FPA Introduces Managed Forex Accounts Performance Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time, a record was set. This time, the record is tied and broken.

Acme Hedge Normal and Acme Hedge Aggressive - both from AcmeHedge.com

The aggressive account started with $10,000. There's one withdrawal of profits that shows as a downspike on the chart. The normal account started with $10,000, got another $90,000 deposited, and has several withdrawals of profit. That's a total of $100,000 deposited into a live trading account and is a new record for a live account being monitored by the FPA.

I'd like to thank Acme Hedge for volunteering and look forward to following their progress.

I took a look at Acme Hedge Trading account and is immediately hearten to see that their “trading style” and mine is not that much different.

Initially with usd10k account, I see they traded 0.40 & 0.50 lot sizes with pre-set SL, but no TP.
Profits & losses were most in the single digit with a few profits in the hundred dollars (highest being usd244,50).

Immediately after first withdrawal of usd4,250.00, they started trading with 1.0 lot size, and this time, no SL nor TP were set.

After making 12 trades (7 wins & 5 loses) with net profit of usd1,570.03, they deposited additional usd90k into the account. I suspect they must have become uncomfortable with the narrow available margin especially when the account sustain some losses. Also, they know that if you want to make big money in forex, you have to play with more than 1.0 trade size.
This they did immediately after depositing usd90k into the account and traded with 10.00 lot size.

They made three large trade sizes of 135.20, 193.30, & 253.60, and made some good profits from these trades. I suspect they made these 3 large trades (probably tried 200 lots on the first two trades and 300 lots on the third trade but only got what is available in the market, and hence the odd size trades) when they caught the currencies pairs tending at a predictable trend and just whack it as much as they “dared to risk” or as the market allows. I can imagine those must be the longest minutes of whoever-made-those-trades as he/she debated when to close the trades before it reversed.

It’s interesting to note that very few SL were set for the trades, and this exactly mirrored my sentiment that SL are set by those who are afraid to loss, but than loss anywhere when the SL is triggered (which, in some accounts that I have looked at, contributed to accounts wiped out due to too many SL being triggered).

This trading style basically confirmed what I think some traders does to make some big money…which is to open the largest trade that the account can handle with no SL, but making sure there is plenty of free margin to ride out initial losses (if any)……..Yes, I am deeply interested to follow this account for further development.

I forgot to take a look at ACME Hedge Trading Account.

Yes, you guys too out 2 trades x10 lot size "Buy" on the AUD/USD for total profits of usd500.00

The above and earlier figure I posted is for ACME Aggressive Trading Account.
Hmmmm, I would expect the "Aggressive Trading Account" to show more "bites' with trading size of much more than 1.0

Thanks Moderators for sending this link to me. My traders have fled big time from my account at Ava. I will try ACME but what concerns me is that they say on their website that ANY MT4 Broker will work for them.
Can a rep from ACME explain how they do can trade multiple broker accounts from one system?

I have 2 new volunteers on live accounts...

Benanke Investments

Winsor Managed Forex Accounts by CTSForex

There is a problem updating Benanke's statement at the moment, so I can't tell if the gold trades there had the same problems that other accounts trading metals had on May 5th or not.

I'd like to thank both these companies for participating in Performance Testing.

ACME uses an EA. No manual trades. Not for me. All EA's seem to crash eventually as robots cannot read market sentiment or news.

I have 2 new volunteers on live accounts...

Benanke Investments

Winsor Managed Forex Accounts by CTSForex

There is a problem updating Benanke's statement at the moment, so I can't tell if the gold trades there had the same problems that other accounts trading metals had on May 5th or not.

I'd like to thank both these companies for participating in Performance Testing.

Benanke's accounts were blown at Instaforex and FXopen PAMM - the other accounts are a mystery. No Updates normally mean 1 thing = poop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back