• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss ForexTester.com

General discussions of a financial company
What is the difference between the History and the Testing mode of Forex Tester?

The History mode is the one that is designed to prepare the data for backtesting: you can download the data from our server or from a file on your computer, analyze its quality and generate the ticks.
But to start the test you have to go to the Testing mode that gives all the tools for backtesting: indicators, EAs, graphic instruments and so on.

How can I change the update frequency of the chart?

It can be done with the help of the dropdown list that is just to the right from the testing speed scrollbar.
For example, you set the first dropdown menu at 1 hour and the second at 5 minutes.
In this case you will see 12 changes of the price because an hour has 12 5-minute periods.

How can I open an account in Forex Tester?

There is no need to open an account in Forex Tester.
You just start the test and you will have 1,000 dollars on your virtual deposit.
If you want to increase or decrease this value then you can do it in "Orders → Deposit / Withdraw money".

How to change the properties of a particular currency pair (spread, lot size, leverage etc.)?

Please go to History Mode, open Data Center, select necessary pair (for example, EURUSD),
click "Change properties" button and change necessary values in appeared window.

Then click "OK" and generate ticks to see these changes in Testing Mode.

Does Forex Tester support partial closing?

Yes, Forex Tester allows partially closing orders.
To close the part of position please right-click on the order in the "Terminal" window and select "Close part of position" item.
In addition, you can use hot keys for this purpose. Just click on the order and press Ctrl + F5 buttons combination to partially close the order.

Can I test historical data on weekends?

Yes, Forex Tester is a stand alone program so you can use it for backtesting the strategies even if the market is closed.

What is tick data?

Tick data is the data that displays all the changes of the price.
For example, the price changed 36 times during one minute.
If you use 1-min data then you will see only 4 prices of this bar: open, high, low and close.
If you use the tick data then in this particular case you will notice all 36 changes.
The tick data gives you an opportunity to backtest the strategy as if you are trading on a real market.
This type of data is a must for all scalping strategies. Also it is very useful for medium- and long-term strategies for getting the most qualitative results.

Can I use my own data and not the one Forex Tester provides?

Although we provide good data for backtesting we allow clients of Forex Tester to use the data from their own sources.

I have a live account with "X" broker and I want to test my strategy in a most precise way. Can I do this using Forex Tester?

If your broker is in the list of the data we have, you can get the data from our source.
If it is not then you need to download it on an external one and then import it into Forex Tester.
We also give an opportunity to change all the settings of the testing: spreads, lot sizes, digits after point, minimum distance to price, swaps, margins, hedged margin so you will get the most accurate backtesting results.

How can I activate my data service?

After you have purchased the data please go to "Help -> Activate Data Service -> Fill the form and click "Submit" button.

Back