• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss ForexTester.com

General discussions of a financial company
Can I test long-term strategies in Forex Tester 2?

Yes, you can.
You can download the data for the last 14 years for free and test the strategies on such a long period of time.
It is definitely enough data range for you to understand if the strategy is a profitable one or not.

Can I test scalping strategies?

Yes, you can test scalping strategies in case you have got tick data.
You need to subscribe for a VIP subscription type for this purpose because scalping strategies are very sensitive to the price changes, even the smallest ones.
We update this data every day (i.e. you can download data for the previous day). You can read more about subscription types here: http://www.forextester.com/HistoryServiceDescription

I'm using the strategy that is based on volumes. Can I test it in your program?

Forex Tester supports tick volumes only.
Subscribe to the VIP data service to get reliable tick volume information.

Can I backtest the strategies based on Fibonacci levels?

Of course you can.
There are the full range of Fibonacci tools built in Forex Tester: retracements, extensions, arcs, fan and time zones.
This whole package will let you test any Forex strategy related to Fibo levels.

What Windows versions Forex Tester is compatible with?

With Windows 2000 and higher (Windows 2000, 2003, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10). Forex Tester is not compatible with Windows 95/98/Me.

Can Forex Tester work on Apple Macintosh computer?

It cannot work under Apple operation system, but can work if you install Windows on this computer or run some Windows simulation software (VM Ware, for example).

Can I test Expert Advisers and indicators from MetaTrader with your software?

No. The only software where you can use them is MetaTrader itself.
But those experts and indicators can be rewritten by a programmer into ForexTester format using Forex Tester API libraries.

Can I open several pending orders at once?

Yes, Forex Tester has such a feature. Make use of "Orders → Place Pending orders" (or you can use the "Ctrl + O" hotkeys).
Then you can set the parameters of the future pending orders.
This feature is extremely useful for Martingale strategies because it helps you to place a bunch of pre-defined orders in a click of the mouse.

Can I switch Forex Tester to my native language?

Yes, you can if your native language is Russian, Spahish, German, Japanese, Chinese, French Hungarian or Polish.
You can do that in "Tools → Language" menu of the program.

Can I reorganize the chart appearance?

You can do that with a right-click on the chart and choosing the "Color Scheme" tab.
There you will have plenty of different options to change the look of the chart.

Back