eur_d_09_09_13.png

4-hour
Finally we need last part of puzzle – reversal pattern and our entry. Trend has shifted bullish here. We have nice looking bullish divergence right at solid support. This is the kind of divergence that I like, since not any divergence has the same degree of relation and quality. And, guys, currently I see only one possible patterns and this is reverse 1.27 H&S. May be later we will get something different, but currently I do see nothing else.
eur_4h_09_09_13.png

60-min
Here is the chart that needs some explanations, since I do not post such ones very often in researches. As we suggest that this could be H&S pattern, then some harmony of it should hold, I suppose. Thus, when market will reach neckline it should show some retracement down thus to match the right shoulder 1.27 to head, right? By current view it should be somewhere around 1.3135-1.3140 area.
Hence, we have two chances to take long position. Stop order will be the same – below the head. First chance is if market will show some retracement down right at the open on Moday. This is the first couple of Fib levels and it is based on real most recent swing up. This entry is prefferable, since you will be able to manage it as you want, if market will move up to the neckline.
Second chance is to enter when right shoulder will start to form. In this case we will keep an eye on second couple of Fib levels that is based on suggested swing up right to the neckline. Guys, do not follow this picture pips to pips – just follow the common sense. I just point here approximate trading plan. For example, market could move slightly higher or slightly lower than neckline drawn by me, price could retrace not right to 1.3135, but may be to 50% support around 1.3150. I suppose you’ve got the point.
But overall action and setup is very thrilling and definitely worthy of our attention. Let’s see what will happen. As beginning of the week carries a lot of surprises – do not be too stubborn in following with our pictures, keep your mind open. If, say, market will start to fall like a stone, this is not probably “deep” retracement, this probably a miserable plunge and it is not time to enter long. When reversal pattern is forming, we would like to see gradual movement.
eur_1h_09_09_13.png

Conclusion:
As on big picture market has failed to show upward breakout, this could lead price back to lower border of consolidation that stands around yearly pivot point and 1.29 area, since this is a common action in such situations. However, weekly chart has formed intriguing pattern that could change this practice. Weekly stop grabber will be our major object on coming week.

The technical portion of Sive's analysis owes a great deal to Joe DiNapoli's methods, and uses a number of Joe's proprietary indicators. Please note that Sive's analysis is his own view of the market and is not endorsed by Joe DiNapoli or any related companies.

EUR daily Update, Tue 10, September 2013

Good morning,
As financial markets have got some relief on Syria question, external outside pressure eases and EUR again stands on its own. This lets market to take some brief and show upward action that we've discussed in weekly analsys.
On daily time frame it is not much to add. Market has passed through WPR1 that could be treated as a hint on possible upward continuaion and challenge for short-term trend shifting to bullish. Market now is testing MPP and some retracement down is possible. We will try to use it for long entry:

eur_d_10_09_13.png

On 4-hour chart we see that trend is strongly bullish and market stands not only at MPP but also at major 50% resistance level. Since this upward reversal swing, we can count on some retracement

eur_4h_10_09_13.png

On hourly chart we see two major isues for today. Fist is nice support area around 1.3210-1.3215 level, that is also previously broken resistance. That is also 50% support of most recent thrust up btw (not shown). And second moment - we have acceptable setup for DRPO "Sell" right at daily resistance and MPP. If it will be confirmed then it's target will be precisely 1.3215 level. So, watch this setup closely. Recall that our target is previous daily highs.
eur_1h_10_09_13.png

Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update, Wed 11, September 2013

Good morning,
on daily time frame is nothing to add. Yesterday session was very small-ranged and has become an inside day. Market continues to coil around resistance of MPP. Target is still the same by far - previous highs and invalidation point is previous lows. Shortly speaking we still work with weekly bullish stop grabber:

eur_d_11_09_13.png

On 4-hour chart situation is also almost the same. Market already has tested resistance once, and not it makes the second attempt.
eur_4h_11_09_13.png

Most interesting for us is hourly chart. Although market has tried to start move down with DRPO "Sell", and it has even reached nearest 3/8 Fib support but later has turned up and returned right back to resistance level. Now we have small detail - W&R of previous swing high. And such sort of W&R is very common for Double Top patterns (DT). Although it quite rare could be seen on EUR and I honestly do not remember when I've seen it last time, but context for such pattern exists - we at resistance, market has formed reversal swing, so solid retracement should happen.
If it will be DT indeed, then target will stand around 1.3175-1.3190 area - 50-61,8% levels.
But there other possible patterns here as well. For instance, as market shows higher lows with testing resistance, may be it could become a wedge.
Anyway, we need this pattern only as tool for retracement that could give us chance to take long position. If market suddenly will pass through resistance and continue move up, then we will start to search other possibilities...
eur_1h_11_09_13.png

Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update Thu 12, September 2013

Good morning,
Although market shows flawless bullish action with our weekly idea, we still can't finally get our retracement - solid enough to take entry at attractive levels. Every retracement that was made within a week was rather shy. Now market has hit 5/8 resistance level on daily and take a look - move above MPP.
The target is still the same here, but if we will use Fib work, we will get another one - 0.618 extension from daily AB=CD at 1.3530 area. May be market will hit it as well...
Next resistance here is MPR1 at 1.3391 and who knows, may be we will finally get our bounce down today:

eur_d_12_09_13.png

On 4-hour chart, since market just has reached resistance, we do not have any clues yet to whether any retracement will happen and how deep it could be. So, we need some time to get something - AB=CD, butterfly or any pattern that could hint on possible retracement depth. But briefly looking, probably 1.3240 level could become the one that we're searching for. On hourly chart we probably could get K-support around it...
eur_4h_12_09_13.png

Also watch for possible stop grabbers here - if we will get bullish one (as it was just some bars before), this could lead to further upward appreciation, so we may use them for entry either.

Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update Fri 13, September 2013

Well,
this was rather active week, market has shown nice appreciation and some investors could start profit taking today. May be particular this action we're seeing currently, at least EUR is showing something that we've expected to see - visible retracement on daily chart. We even have something looks like hang man pattern. So, may be we will finally get our entry chance at acceptable level:

eur_d_13_09_13.png

On 4 hour chart I see nothing special, except, may be trend - it has turned bearish.
eur_4h_13_09_13.png

Thus, most interesting for us is hourly chart. First, we have divergence here right at daily resistance. Second, yesterday we've discussed DT pattern, since small W&R at second top is very typical action for this pattern. Anyway, I do not see anything else by far. May be later we will get something different. If this will be so, then market should reach 1.32 area - 50%-61.8% support levels. And as it is followed by overall situaion, this moves looks logical. Market at resistance, stands with reversal swing and has not shown any solid retracement by far. So, may be this will be it. Let's see.
eur_1h_13_09_13.png

Thus, for daily traders - we will wait when and how this retracement will finish. For scalpers, if you search possibility to enter short - take a look, may be this pattern will appear to be useful for you...

Last edited:
Pending outcome of QE taper decision I suspect market may consolidate within the range of 5th Sept bearish candle. Fingers crossed.

Hi Georgeta,
Hm, at my taste this is still engulfing. For pierce we need some greater difference between close and open prices of candles and here they are almost equal

Hello,

today I decided for H12 TF; ATM this is my prefered count; we already hit 100% lenght of 2 but I expect to establish upper fractal on H12 and then to go down into 5th of ED; just touching upper chammel line will change the picture and then higher bullish move is expected; my analysis based on very overlaping waves in this ED structure; I cant find this last up move from 1,31037 as motive wave so I belive my count is ok and new LL, just for few pips and 3Drive Buy shape is to expect...

Good trading!

201309090835.jpg

Last edited:
Changed direction, sold twice, first trade was THE mistake because of deconcentration but risk of both is less than 1%; so, if my count is correct new LL follows but is limited @ 1,30785, where I expect up move...

Good trading!

201309091145.jpg

correction of risk, it is less than 1%

Last edited:
Back