• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss FxOpen.com ( FxEgypt)

General discussions of a financial company
Non sense

I find it a little suspecious that fx cabinet was back up as soon as markets closed on friday and then it was available on sunday but not monday. I know i am not the only one to whom this has caused major set back in my account. and the worse is that there is no way to even deposit funds. I actually went to MB website and send money to finance@fxopen.com with my account number hoping this would work, but OF COURSE, i have contacted the fxopen team and no one bothered responding with somethign other than that genereci email of we are under attack boo hoo. This is ridiculous and i am curious to see what FxOpen is going to do with its customers as a customer retention measure. Reverse all losses taken since the attack? I don't know but i am starting to wonder who this "Russion Competitor" is in order to open an account with them since FxOpen is so busy fixing this instead of providing alternative temporary ways for its customers to manager their accounts.

Since late last week, FXOpen has been under attack by the biggest DDOS (Distributed Denial Of Service) attack seen in the company's history.

The attack that originates in Russia, but uses botnets from around the world is currently abusing the websites with over 100million connections per day and rising. No web server can handle that much information without interruptions and despite having the best DDOS protection in a large server cluster, FXOpen's websites are currently inaccessible however, trading via the MT4 terminal is completely unaffected.

On Friday, I spoke to the "hacker" who goes by the name of Ivan Ivanov of Khabarovsk, Russia and he demanded $5,000 to stop the attack. His demand has since risen to $15,000.

The attack was ordered by FXOpen's Russian competitors (according to Ivanov). This kind of criminal activity highlights the need for vigilance when dealing with Russian Forex companies who may also be involved in money laundering, mafia and terrorism.

FXOpen's IT team is working around the clock to find a solution and we hope some website functionality will return soon.

I understand this is something completely beyond any legal system?
I mean no authority to report to to make them stop...

What about striking back?

We would love to have the hacker behind bars right now, however we only have what is likely an assumed stolen identity and a city in Russia to go on.

As for striking back, while it is tempting, it is also illegal. We are a law abiding company :)

I find it a little suspecious that fx cabinet was back up as soon as markets closed on friday and then it was available on sunday but not monday. I know i am not the only one to whom this has caused major set back in my account. and the worse is that there is no way to even deposit funds. I actually went to MB website and send money to finance@fxopen.com with my account number hoping this would work, but OF COURSE, i have contacted the fxopen team and no one bothered responding with somethign other than that genereci email of we are under attack boo hoo. This is ridiculous and i am curious to see what FxOpen is going to do with its customers as a customer retention measure. Reverse all losses taken since the attack? I don't know but i am starting to wonder who this "Russion Competitor" is in order to open an account with them since FxOpen is so busy fixing this instead of providing alternative temporary ways for its customers to manager their accounts.

Hello Ahlam. I'm sorry you are inconvenienced. We are doing everything in our power to restore normal functionality to our websites. The is nothing suspicious about this, except for the actions of certain Russian companies who ordered the attack.

$15,000? that's it? seriously? you probably made that Thursday night in less than hour thanks to the fact that people could not upload funds to their account which caused them to take huge losses. I understand not wanting to pay a hacker, but think of the real cost of these attacks, aside from the IT hours spent trying to figure out how to fix this, i am certain FxOpen has lost customers over this. Specially that for thre past month, things have been questionable, server were down for a while, the server time was changed, then myfxopen was on and off AND the trade execution slowed down drastically.

The worse is that fxopen is not offering any type of incentive or "we apologize you went through this type of thing, here is a minimal bonus added to your account", no, nothing. AND FxOpen's communication to its customers is horrible. If you don't look for info online or on a forum (if it works), you can wonder and wonder what could possibly be going wrong. You should have emailed your customers as soon as this happened to warn them. Then maybe people would close their trades and wait for this issue to be resolved and that would have also saved you the angry emails and calls from frustrated customers like myself.:shocked:

Since late last week, FXOpen has been under attack by the biggest DDOS (Distributed Denial Of Service) attack seen in the company's history.

The attack that originates in Russia, but uses botnets from around the world is currently abusing the websites with over 100million connections per day and rising. No web server can handle that much information without interruptions and despite having the best DDOS protection in a large server cluster, FXOpen's websites are currently inaccessible however, trading via the MT4 terminal is completely unaffected.

On Friday, I spoke to the "hacker" who goes by the name of Ivan Ivanov of Khabarovsk, Russia and he demanded $5,000 to stop the attack. His demand has since risen to $15,000.

The attack was ordered by FXOpen's Russian competitors (according to Ivanov). This kind of criminal activity highlights the need for vigilance when dealing with Russian Forex companies who may also be involved in money laundering, mafia and terrorism.

FXOpen's IT team is working around the clock to find a solution and we hope some website functionality will return soon.

$15,000? that's it? seriously?

In all likelihood, if we paid, the attacks would only continue. We have been attacked in the same way 4-5 times a month for the last few years and previously we were able to withstand it.

The worse is that fxopen is not offering any type of incentive or "we apologize you went through this type of thing, here is a minimal bonus added to your account", no, nothing.

As this attack is beyond our control, there is no reason for claims of compensation as our trading servers are not affected at all. I'm sorry for the inconvenience and all I can offer you is information that we are doing our best to restore normal services.

FXopen website down

It is very alarming to hear that online broker are prone to attack by "hacker", and competition between rival company lead to this kind of attack. Can't you find "ethical hacker" for hire to help you fend off the attack? Isn't there a cyber crime authorities to lodge your complaint. Ransom demand is kinda heavy stuff for authority to take lightly.

It is very alarming to hear that online broker are prone to attack by "hacker", and competition between rival company lead to this kind of attack. Can't you find "ethical hacker" for hire to help you fend off the attack? Isn't there a cyber crime authorities to lodge your complaint. Ransom demand is kinda heavy stuff for authority to take lightly.

We have a large IT department of our own, some of whom may be considered "white hat" hackers. Maybe we already know who is doing this and are waiting for the police to knock down his door.

The FBI, CIA, various government agencies, banks, financial institutions, justice dept...you name it....reportedly get hit hundreds and thousands of times daily.

Kidnappings, pirates, terrorist, blackmailers, muggers, thieves, fraudsters, forgers, scammers...etc....are wide spread.

So, how do we...i.e the "good" people : ) ....going to protect ourselves against all these onslaughts?

These are facts of life on planet Earth, and we just have to adjust and do the best we can.

P/S: I just hope FxOpen get the problem fixed soooon...yah!...as the problem is starting to get troublesome and worrisome.

Yeah...but...

Yes, the attacks are causing a rather huge annoyance to us, but....that is exactly why they are doing the attacks in the first place. As long as my trading is unaffected, and I am able to withdraw my money (by some means other than through the website if it overloaded), then I don't care. I think FXOpen is an awesome company and will continue to do business with them.

Back