New Forex Stuff GazFx Trading Room

GazFx

Corporal
WARNING! If you crave minute-by-minute action, this strategy is definitely NOT for you!

This strategy is for people that don't want to monitor a computer screen all day and all night. It is for those of us that do want to hitch a ride with long-term price trends that result in significant financial gains.

For example:
"A gain of 5,592 pips. Entered at 6.28270 and closed-out at 6.84190. At close-out a pip was worth US$14.50 (1 Standard Lot). Profit $81,084 / Risk $3,200. Risk Reward Ratio 1:25. Duration of approximately 4-months between 18 April 2018 and 13 Aug 2018 / 17 weeks." See USDCNH charts below.

This is a medium to long-term strategy that trades the weekly price trend. It is combined with the daily timeframe, which is used to time entries, modifies, and exits. As a result, a trade position can take several months to complete, presenting multiple opportunities along the way to modify the stop loss to breakeven and beyond, as well as opportunities to add to an existing position.

The backend software developed as part of the strategy is designed to look for weekly trend changes and daily trigger points. It performs this function once a day at the London open. When a trigger point is detected, a trade alert is issued, and then manually assessed and confirmed to form a trading decision.

Whenever a trade is opened, modified, or closed on the GazFx MT4 terminal, backend software instantly sends you an email alert detailing the transaction. Information is presented in an easy-to-copy format as shown in the examples below:

28rlawk.jpg

9u12es.jpg

9zx0mv.jpg

To take a 60-day test drive
email your name, country, and the email address you want to use for alerts. After 60-days the subscription is only $20 a month if you want to continue hearing from me.
My email address is: gazfx@bigpond.com

The trading cycle goes something like this:

1. The weekly alert comes first, signaling that the underlying price trend has reversed direction. From this point forward the daily chart is monitored.
  2. A daily alert comes next. The daily trend direction has aligned with the weekly trend direction, and we wait for an entry set-up to trigger.
  3. The entry is made and the entry stop loss is set. Throughout the trade, successive swing points are monitored for opportunities to modify the stop loss to breakeven and profit lock.
  4. Another weekly alert comes along, triggering a trade exit alert. The underlying price trend has reversed direction, this time counter to our trade position. The trade is closed-out without hesitation. We now await the next daily alert, and for the cycle to repeat.
EURCHF TRADE EXAMPLE:

2euqr11.jpg

Weekly sell signal triggers at the vertical orange line.

2utorwl.jpg

Daily sell signal triggers 9 days later at the vertical red dashed line.
Trade is closed on the weekly buy signal at the vertical green line 37 days later.
164 pip gain.
USDCNH TRADE EXAMPLE:

t50vhi.jpg

Weekly buy signal triggers at the vertical green line.

nb2q83.jpg

Daily buy signal triggers 43 days later at the vertical blue dashed line.

2q0rd50.jpg

Trade is closed on the weekly sell signal at the vertical orange line 17 weeks later.
5592 pip gain.​

The backend software developed for this strategy tracks 49 currency pairs including the majors, crosses, and a selection of exotics offered by my broker, IC Markets. Obviously, some of the exotics offered by my broker might not be available from yours, and vice versa.

AUDCAD, AUDCHF, AUDJPY, AUDNZD, AUDUSD, CADCHF, CADJPY, CHFJPY, EURAUD, EURCAD,
EURCHF, EURGBP, EURJPY, EURNZD, EURUSD, GBPAUD, GBPCAD, GBPCHF, GBPJPY, GBPNOK,
GBPNZD, GBPSEK, GBPSGD, GBPTRY, GBPUSD, NZDCAD, NZDCHF, NZDJPY, NOKSEK, NZDUSD,
SEKJPY, SGDJPY, USDCAD, USDCHF, USDCNH, USDCZK, USDDKK, USDHKD, USDHUF, USDJPY,
USDMXN, USDNOK, USDPLN, USDRUB, USDSEK, USDSGD, USDTHB, USDTRY, USDZAR.

I don't claim to be any kind of market guru. I'm just not that good, and to be honest with you, I don't think I need to be. This strategy works for me not because I'm good, but because it's good. It will work for you, I am positive of that.

Once again, to take a 60-day test drive email your name, country, and the email address you want to use for alerts. After 60-days the subscription is only $20 a month if you want to continue hearing from me.
My email address is: gazfx@bigpond.com

Gary, GazFx

Back