• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss FxOpen.com ( FxEgypt)

General discussions of a financial company
What happened to pending orders?
Are they deleted or still pending?

I mean I don't know what happened to pending orders issued before the server failure.
I can see the yesterday balance and it suggests nothing changed
But I don't know if this is the final balance or just old figure.
No way to check if history gone.
The server seems to be working but I have no idea whether to trade this account or not - I don't want to find old pending orders filled mixed with new trades. These old orders should be closed by now.
Neither I know if I should transfer the funds to other account.
Transferring takes few hours. It may not make sense if you can bring it online within 5-6 hours.
And then... are you sure you can restore the history?
I get some revenue from cashback on this account...

Any update?

It's best if you don't attempt to make more trades on server 1 until we give the all clear. All the previous history is backed up and we have backups of the backups. We take our data integrity very seriously.

We are still working with Metaquotes to fix a new bug we "discovered" and hope to have the server patched asap.

Cannot Withdraw!

I have been with FXOpen for about 1 year now. I funded my account with AlertPay and have since made occasional small withdrawals.

Now, AlertPay is no longer an option to deposit or withdraw. I have been told that there is a technical problem with AlertPay, but this problem has been going on for some time now (more than a week).

I am not being allowed to withdraw my funds through any other method since my initial deposit was done with AlertPay. But if AlertPay is down, how long are my funds just going to be on HOLD?

I am not getting any response from support@fxopen.com or finance@fxopen.com and their chat feaure is not available since I am in the U.S. I basically have no toerh means to contact anyone at this point.

It looks like system wide failure:

- I cannot use account on Real1
- I cannot transfer money to my other accounts as no one available to approve it (manual approval required). I should have done it earlier instead of waiting patiently for the server fix...
- I tried to open another account to fund with CC but it failed - support says I have to wait till the problem solved.
- your feeds are off by 8 hrs and say it's Friday 01AM there. While it's still Thursday, 17PM GMT. This is already cheating my stuff. I have to control it all manually. Everything above 60 min. is skewed and cannot be used for reliable analysis.
It will do more mess once it comes to Saturday during Friday US session...

I'm stuck - cannot do anything :-(

Last edited:
OK, at least I can trade my other accounts.
I didn't lose anything (hopefully).
My flagship account is disabled.
But I still have the rest of my fleet.

I hope other people are not in trouble.

Don't you think you need redundant hot standby system?

Real1 is back online :)
And they corrected the time base.
Support says it's safe to trade it.

Some history still missing however.
It stopped on Tuesday, 8 Feb 2011... I mean the account history.

Data feed is also missing some bars...

Dear Clients!
Important notice!
The connection to Real-1 (real1.fxopen.com) server in the MetaTrader 4 terminal has been restored and stabilized. The MT4 server time for Real-1 is now GMT+2.
We do apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience. Please, make sure you read this message and fully understand the actions that will follow.
Due to technical reasons of force majeure nature, that caused Real-1 server malfunction, we were unable to restore the database of orders for the 9th and 10th of February 2011.
The Company management has decided:

1) The latest functioning database copy as of February 8th, 2011 will be used.
2) All deposits made on February 9th, 2011 will be added to your account balances.
3) All orders closed on February 9th, 2011 will be closed at the requested price (with the indication of this price) and your account balances will be adjusted accordingly.
4) All claims regarding orders that suffered losses during the Real-1 server downtime should be directed to chiefdealer@fxopen.com or dealer1@fxopen.com with the account number, ticket number of the order, the latest daily statement, MetaTrader 4 client terminal log files, screenshots of your MT4 client terminal etc.
5) All orders and positions placed or opened on February 10th 2011 will be cancelled and deemed non-legitimate.
6) Ignore this message if no losses have been incurred due to Real-1 server malfunction.

Order closing time and the time of all adjustments will be defined according to GMT+2.
We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences caused by the Real 1 server malfunction. We would like to assure you that each case will be addressed to individually and resolved in a way that if favorable for the client.

We would like to thank all our Clients for understanding.

For more information, please, see FXOpen Forum
FXOpen Team

I understand it's enough to send you Daily Confirmation I got from you to restore that missing day. Am I right?

Yes, that and/or a log file.

Geez! How do we know it won't happen again?

It has been a learning experience for us and for Metaquotes. We are investing time, energy and development funds as we speak to avoid a repeat of what has just happened.

This is the first major outage we have had in over two years. Our system is very robust already. What happened this time though was described as "force majeure". It's like protecting yourself from a bomb. You can sit in a tank and be fairly safe. However even a tank won't withstand the blast if it is nuclear!

Back