• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss ForexGrowthBot.com (Eugene Lipinsky)

General discussions of a financial company
Trading Results Depend on your Broker

Can someone publish the input parameters that are being used on the live account shown here on the Forex Growth Bot Expert Advisor Real Test? Awesome profit factor and low drawdown.

I want to back test and see if I can replicate the same results before going live with my account. I tried back testing the default parameters and the results were not the same. Thanks!
==================================================
I have Forex Growth Bot running on two brokers test accounts Think Forex and Alpari.

Alpari at the end of this week 20/02/2011 had trades open with a profit of £250.
Think Forex had closed all trades of this week 20/02/2011 with a profit of £125.00
Both test accounts started with a Balance of £5000.

Quite a diffence in activity.

If I do decide to Trade Forex Growth Bot live I will be checking the trades and closing profitable trades by the end of trading Friday.

Still no KEY

Hi,

How long did it take you guys to get the license KEY for this product?

My Trial has expired and I still haven't gotten my key after requesting it last Friday... Made me miss a few profitable trades last Friday which should have made up for this EAs consecutive losses...

Hi,

How long did it take you guys to get the license KEY for this product?

My Trial has expired and I still haven't gotten my key after requesting it last Friday... Made me miss a few profitable trades last Friday which should have made up for this EAs consecutive losses...

If I remember well, you have 10 days of free trial before your bot stops working.
It didn't take more than two days till I had the key.

Never mind, support sent me the input parameters for the live account:

"We are using non US broker so FIFO = false if you are using US broker you have to use FIFO= true.

Assign sl and tp =false

Lot size = .06

Everything default."

I back tested for profit factor and the results are no where near what the live results are showing on the Forex Peace Army Live account. Can someone else try back testing this and see what results they get compared to what the live statement shows? Even after optimizing several times the best profit factor I can get i2 2.46 and no where near the same number of trades or ending balance. What is Forex Peace Army doing that we are not on this live statement/account?

Thanks.

I would not worry too much about back tests!
It's today's results which either put money into, or take money out of our accounts.
I was once 21 years old, I never will be again, no matter how much I try!

Last edited:
Just setup FGB

Just bought a copy of FGB 12hrs ago, and loaded and configured on a $500 100:1 trial account with ThinkForex.
No trades for the last few days it seems, but I'll keep you posted on the results!

Last edited:
Just bought a copy of FGB 12hrs ago, and loaded and configured on a $500 100:1 trial account with ThinkForex.
No trades for the last few days it seems, but I'll keep you posted on the results!

If you did everything right, you must now have 4 long trades.

from my experience with this EA its not necessary to have the same # of trades or to trade in the same directions. It varries from broker to broker.

even with these differences it make profit.

Good luck to all of us.

Well... a number of things happened.
First - I didn't only configure it for EURUSD, I set it on all the currencies available to me to trade. It executed 14 trades, and 13 were winning trades at the time I went to bed. I let it run overnight to see what would happen by morning, and indeed in the morning I found out that my connection had dropped out about 30 mins after I went offline, so it was all sour.

So far during this London session, I have duplicated my setup from last night except that last session I was running on M15 graphs, now on M5 graphs. It has so far entered 23 trades, and only 4 have been winning trades.

Lesson - M15 seems to be the most efficient graph to work from for this EA.

Further to that, I noted the comments of several users who said this EA is great at picking the trades but doesn't TP very efficiently. In light of that, I will watch the bot for the next 10hrs or so and see exactly how it performs in that respect. I don't particularly mind even if I manually set a TP on each trade at +5pips or so - if it can get the direction right substantially more often than not I'll be well ahead (as long as not too many are JPY trades!).

Will update again soon...

from my experience with this EA its not necessary to have the same # of trades or to trade in the same directions. It varries from broker to broker.

even with these differences it make profit.

Good luck to all of us.

How long have you been using it Jassim? On what pair/s? On M15, or other?

Back