FPA Introduces EA Performance Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
ForexGreenBot

I have the GreenBot running on Alpari-(us) MT4 for 4 week's. First week did not work at all. Support said there was an 103 error so they sent me an updated version along with the manuals which I did not get on my original download. Second week did great, third week gave it all back and this week is down 35 pips. In the 4 weeks I have had this EA it has had three version, the original and two up dates. Support is fast so I give them credit for try to fix the problems. Now if they can just get this GreenBot to turn out some green we will be very happy.....

Richard

ForexGreenBot

Up date on GreenBot V1-11
This is the latest version as of Tuesday of this week. Running on Alpari-us

10/05- Win 0 Loss- 1 buy @ -28
10/06- Win 1 buy@ +35 2 sell @ -33 -33

10/07- Win 1 sell @ +24 2 sell @ -33 -33

10/08- Win 2 sell @ +24 +24 2 buy @ -28 -28

Totals +107 -216 Net -109 pips

Not looking good at all for a new up date. Will see what they come up with next week.

Richard

EuroBot

Week one results:

First of all let me make this very clear, I have nothing to gain nor am I try to promote anything or anyone here. People asked about EuroBot and I just happen to be forward testing it for myself. As you can see from the amount of post I have done in the past year this is not something I do very often.

Forward demo-trades

The EuroBot was placed on these 4 brokers MT4 trading platforms starting late Wed. 10/06/10. Each broker had different results at first because of the time the EA was installed. After 24 hours they all started to take trades at the same time and entered with in a few pips of each other except for #3 broker. It is a good idea to see what broker works the best for a perticualer EA, believe me that they are not the same. I try to get demo accounts that will let me trade micro lots so when I get it narrow down to a demo that works good I then go live with 0.01 lots for my final test before we trade it full time

#1 broker: -45 +70 -45 +70 open @ +11 closed trades = -50 pips
#2 broker: +9.3 +1.4 -45 +70.5 -45 +70 open@ +7.9 closed trades = +61.2
#3 broker: +11 +1 -45 -45 +70 open 0 closed trades = -8
#4 broker: -9 -45 -45 +70 open +4.4 closed trades = -29

This next week should be more telling now that Eurobot has had a chance to get settled in. Karl suggested we set the Bot to take only long trades because the Eur/usd is in a strong up trend. I personally don,t think that would be a good idea. Most all of the +70 pips trades came from sell contracts. I can see already that there needs to be some changes in the SL and TP. The trailing stop only moves the SL to break even. After looking back at the charts I can see that a trailing stop of 20 instead of 35 would have been much better. It would have prevented some of the -45 pip trades. Next week should be very interesting.
PS Looks like I am going to loose my #2 broker because of this leverage deal of 50-1. Thats my #1 live account and they said they will be closing all US accounts. I got my noice today,that really sucks...so the hunt go on......

Richard

I'm pleased to announce that one existing text has changed from demo testing to a live account trading real money...

Forex Photon

There are also three new volunteers...

Forex Golem

Great 4x Channel

PsarJ

This one claims to be sold out, but is really still available. Read the story on the Performance Test page...

The Robot Event by GreatFxEvent.com

There was been one EA that crashed and burned very badly. Gold Expert Advisor was trading gold and silver on a demo account with a broker that allows demos to go negative. Things were profitable for awhile, then the balance plunged. The initial deposit was $25,000. After 17 weeks, the account balance was -$166,407.38.

I'd like to thank the people at Forex Photon not just for volunteering, but for putting cash on the line. I'd also like to thank the people at Forex Golem, Great 4x Channel, and PsarJ for volunteering.

New EAs and more

Before I tell you about the new EAs, I've got two other tests that need to be mentioned.

First, I'm very pleased to report that one of our previous volunteers for demo testing has switched over to a LIVE account. You can check out the link to the real money test here...

VIP21K

My thanks to VIP21K for not only volunteering, but for trading with cash instead of on demo.

Second, there's a great deal of concern about how the new CFTC regulations will affect EA performance. The FPA was already testing Pip Strider, but Forex Goldmine has just volunteered to have a second test set up. The new test follows all the NFA and CFTC regulations on a US forex broker.

Pip Strider NFA by Forex Goldmine

I'd like to thank Forex Goldmine for suggesting this test. Please note that the initial balance of this demo account was set to match the current balance of the other Pip Strider test so that we can all see how the new rules affect performance.

In new EAs, I've got another metals EA trading gold. This technically isn't forex, but there are a lot of forex brokers offering gold and silver on their MT4 platforms.

Forex Gold Trader

I'd like to thank the people at Forex Gold Trader for volunteering. Be aware that pip totals for gold will be different than pip totals for forex trading.

And now, the rest of the new EAs...

Forex Signal Base

Pips Reserve and Pips Gamma Y from PipsReserve.com

Platinum Forex Bot

I'd like to thank the people at Forex Signal Base for volunteering.

Forex Herd

Anyone tested Forex Herd yet? Seems like one the rare few that has some credibility to the story behind it. I have purchased and will demo test shortly.

Cheers,
Al

I've got 6 more EAs for you to check out...

Fx Retribution Infinity Pro

Forex Investor

Forex Morning Trade

Forexilla

Money Pusher Pro - RISK

MRN Bot - Advanced Edition

I'd like to thank Forex Investor Services, Forex Morning Trade, and Money Pusher Pro for volunteering. One or two others might be volunteers, but the guys in testing ran out before I could ask them to recheck the list for me.

Please contact the sellers of products if you have technical questions. If the EA is run by the FPA, all settings are default unless otherwise noted on the test page. If the EA is hosted by the seller, then the FPA is monitoring it using a read-only password. That means the FPA can see the trades as they happen, but has no access to the EA software.

If you are running the EA, there will probably be at least some performance differences between your account and the test here at the FPA. These can be caused by...

version of the software
demo vs. live trading
broker selection
internet connection speed
connection between MT4 and the broker
connection between MT4 and the product seller - for EAs and signals services using trade copiers

If the performance of your copy is significantly worse, contact the product seller and give them a chance to see if the issue can be fixed. If your copy is doing much better than the FPA's test, go ahead and post some suggestions here.

atholl

I tested the Event robot since its launched by end of september. It performs quite well. I use demo account with fxdd and start $5000 from 1st October, update account balance is $6094. Its profit 21%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back