• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss ForexCashProtector.com

General discussions of a financial company
parameters hidden, no backtesting allowed

I just installed version 3.0. One day gone by & no trades. I noticed they have hidden many of the parameters in this version that fpa had as non-standard values (not default & different from what they have in their presets for v 2) for their test. Furthermore, you can't do a backtest on this thing.

fpa parameters:

Settings:
Lots=1.00000000
TakeProfit=50.00000000
Slippage=3.00000000
StopLoss=0.00000000
AutoGMT=1
GMT_Offset=2
OptimizedLots=1
MaxRisk=8.50000000
FRLots=0
RiskTolerance=2
MaxDrawDown=30.00000000
AllowScaling=1
AutoClose=1
smp=12.00000000
fmp=5.00000000
rp=22.00000000
TrailingStop=0.00000000
TakeProfitPercent=0.40000000
AutoTrailAtProfit=1
AutoTrailBy=65.00000000
TradeFriday=1
TradeDecember=1
ShowHiddenStop=1

I have it on a 5 minute chart where I've noticed the spread it's quoting doesn't update from the time the ea is loaded & is wrong. It doesn't seem to be working. But to be thorough, I'll give this a week on forward demo test before getting a refund.

This ea gets an "F" for transparency. It's a complete blackbox with parameters unavailable & no backtesting allowed. No way to tell whether it's working properly or not. How anybody could trust this thing with real money is beyond belief.

Total bad news.

Last edited:
I just installed version 3.0. One day gone by & no trades. I noticed they have hidden many of the parameters in this version that fpa had as non-standard values (not default & different from what they have in their presets for v 2) for their test. Furthermore, you can't do a backtest on this thing.

fpa parameters:

Settings:
Lots=1.00000000
TakeProfit=50.00000000
Slippage=3.00000000
StopLoss=0.00000000
AutoGMT=1
GMT_Offset=2
OptimizedLots=1
MaxRisk=8.50000000
FRLots=0
RiskTolerance=2
MaxDrawDown=30.00000000
AllowScaling=1
AutoClose=1
smp=12.00000000
fmp=5.00000000
rp=22.00000000
TrailingStop=0.00000000
TakeProfitPercent=0.40000000
AutoTrailAtProfit=1
AutoTrailBy=65.00000000
TradeFriday=1
TradeDecember=1
ShowHiddenStop=1

I have it on a 5 minute chart where I've noticed the spread it's quoting doesn't update from the time the ea is loaded & is wrong. It doesn't seem to be working. But to be thorough, I'll give this a week on forward demo test before getting a refund.

This ea gets an "F" for transparency. It's a complete blackbox with parameters unavailable & no backtesting allowed. No way to tell whether it's working properly or not. How anybody could trust this thing with real money is beyond belief.

Total bad news.

I agree with you completely.

Well Well,I already copy and paste and send email to them ,just wait for their answer.If they still no answer to me.My advise is,Get the refund,because as an Affilate,I also cannot let this EA go wrong to my client.

any thing happen please email me or post a reply here faster.

regards,Yap Kah Yong.

Well many of us trying to find a good EA with low price .I got one very good EA to introduce,but the price is too high for some people,is 269USD.

But before u check the price,please check the product benefits --it contain 20 Neural Network.

Metatrader Expert Advisors | Metatrader EA | EA Sigma

NOTE: EA sigma are not from Click bank,click bank do not have Quality Control. EA sigma are from Plimus with high Quality Control.

Last edited:
contacted support directly and via clickbank

Two different ways. Put this through clickbank as well to start laying the groundwork for a refund in case they challenge it.

Even if this thing does work, if it's not doing something to convince me it's working & displaying incorrect, frozen information (e.g., spread) in the data window, that's a problem. There is no evidence to suggest that it is working properly, and that incorrect information display is evidence it is not. I also have some real heartburn over the way they've hidden parameters and deliberately made it impossible to backtest. The whole thing creates a huge credibility gap, no matter what FPA testing says. In fact, the program authors have managed to invalidate that testing & make it irrelevant ***BECAUSE OF WHAT THEY'VE DONE***!!! I no longer have access to those parameters, have no idea what's being used and whether it corresponds with what FPA used in their testing. So, as far as I'm concerned, that testing no longer exists.

Last edited:
Two different ways. Put this through clickbank as well to start laying the groundwork for a refund in case they challenge it.

Even if this thing does work, if it's not doing something to convince me it's working & displaying incorrect, frozen information (e.g., spread) in the data window, that's a problem. There is no evidence to suggest that it is working properly, and that incorrect information display is evidence it is not. I also have some real heartburn over the way they've hidden parameters and deliberately made it impossible to backtest. The whole thing creates a huge credibility gap, no matter what FPA testing says. In fact, the program authors have managed to invalidate that testing & make it irrelevant ***BECAUSE OF WHAT THEY'VE DONE***!!! I no longer have access to those parameters, have no idea what's being used and whether it corresponds with what FPA used in their testing. So, as far as I'm concerned, that testing no longer exists.

one of my experience client said that,FXCP will not trade for now because market recently are side way,FXCP not a scalper,it looks for a clear trend.

if some of them dun like trend EA,u can refund this EA and buy EA Sigma.

Looking for some clarity, not a scalper

one of my experience client said that,FXCP will not trade for now because market recently are side way,FXCP not a scalper,it looks for a clear trend.

if some of them dun like trend EA,u can refund this EA and buy EA Sigma.

I would prefer the system I use NOT be a scalper. If it trades with the trend, then great. If it only trades once a week, that's fine.

However, I'm also looking for a system that is fully disclosed. If it's going to be a blackbox, I at least want access to the input parameters & a testing history from a place like FPA, so I can hope to replicate what they've done. I would like some sort of feedback from the system (bouncing ball, valid spread that changes in the data window, ea tapping its foot, whatever) to lead me to believe it's actually working.

Instead we have here, a system where the input parameters have been deliberately hidden from us, which has been deliberately made not to be backtested, which doesn't trade very often if at all, and where the only datum the ea puts out on the chart I can verify is factually incorrect. What am I supposed to say to that??

No answer from support

But I did get this in my email:

We at FXCP are constantly improving our products and services. This is why we will be setting up an online chat service which would be available to Fxcp Members only. This is the first time in FXCP’s history that we will be communicating real time with our clients.

This service will be available to you on Wednesdayy, January 12, 2011 & starts at 12 am central/ 6 am GMT. You would be able to express your concerns, issue, recommendations & receive real time feedback for one hour.

Sincerely,
Oliver Johnson

I may not still be running this thing in a week, if it sits there like a pet rock in my demo account as it has been for that length of time. Nevertheless, this may be a step in the right direction.

I still have grave misgivings about this system, however, as noted above.

I would prefer the system I use NOT be a scalper. If it trades with the trend, then great. If it only trades once a week, that's fine.

However, I'm also looking for a system that is fully disclosed. If it's going to be a blackbox, I at least want access to the input parameters & a testing history from a place like FPA, so I can hope to replicate what they've done. I would like some sort of feedback from the system (bouncing ball, valid spread that changes in the data window, ea tapping its foot, whatever) to lead me to believe it's actually working.

Instead we have here, a system where the input parameters have been deliberately hidden from us, which has been deliberately made not to be backtested, which doesn't trade very often if at all, and where the only datum the ea puts out on the chart I can verify is factually incorrect. What am I supposed to say to that??

yes,your are right,i am stand on the same side with u,i dun like black box.

Back