FPA Introduces EA Performance Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
If an EA or system owner wants his product tested he should have the confidence to FUND the test account.
I suspect there would be a lot less bad systems tested if this rule was placed.
It has become a point of pride for ea/system floggers to say "we where on FPA", so I really think they should offer to fund a live account. The minimum funding should be at least $1000.00 and no pulling out until it has become $5000.00 or has been wiped out.
Anyone think this is a good idea?
Thanks, Del

I'd love it if every volunteer would provide a live account. I'd love it if the FPA had enough money to throw a few hundred dollars behind into an account of those "EA's of the week" that testing buys.

You may have noticed that the number of new managed and signals services dropped a lot after the live account requirement was put into place for those categories.

I do have some good news for you. I've been talking with the Supreme Admin for a long time about how to move more EA tests over to live accounts. Expect some major announcements on this sometime in November.

If an EA or system owner wants his product tested he should have the confidence to FUND the test account.
It has become a point of pride for ea/system floggers to say "we where on FPA", so I really think they should offer to fund a live account. The minimum funding should be at least $1000.00 and no pulling out until it has become $5000.00 or has been wiped out.
Thanks, Del
I will also be happy about this. It will avoid wasting time and resources to try EAs from developers who just believe in chance.

Thanks, Del

I made this request also a long time ago. If purveyors of EA's expect you to buy their product & run it on your live account then they should definitely have the courage to use their own money to do the same.

Toms EA will be interesting. Dustin Pass has left a massive trail of destruction in the wake of his forex career & you don't have to dig very deep on google to find it. Knowing him it will have an exorbitant price tag too. If I had a profitable EA Dustin Pass would certainly not be on my list of people to do a JV.

Thanks, Del

Any prudent trader would first test anything in a demo account prior to committing any of his/her own money to the test. To do otherwise, one would be a gambler and not a trader....

Any prudent trader would first test anything in a demo account prior to committing any of his/her own money to the test. To do otherwise, one would be a gambler and not a trader....

Absolutely correct!

I wish that more EA developers would do this before selling them (or volunteering at the FPA). I am glad to see how the AsstMod makes sure to highlight which tests are volunteers and which are brave enough to provide live account access. I see the full list of tests shows which ones are live vs. demo too.

Here's a thought. If you see a volunteered EA that's doing really well on demo and are thinking of buying it, contact the company and let them know that you would be much more confident purchasing it if they showed live account results at the FPA.

pls help me out i can't be able to view my account details pls
help me out

Are you refferring to your FPA profile or your trading account with your broker?
if its your FPA profile, just click on your user name wherever it appears in a forum and from there you wil see your profile details on FPA.
if you are talking of your trading acct, then maybe you ve tampered wit your MT4 platform and may need to click on the drop down menus at the top of the platform, click on "view" and select "navigator".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back