• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss FxOpen.com ( FxEgypt)

General discussions of a financial company
Arabic Live Chat Disruption

As you may know, the internet has been shut down in Egypt. Arabic live chat support has been interrupted as a result as many of our staff are in Egypt.

We will do our best to resume a limited Arabic live chat support as soon as possible. In the meantime, Arabic speaking clients may send queries to jafar.calley@fxopen.org

Our hopes and prayers go out to the Egyptian people.

Last edited:
I spoke to a customer service rep at FXOPEN Thursday who told me you ARE accepting U.S.citizens.
Please clarify if you are.....I applied for an account.

Thanks,
Mike

I'm sorry but since then we have decided to suspend acceptance of US clients until the legal status of doing so is known. Access to the main website of fxopen.com has been blocked for US clients, however MT4 and the trader's cabinet have not been blocked.

Is the current Egypt political situation going to affect FXOpen operations?

Yes, our Arabic support services are affected. I have been in contact with our staff and they are safe thank God. As the internet is still cut off by the government, they are unable to work at this time.

Will you still deal with existing US clients?

I've never seen your web site down before but I can't bring it up...

The website is blocked for USA. If you need to access cabinet functions, browse to https://cabinet.fxopen.com/Login.aspx

Wrong Time Again!

It's Sunday, 6 Feb 2011, 22:55 GMT
Your clock shows Monday, 7 Feb 06:55. That is +8 hours instead of +2.
What's up?

This is live feed on both FXOpen-Real1 and FXOpen-Real2
This false offset makes a lot of trouble here.

This is not the first time you have a problem with the clock. Especially after a weekend.
Please correct it - time is the second dimension of the market!

Hello Teodor. Due to weekend maintenance, the servertime clock was set incorrectly. It will need to remain so for the rest of the week to avoid 8 hours of service interruption.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hello Teodor. Due to weekend maintenance, the servertime clock was set incorrectly. It will need to remain so for the rest of the week to avoid 8 hours of service interruption.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for explanation.
Will they correct historic data afterward?
It will affect any backtesting.

Hello FxFrench

I need to contact someone from your company about one of my accounts. I recently was trying to deposit money into a small account that i trade live with but since there was no website access or phone access my account wiped out. It was a small account but If I would have had access to transfer between my accounts or phone access I would not have got a margin call. I emailed FxOpen long time before the margin call about what I needed to do to transfer or deposit but I have not got a response yet. What do I need to do to get some customer support to discuss this account, it is under $200 account but if it wasn't for this website interruption my account would not have wiped out.

Thanks
EzBusiness

Thanks for explanation.
Will they correct historic data afterward?
It will affect any backtesting.

Yes, the time for historic data will be fixed.

Hello FxFrench

I need to contact someone from your company about one of my accounts. I recently was trying to deposit money into a small account that i trade live with but since there was no website access or phone access my account wiped out. It was a small account but If I would have had access to transfer between my accounts or phone access I would not have got a margin call. I emailed FxOpen long time before the margin call about what I needed to do to transfer or deposit but I have not got a response yet. What do I need to do to get some customer support to discuss this account, it is under $200 account but if it wasn't for this website interruption my account would not have wiped out.

Thanks
EzBusiness

Hi. Please email me directly jafar.calley@fxopen.org and I will see what I can do for you.

Dear Clients

Currently, Real-1 server is experiencing a force majeure error situation which is beyond our control.

The error resulted MT4 not being able to display current open positions, pending orders and the last 6 months of history data.

We are currently working with Metaquotes (the creators of Metatrader) in order to solve the problem as soon as possible.

Once normal function has been restored on Real-1 server, we will process compensation claims for any losses you may have sustained during the downtime.

We are sorry for the inconvenience and we are doing everything in our power to rectify this situation.

Please note: This problem affects real1.fxopen.com server only. Real-2, Real-3, Demo, ECN Real and Demo are functioning normally.

Best Regards

FXOpen Team

What happened to pending orders?
Are they deleted or still pending?

I mean I don't know what happened to pending orders issued before the server failure.
I can see the yesterday balance and it suggests nothing changed
But I don't know if this is the final balance or just old figure.
No way to check if history gone.
The server seems to be working but I have no idea whether to trade this account or not - I don't want to find old pending orders filled mixed with new trades. These old orders should be closed by now.
Neither I know if I should transfer the funds to other account.
Transferring takes few hours. It may not make sense if you can bring it online within 5-6 hours.
And then... are you sure you can restore the history?
I get some revenue from cashback on this account...

Any update?

Last edited:
Back