FOREX PRO Weekly September 19-23, 2011

Hi Sive! Thanks for the analysis! I have a practical question. I see a butterfly buy pattern on 5 min chart, but I am not sure if it is valid one! Do you think is a valid pattern and if it is what would be the potential target?
9222011144139.png

Hey Sive, please ignore that post as the attached image is not visible...

EUR/USD Daily Update, Fri 23, September 2011

Good morning,

On daily time frame market has reached 1.27 extension of our butterfly patern and shows some upward retracement. Still, currently I can't either confirm or deny that this retracement due buttefly. From one point of view this is upmove right from the target level of butterfly, but from another - the way how this move is developing is not so impressive.

So, personally I prefer to see some clear signs from the market before making a gudgement about future price move.

On 4 hour chart we see some kind of stop grabber, that potentially could lead price to new lows. Also if you will draw simple MACD you will see nice bullish divergence in that area.
Still this move up could be just respect of reaching AB-CD target. That's why I prefer to assess first the price action around 1.3590-1.3635 K-area. IF market will not be able to break it - then it probably will continue to 1.618 target of Butterfly. Also it will form "222" "Sell" pattern. In that case we will have to search possibilities to enter short.
IF it will break it to upside, then may be Butterfly really has started to work.
But if you want to Buy right from here due Butterfly pattern - you have to place stop below 1.618 extension of Butterfly.

Even if market will continue move down, and I will not catch it, I will not be upset, since it's not too far till 1.618 target of butterfly, but this will give me much safer possibility to enter long with tighter stop.

Anyway this was a really big week, so to make some rest during blurring environment on the market is what we have to do...

Attachments

• EUR_D_23_09_11.PNG
    EUR_D_23_09_11.PNG
    39.1 KB · Views: 146
  • EUR_4H_23_09_11.PNG
    EUR_4H_23_09_11.PNG
    47.3 KB · Views: 149
  • EUR_4H1_23_09_11.PNG
    EUR_4H1_23_09_11.PNG
    40.8 KB · Views: 150
  • EUR_1H_23_09_11.PNG
    EUR_1H_23_09_11.PNG
    41.3 KB · Views: 150
Hi Sive, what would potential target be on 1.270 butterfly buy pattern? Thank you!

hey mickme

Hey mickme,

just out of curiosity, why didnt you order the book from fibtrader.com?

yousuf.

Thanks

Hi Sive,

Thanks again, I made some great pips this week. I appreciate your work and look forward to your analysis each day even though I may not post often.

Do you have some good sources for the Joe D. analysis? (books or similar, is it available on amazon.com) Do you use his technique exclusively (are there other methods you employ?), thanks.

Hey mickme,
I'm glad that I could help.

Anyone could tell me, if I'm correct in seeing a Gartley "222" buy pattern on 1h chart?
Thank you!

Attachments

• possible_gartley_eurusd_1h.jpg
    possible_gartley_eurusd_1h.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Hey mickme,
I'm glad that I could help.

Anyone could tell me, if I'm correct in seeing a Gartley "222" buy pattern on 1h chart?
Thank you!

Hi arobi,

I think your 222 maybe workable.

For quick reference, just look at the picture attached. But the more important thing to me is market psychology during any harmonic pattern appear because as far as I know, harmonic pattern is more to market fear and greed. With my less experience, I think very often harmonic pattern fail during very strong trend.

Also, of course you can deny the importance of the pattern structure itself.

Anyway, I suggest you to read 'Trade What You See' book by Larry Pesavento and Leslie Jouflas. This will help you a lot dealing with harmonic pattern.

I just try to help a bit with my poor knowledge.;)

Thanks and Best Regards.

Attachments

• harmonic pattern.jpg
    harmonic pattern.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 68
Hi yousuf,

Well I live in EU and it looks like Jason Bone is Joe authorised retailer and trainer for EU.
Just have a look at his website.

Back