Forex Signal (Wednesday, Jan 20, 07:00 am EST) Canadian CPI m/m

Crazy Cat

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hi there,

This is Crazy Cat writing.

On Wednesday, Jan 20th (07:00 am New York Time) we will have Canadian CPI m/m coming out. It is expected to read 0.2. Last month it read 0.4.

Please read what this indicator means and how it affects the USD/CAD by going to this link: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/economic-indicator-descriptions/7508-canadian-cpi.html

The trigger for this indicator is 999. This means that if Canadian CPI m/m comes out at 999.2 or higher, USD/CAD will probably go down by 30 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report. If it comes out at -998.8 or less, USD/CAD will probably go up by 30 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report.

WHAT? A 999 trigger? What the...? Yes! That basically means a NO TRADE guaranteed! That means I am not going to enter a trade with any trigger.

WHY? Here are two reasons:

1) I never traded that report, I don't trust it, and it's crappy.

2) I guess you need a proof. Well, last month we had everything higher than expected by 0.2 - so it should be a nice trade, right? USD/CAD went down by 15 pips and then reversed. See for yourself what happened on this chart: Forex news trading currency exchange charts

I have been in this business for a long time, so please trust me on this: you don't want to trade it. But if you must, always feel free....

I highly recommend you study the entire history and charts of this report by following this link: Forex News Trading | Details and History for CAD Core CPI m/m

I hope you will not lose money on this report.
-Crazy Cat

Last edited by a moderator:
News Results

I have been using Forex Factory to get the news results before entering the trade. However, they seem to take anywhere from 3 to 5 minutes to get the news posted and I am missing out on a lot of pips. Does anyone know of a site that gets the news posted quicker so we can enter the trade earlier. Thanks!

[QUOTE = Jim Harper; 28.326] Sto usando Factory Forex per ottenere i risultati di notizie prima di entrare in commercio. Tuttavia, essi sembrano richiedere da 3 a 5 minuti per avere le notizie inviato e mi manca su un sacco di semi. Qualcuno sa di un sito che riceve la notizia posted più veloce in modo che possiamo entrare nel marchio anteriore. Grazie! [/ QUOTE]

I also believe that the news arrives with a delay not indifferent! Someone is holding some site news in real time?? Thanks

Thanks Cracy Cat for news alert.. I will observe each currency strength meter which I will trade

Hm,

but strange I see different figures on the economic calendar here on forexpeacearmy!!! Here the expectation is -0,2, whereas in your description the expectation is 0.2. I also found different figures on Forex Factory where the expectation is -0.1 vs. previous month figure of 0.5.
What is correct now?

Back